I just wish Louie would take this program seriously...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
Forum Member
Pathetic....

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of melodrama in the show I kind of like how he subverts it. But then he goes and says everyone is a young Etta James and reminds me he's just as deluded as the rest of them :(
  • heva__xheva__x Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Louis better not ruin Johnny like he did to Storm Lee last year, Storm had a unique voice, different from Johnny's obviously but he's turning him into a circus freak like he did to Storm instead of just letting the poor guy sing! Aaaagh the guy frustrates me!
  • BaconbaconBaconbacon Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    Why should he take it seriously when the producers/Simon dont take him seriously? Every year he's given the **** categories, the other judges go out of their way with their comments to undermime him and this year he was forced to take that idiot Sinitta as his helper over Adele.
  • japarajapara Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone says you need a couple of the joke acts in (e.g. Goldie) as its foremost an entertainment programme NOT a singing competition. So how come the American x factor hasn't put any joke acts through???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take this serously?! This is the X Factor, all seriousness is well and truly dead.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is Louis taking it seriously because he hasn't got a clue what people are listening to these days.
    He probably thinks Ronan Keating is still cutting edge.

Let's thank our lucky stars none of the other catagories got him as mentor otherwise we'd have Misha in a ballgown singing power ballads or The Risk doing a Westlife B side on stalls
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was him I wouldnt take it seriously. He is not taken seriously, he gets the joke category every single year without fail.

I think everything he does he does completely on purpose. I like Louis despite the fact that he is a prat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take this serously?! This is the X Factor, all seriousness is well and truly dead.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What like Simon took it seriously with Steve?
    Like he took it seriously with Shayne?
    Like Danni took it seriously with Leon?
    Like Cheryl took it seriously with Joe?
    Like Danni took it seriously with Matt?

Oh yeah, being serious really works on this show...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like that we have a judge who takes us down to earth and reminds us that this is first and foremost Saturday night entertainment.
  • The Steel FlippThe Steel Flipp Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people talk about some of the acts being jokes but I have said this before but Louis really does come across as the main joke. Whether he had no choice in who picks and having Sinitta as his co-judge he should get a backbone and actually do something about it, he should also stop with all those absolutely terrible cliches and half truths he keeps spouting out. I can't take Louis seriously let alone him taking the programme seriously. Come in Louis Walsh your time is up.
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I think this is Louis taking it seriously because he hasn't got a clue what people are listening to these days.
    He probably thinks Ronan Keating is still cutting edge.

Let's thank our lucky stars none of the other catagories got him as mentor otherwise we'd have Misha in a ballgown singing power ballads or The Risk doing a Westlife B side on stalls

Is'nt he anymore shame.;)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis' never tried to take the X Factor seriously. The fact that some of his choices have been laughable says this.
  • GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they'd done a complete overhaul of the judges actually and replaced Louis. I think the show needs someone new in his slot. Sorry Louis!
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    GOT71 wrote: »
    Pathetic....

He does take it seriously. He is offered a huge sum of money every year for turning up. So he turns up.
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest this show is so rigged with cliches that its hard to take it serous. So many stories everyday coming out about different contestants and their antics of screen its as bad as Big Brother. The day of proper talent shows are dead and gone. You cannot blame one judge out of the whole lot because of this. Its the producers and Simon Cowell who make the decisions at the end of the day. I think its totally unfair how they treat Louis Walsh ok so some of you do'nt like him but he deserves some respect because he know this show is what it is and does'nt take it seriously.:)
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis's choice of acts - Goldie over Sami, for example, is a joke - but his choice of songs for those who do get through is like he is sending them up - and, sadly, sending them home early.

Although Jonjo is out of his depth talentwise, at least he had the sense to reject whatever novetly song or 70s gay disco glitterball anthem Louis had lined up for him. That he was then allowed to sing something that didn't let him come across at his best was also Louis's fault.

The others all went ahead with their Louis-laugh-a-minute gay karaoke night numbers and only because Sami and Kitty can actually sing did they emerge with any credit. What he did to Jonny was pathetic - the guy needs to get out the camp tent and into something with at least an iota of credibilty that he could maybe base an act on.

Sad, so sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoinGaga wrote: »
    I wish they'd done a complete overhaul of the judges actually and replaced Louis. I think the show needs someone new in his slot. Sorry Louis!

I agree, would have liked to see someone new Louis is so annoying
  • plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    GOT71 wrote: »
    Pathetic....

Exactly. How anyone could have picked Goldie over Sami his only real talent in his group is beyond me. His sniveling when Sami was praised up by the other judges last night made me want to puke.:eek:

He may get the bum category but he doesn't have to behave like he fully deserves it.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How could he take this seriously when he is being blatantly screwed by getting the worst category every year?
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we believe the judges have total say over what acts go through? I doubt it, Cowell and ITV producers do. Why would they let Goldie through the initial screening and onto the judges auditions if they didn't. They want the controversial acts for the publicity and lets be honest Jedward have done well out of it.

Louis gets the short staw, when he got a decent category he won it with Shayne, so he gets a bad rap when it isn't his fault, and if any of the other judges kept getting the weak groups there would be tantrums all the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duncann wrote: »

Although Jonjo is out of his depth talentwise, at least he had the sense to reject whatever novetly song or 70s gay disco glitterball anthem Louis had lined up for him. That he was then allowed to sing something that didn't let him come across at his best was also Louis's fault.

At least that would've been entertainingly awkward, as opposed to just dull, robotic and badly sung.
  • AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Louis is following a script.