Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Dune (blue ray, US edition)

Ageing a bit now but love the story and music.

8/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Domestic Disturbance [2001]. Director: Harold Becker

4/10

12 year old boy takes on his homicidal psycho stepfather as the plot gets sillier and sillier.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Life of Pi - 3/10
    Yawn, yawwwwn and need I say YAWN! I don't really like animals so that's like 89% of the movie right there.
    I remember reading the book for school like ten years ago but even then it was just one of those forced academic readings.
    The three is only because there were a few "LOL" moments.

Django Unchained - 6/10
    I couldn't believe it was nearly three hours long! I kept thinking, is it finished yet? Is it finished noooow? It was a run of the mill, gory, Tarantino film. I personally didn't find it thought-provoking or controversial. That being said, it wasn't too bad for a Western movie.
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Machinist - 9/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On TV: 'Bridget Jones's Diary' - 5/5
    On DVD: 'Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back' - 4.5/5
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Resident Evil 5 - 1/10

The point where even I can no longer defend it. It's like Sucker Punch, but without the knowledge that it is totally shit.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Destination Moon - 8/10 - interesting film made 19 years before the first actual manned flight to the moon, very enjoyable film
  • NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodfellas 10/10
    Forum Member
    The Sword in the Stone - 7/10 - very nice Disney film, not one of my favourites but still good
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,164
    Forum Member
    Pillow Talk (1959) - 7/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Watched Monsters last night. An enjoyable movie created on a budget of £500,000. Not your average "run and scream" alien invasion type film. Instead the people within the "infected zone" live alongside the alien visitors. Not your typical Hollywood blockbuster but worth a watch.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Busy Christmas for films, with mostly rubbish Xmas TV I got a chance to catch up on films I had yet to see.

Rope (1948) Hichcock- Saw it when I was a teenager, but could not remember it at all, very enjoyable and smart if a little dated. 6/10

Moonrise Kingdom (2012) Wes Anderson, for some reason I thought I would not enjoy this. I avoided media reviews when it was released but somehow took the notion it was not Andersons finest hour. It was SO good, the visuals were superb and it had the directors usual quirkiness in abundance, but I also felt that the central story of teenage love hit just the right notes. 9/10

Beasts of the Southern Wild is a 2012 American fantasy by Benh Zeitlin, I was expecting this to be like Pans Labyrinth, but it put me much more in mind of the 2002 New Zealand film Whale Rider. It is fantastical, but full of heart. Cannot recommend it enough. 10/10

Ted, Seth McFarlane 2012, SO funny, way better than I expected, genuinely laugh out loud, only thing is
    I widh they had not bought Ted back to life at the end, but that's a minor complaint.
    Great performances by two leads. I will add that my expectations were low, so maybe I am over hyping how good it is, due to lowered expectations. :) 7.5/10
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Count the Hours (1953) B&W. Simple but effective story - 7/10
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Confessions of a Shopaholic...not my normal choice of film at all..in fact the total opposite but I had 3 hours to myself for the first time since the children broke up from school before Christmas and I chilled!!!!..7/10..it was quite funny.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Von Ryan's Express. It wouldn't be the festive season without it. Standard war movie with Frank Sinatra leading a bunch of POWs in an escape involving a train. Not bad for passing the time and it is slightly different from that usual type of film because of it's ending. 6.5/10
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,765
    Forum Member
    The Prestige. I've seen it countless times, but I still have difficulty understanding the ending! 10/10.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Shadowlands
    Anthony Hopkins and Deborah winger

Fantastic film, modern filmmakers should take note that its all in the story and the acting. Hopkins is heartbreakingly good.

9/10
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Shadowlands
    Anthony Hopkins and Deborah winger

Fantastic film, modern filmmakers should take note that its all in the story and the acting. Hopkins is heartbreakingly good.

9/10

Wonderful film
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Catch me if you can 8/10
  • KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    A Fistful of Dollars (1964)

10/10
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    True Grit (2010)

As someone who has never been a fan of the Coen brothers and takes a very dim view of Westerns, it's fair to say i wasn't expecting a great deal from this film but WOW, I couldn't have been more wrong!

Superbly scripted, beautifully shot and directed and capped off with two truly stunning performances from Jeff Bridges and the mesmerising 14 year old newcomer Hailee Steinfeld this film is an absolute joy, would recommend to anyone! 10/10
    Forum Member
    Mrs Brown - 8/10 - lovely film, very well acted, Judi Dench was simply fabulous as Queen Victoria & surprisingly Billy Connolly was very good as Mr Brown
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beowulf

8/10 - Great movie, awesome visual effects and great voice acting. Would've liked a more solid ending, but an enjoyable movie.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Mother's Day (2010) - 9/10
This discussion has been closed.