Options

Mirror reporting Pammy got paid 150k..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not bad for 3 mins of skating...:D
she owes 300k in taxes (US dollars) so thats a good amount to pay off it.

Comments

• Options
    JennieXJennieX Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    moonburn wrote: »
    Not bad for 3 mins of skating...:D
    she owes 300k in taxes (US dollars) so thats a good amount to pay off it.
    :eek:

I hope Matt Evers got paid the same!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jean4ever wrote: »
    :eek:

I hope Matt Evers got paid the same!

You can be sure he didn't earn that amount.
  • Options
    BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even il put on skates for that amount LOL
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought she'd get close to double that. I wonder what channel 5s Big Brother budget is then if they couldn't get her for a full series.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    How much do Phillip Schofield and the soon to be Mrs Lampard earn for reading an autocue?

Back in 2008 Schofield was apparently getting £50,000 an hour for doing the show - Pam Anderson's £150k was much better value!:D
  • Options
    tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    Nice work if you can get it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    She was out partying with her co-stars. She is quids in again, the same happened on DWTS All Stars think she lasted until week 2, but she hadn't put the training in then, so wasn't surprised she went out felt sorry for her pro dance partner Tristan. At least for DOI she looked a bit better prepared.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2258874/Pamela-Anderson-bleary-eyed--revealed-got-paid-1-000-SECOND-Dancing-On-Ice.html
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the judges did her a big favour then - get voted out on day one, earn £150, and get first class flights home.

If it's that easy, I think I'll get a pair of false boobs and make a sex video................
  • Options
    tweenietweenie Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'We had to book first class flights for her and source plush accommodation for months too in case she got to the final stages.

'All in all we've spent about £150,000 on Pammy and she has lasted one week. It's a disaster.'

based on the above I doubt she received all of the £150k but still received a hefty sum. They had to pay for Chris and Matt to visit US for trainining.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tweenie wrote: »
    'We had to book first class flights for her and source plush accommodation for months too in case she got to the final stages.

'All in all we've spent about £150,000 on Pammy and she has lasted one week. It's a disaster.'

based on the above I doubt she received all of the £150k but still received a hefty sum. They had to pay for Chris and Matt to visit US for trainining.

I don't know she may have walked away with the whole amount depends how good her people were at negotiating her contract. She didn't walk off the programme, she was voted off so she upheld her side. Could be inflated figures of her fee to start with who knows. All the more publicity for DOI and that's ultimately what they are looking for.

Laughing at the 'it's a disaster' they should have perhaps done a bit of research on her activites beforehand. On past experience the outcome wasn't unexpected. DWTS were obviously smarter as they didn't pay for Tristan to fly across the globe with her so that was part of the reason she didn't train so much, think she had been in the Bulgarian Big Brother before that and don't think she lasted long there either. Think that's what she does flies around the world and does different shows.

The cynic in me thinks she was put there for the publicity but not to last very long in there. She didn't get public support on DWTS either me thinks ITV needed to do their research. Correcting my earlier post, she was out in week 1 on DWTS.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Well, according to Pammie, she is constantly being asked to do her own show in Vegas!! Why is she doing reality TV and panto in UK?? Honestly, these people need a reality check! Pam is hardly a catch for ITV and the constant nonsense about her being a big "Hollywood Star"! It was hilarious, poor girl hasn't done anything since Baywatch. It is the same with David Hasselhoff, he can't get work in US but he is often here in UK on our TVs!! If anyone had done any research about Pam they would have discovered she is not popular anymore and is very much on the way down, career wise. Well, a fool and their money are soon parted!! Obviously, if ITV really wanted to keep her in the show, we all know there are ways to achieve this!!!!!! For example, why not let everyone skate before having a public vote. It would have kept her in two weeks!! Mind you we do not know how awful the others are, that joy is to come next week!!

Does anyone REALLY believe the wardrobe malfunction story? I don't. They paid her 150K, gave her fabulous accommodation, first class tickets etc BUT could not get the wardrobe mistress to get her a dress that she did not fall out of!! Hilarious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, according to Pammie, she is constantly being asked to do her own show in Vegas!! Why is she doing reality TV and panto in UK?? Honestly, these people need a reality check! Pam is hardly a catch for ITV and the constant nonsense about her being a big "Hollywood Star"! It was hilarious, poor girl hasn't done anything since Baywatch. It is the same with David Hasselhoff, he can't get work in US but he is often here in UK on our TVs!! If anyone had done any research about Pam they would have discovered she is not popular anymore and is very much on the way down, career wise. Well, a fool and their money are soon parted!! Obviously, if ITV really wanted to keep her in the show, we all know there are ways to achieve this!!!!!! For example, why not let everyone skate before having a public vote. It would have kept her in two weeks!! Mind you we do not know how awful the others are, that joy is to come next week!!

Does anyone REALLY believe the wardrobe malfunction story? I don't. They paid her 150K, gave her fabulous accommodation, first class tickets etc BUT could not get the wardrobe mistress to get her a dress that she did not fall out of!! Hilarious.

Sure there were ways and means of keeping her in longer, if they thought about it:D

Noticed in her first dance she had a dress with flesh coloured fabric at the top to keep her ample bosom in check. For the skate off she was wearing a strapped dress and was pouring out over the top of it, before she even skated, a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. By accident or design:D

Least she is laughing about it, some would be mortified.

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1522106.ece/ALTERNATES/s338b/Pamela+Anderson+suffers+a+wardrobe+malfunction+on+Dancing+on+Ice
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/pamela-anderson-blames-nipple-slip-1523174
    Look at the pictures in the link she almost poppping out they so yes I do think it went all wrong.
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    How much do Phillip Schofield and the soon to be Mrs Lampard earn for reading an autocue?

Back in 2008 Schofield was apparently getting £50,000 an hour for doing the show - Pam Anderson's £150k was much better value!:D

They have exclusive contracts from ITV so don't get paid specifically for DOI. Obviously Pip's salary also covers This Morning, The Cube etc. - since Christine got the elbow from Daybreak she doesn't do much apart frm DOI though. Her contract is up in the Summer & I suspect ITV will be relieved to save a few quid. I don't expect to see her on Dancing On Ice next year.
  • Options
    TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This may also partly explain lack of a tour this year if they have blown all of the budget on her. Personally not convinced she was worth it.

Also I believe Chris actually lives in America these days anyway so they wouldn't have to fly him out especially and Matt Evers technically still lives there as well although he seems to be mostly based here these days. Again though he would normally have been back in America for a while before DOI starts anyway so again he probably wouldn't have been flown out just for that.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am definitely convinced she wasn't worth it. None of these so-called "big" stars are worth it.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know she may have walked away with the whole amount depends how good her people were at negotiating her contract.
    The quote says they spent that much on her, not that was her fee. That would include all of her associated expenses, such as flights and accommodation and any additional costs that would come with training her abroad too.

If they were treating her as their big star, they should have had the sense to save her until Week 2, to be sure of two week's worth of appearances. Also, she might be a big, tabloid friendly star, but she's not the sort of person the public would automatically vote for. I thought she came across well enough, but soap stars, Olympic heroes and surprisingly bad X Factor winners have a stronger connection with the voting public. An extra week to endear herself wouldn't have hurt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why didn't they make sure her costume would be more secure and not likely to wardrobe malfunction, expecially with the size of her boobs ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    The quote says they spent that much on her, not that was her fee. That would include all of her associated expenses, such as flights and accommodation and any additional costs that would come with training her abroad too.

If they were treating her as their big star, they should have had the sense to save her until Week 2, to be sure of two week's worth of appearances. Also, she might be a big, tabloid friendly star, but she's not the sort of person the public would automatically vote for. I thought she came across well enough, but soap stars, Olympic heroes and surprisingly bad X Factor winners have a stronger connection with the voting public. An extra week to endear herself wouldn't have hurt.

They couldn't because she was swanning off back to L.A to do a charity thing for Haiti which is why she had to skate in the first week they didn't have a choice. They had to plan around her schedule so its technically her own fault she had to skate in Week 1.

Personally given her attitude in that interview I don't think she is that big a loss to the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hitnmix wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/pamela-anderson-blames-nipple-slip-1523174
    Look at the pictures in the link she almost poppping out they so yes I do think it went all wrong.

Yes, but it was planned!! It gave Pammie an early exit. She was wearing a TINY dress, obviously, ANYONE who looked at the outfit would know she would have a problem with her enlarged boobs. I doubt this decision was made by a wardrobe mistress. Everything I have seen shows the dress slipping but if she was wearing nipple plaster she MUST HAVE KNOWN her boob or boobs would nearly fall out! Apparently, Phil mentioned there was a problem during rehearsals for the show, so why was the outfit not changed? Her first skating outfit was fine, no problem at all!! I can well see why Pammie was happy with (alledgely) 150K for a few minutes "work"!!! If you saw the pics of her out and about in London she looked far from "devastated"!! Also Pammie has earned her money by exposing her body, I somehow doubt she would be deeply upset about a bit of boob slipping out of her dress.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    I am definitely convinced she wasn't worth it. None of these so-called "big" stars are worth it.

Agree as most of these "big Hollywood Stars" are in fading careers, e.g. Pammie, David Hasselhof, Charlene from Dallas etc. All presented to the UK TV audience as "Hollywood Stars" when they cannot get work in the USA. David Hasselhof for example appears to have a serious alcohol problem, even appeared on This Morning slurring his words and looking drunk. Still, if the producers of these shows are daft enough to pay these enormous salaries you can hardly blame the "stars" for taking it. Would Pammie be doing UK panto if she was still a big star?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the wardrobe malfunction in rehearsal was with a different outfit because she was complaining about the straps not being crossed the way they should have been so not sure if the outfit was then changed or if it was the same one but I'm sure she says in the interview it was another dress that there was problems with.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad she's gone.

Wrong of me I know, but I cannot be bothered with trans-Atlantic imports into our RTV programmes.

Speidi have made a similar impression on me.:yawn::yawn:
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    I wonder how much they are paying the 2 Olympians for being on the show. Not nearly as much I'm sure.

.... And also why would you use a nipple petal or whatever she called it if you didn't expect to pop out of the dress. It was all publicity for her and the show.
  • Options
    bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why people are so surprised that Pamela was voted off first, she doesn't have a very high profile in the uk and most people under a certain age will have never heard of her, she was competing against people who are household names here and they got more votes than she did!