Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Die Hard III 5/10 - with Samuel Jackson and Bruce Willis. Since Christmas, I have worked through the Die Hards. I am a bit bored of them now :o

The first one is decent enough at Christmas time (not every year though!) but for Die Hard II and III, I don't want to see either of them again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Catfish (2010) - 9/10 - I was absolutely riveted throughout, it's both terrifying and stunning if this really is a true story.
  • shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like die hard 3 its may fav of the 4
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Arthur Christmas - 8/10
    The 5 Year Engagement - 8/10
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chernobyl diaries

7/10
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Transformers - 7/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like die hard 3 its may fav of the 4

Maybe I'm watching too many Die Hard's in one go...

Although my personal preference is Die Hard 1. It has a young Alan Rickman and Bruce Willis in it for a start ;)
  • P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iron Man 2

8.5/10 :)
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ghost Ship - didn't finish because the DVD stopped working at around 40 minutes into the film. It skipped to the start. Bah. But it was fun while it lasted.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Bolt - 8/10 - very funny film, loved the hamster character Rhino
  • Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny that this thread is called 'movies'.

Whatever happened to 'film', eh?

I've just watched 'The Angels' Share', directed by Ken Loach.

Absolutely brilliant - best film I've seen in a long time.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    The Hunter 2012 Iran
    A man takes an act of vengeance after a terrible tragedy. I recorded this off BBC4 a few weeks back, it was good, different but a bit disjointed in pace. 6/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zero Dark Thirty: 7/10
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Brothers - Jake Gyllenhal and Toby Maguire(?)

Was OK but Toby M will always looks about 16 years old and will always be spiderman.

6/10
  • kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Eight Below... Watched it this afternoon with my son. Will give it 7 out of 10. Dragged on a bit in parts but it was a good story.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Carry On Doctor - 10/10
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BATMAN BEGINS - 9/10
    THE DARK KNIGHT - 9/10
    THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - 6/10 (a LOT wrong with it, it was frustrating to me!)
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *sharp intake of breathe*

like i said with THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS ..... watched it last night and was excited to see it ..... but terrible i came away from it FRUSTRATED!

a LOT of things were great about it ..... the acting, scenarios, effects and the main storyline was excellent!

but a LOT of things were wrong with it too ..... notably the style of editing they used! now they use it in the previous movies to great effect, but some of the cuts were quite frankly AMATEURISH! especially the cut for the cops being rescued from the tunnel, it simply cuts from the explostion to create the hole in the barracade, to them halfway out already which made it very disconcerting to me! ..... to the fact that the reveal of "the bat" was RUINED by a mid-cut as it came out of the shadows (surprising because the same scenario with the tumbler in BB) ..... but the worst one was the reveal of john blake's "other" name ..... barely felt like a big thing, and could have easily been missed by viewers! add selina kyles entrance on the batpod at the end, she just APPEARS there (and i literally THREW my arms out in frustration at that) and who was that other woman with selina? NO BACK STORY for either her, selina or john blake!

there's also a big problem with key scenes not being DRAMATIC ENOUGH! the plane rescue at the beginning just didn't have enough in it, and at the end i asked myself "is that it?" and the whole "bat break" scene at the end of their fight just fell flat ..... like batman did on the cold hard floor LOL also the THREE month "kayfabe" wait, from when bane takes over gotham and the end in winter? was that a "end of the world" take perhaps?

oh and there's the whole IMAX thing ..... the screen formatting was used to GREAT effect in TRON LEGACY, but used sparingly ..... but the timings in TDKR was almost random and felt like too much of the movie was done like this!

another problem was the multiple story threads ..... perhaps to the writers maybe ..... maybe ..... and that leads to this one ..... like BREAKING DAWN did and TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON should have been, maybe the third and most epic of the trilogy could have been made into TWO parts? to give the above mentioned characters some sort of backstory, and to spread out the story (maybe have bruce getting dumped in the uzbekh prison the end of part one? as we got a tremendous one for bane .....

not bad as in terrible, but trying to fit in such an epic story into even a tad shy of three hours, might have been too much for the creators ..... and the thing to finally break the batmans back!

BUT NOT ONCE AND FOR ALL .....

but the dark knight rises is the WORST of the modern batman movies for me, and that's very dissapointing
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No Monkey Business [1935]. Director: Marcel Varnel

5/10

Hectic British comedy that has thus far failed to muster 5 votes on IMDb. French born director Varnel and scripter Val Guest would soon find fame working with Will Hay.
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    wuffles wrote: »
    The Prestige. I've seen it countless times, but I still have difficulty understanding the ending! 10/10.

Which part in particular do you not understand?
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taken 2.

Meh, 7/10 at it's best. I really liked the first film and moderately enjoyed this one, but I wouldn't watch it again. Just seemed a bit flat.
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954) - 7.5/10
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kania wrote: »
    Eight Below... Watched it this afternoon with my son. Will give it 7 out of 10. Dragged on a bit in parts but it was a good story.

couple of other Husky films your young? son will enjoy.

try a husky animation called Balto. Well worth watching

or "Iron Will"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having decided with a bit of reluctance to finally watch The Bourne Legacy, I watched the first three again over the last few days. They, in their different ways, stand up brilliantly for me, and I think they will continue to do so thanks to Matt's Damon's acting, and Franka Potente's. Legacy just seemed to emphasise all that was good about the first three by failing to recapture their spark. Rachel Weisz was excellent though, and her hubby really did Bourne 4 last year, in the guise of Skyfall.
This discussion has been closed.