Options

Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a great win, but so hard to watch, like many of our matches this season.
    Yes, the second half was painful!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Chelsea lose so not a bad day results wise.
    Would be great if they miss out on a Champions League spot. :D

Good result for Spurs, mind. Probably key to your victory was scoring early, as if it remained stalemate in the second half, Swansea would probably have nicked a goal.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A much needed win for sure. Maybe the fact that the second half was how it was will give us a bit of impetus to get a run going again. It could certainly be one of those confidence building games after a run of defeats i suppose.
  • Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    I can think of several games that were harder to watch than this one. Swansea are bloody good on the ball, so you'd always expect them to pile on the pressure at home, but I thought we coped with it well, given the circumstances, and we also made a couple of openings ourselves on the breakaway

Everton next, and I'll be at that one.

I could really do with Arsenal dropping points at West Brom and/or QPR and at home against Everton and/or Man U
  • Options
    TheTrader78TheTrader78 Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great result!!

Chelsea losing is also an added bonus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A tough sequence of Premiership games ahead for us - Everton (H), Chelsea (A), City (H). If we can come out of those still in the top 4 then we stand a good chance of finishing there.
  • Options
    Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well happy enough we got the win but again our lack of collective intelligence was exposed. We got away with it again today, rode our luck massively and helped by Chelski losing.

My opinion is that we need replacements for our fullbacks, who make poor decisions, get caught out positionally and have poor passing. We need either a replacement for or someone to challenge Lennon. He played 90mins today and made just 7 passes, we carried him today. Parker for all his grit and effort is showing his age, some poor decision making today again cost us in vital areas. As to our strikers, well we all know we need some major improvements in that area.

Will we go all out for a win in the EL on Thursday, probably and it may cost us that top 4 place. Everton up next who are in good form but will be without Pienaar and Jelavic against us. WE NEED to win that one as I doubt we'll get anything from the Chelsea (despite their indifferent form - they simply have too many clever players for our defenders to cope with), likewise Man City. We then have 4 winnable games left but so much will depend on mental strength and I fear that it will prove too much for some of our players.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the three upcoming games are tough, but now is probably as good a time to play Everton with their suspensions, Chelsea with their insane fixture pile-up, and City who will have pretty much nothing to play for.

We should all hope for a Chelsea win on Monday, to keep them in the FA Cup for as long as possible, plus our game against them will then be postponed, giving us a breather. between now and the end of the season, I think I'm right in saying they'll have to play every single weekend and midweek in three different competitions. they still have to go to Man U, Liverpool and Fulham, and also play Everton and us at home. Their run-in is extremely tough.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good win, and two great goals. Back to 3rd - thanks Southampton!
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    the three upcoming games are tough, but now is probably as good a time to play Everton with their suspensions, Chelsea with their insane fixture pile-up, and City who will have pretty much nothing to play for.

We should all hope for a Chelsea win on Monday, to keep them in the FA Cup for as long as possible, plus our game against them will then be postponed, giving us a breather. between now and the end of the season, I think I'm right in saying they'll have to play every single weekend and midweek in three different competitions. they still have to go to Man U, Liverpool and Fulham, and also play Everton and us at home. Their run-in is extremely tough.

I was happy to cheer you on until that......:p

I think Chelsea have a ridiculous amount of games even if they did go out on Monday.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was happy to cheer you on until that......:p

I think Chelsea have a ridiculous amount of games even if they did go out on Monday.

For a top level side, their schedule is quite hectic, that much is for sure!
  • Options
    Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A relief to see us return to winning ways today, with Super Jan once again proving to be a colossus :cool:
    Pee wrote: »

I hope that Chelski suffer a gut wrenching defeat in a penalty shoot out tbh, that way they still are knackered out from having played 120mins plus don't get the psychological boost that a victory would provide!
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve AWOL wrote: »
    A relief to see us return to winning ways today, with Super Jan once again proving to be a colossus :cool:

I hope that Chelski suffer a gut wrenching defeat in a penalty shoot out tbh, that way they still are knackered out from having played 120mins plus don't get the psychological boost that a victory would provide!

Hey, I don't know about the 120 minutes and penalty shootout,we have City next.:eek::p
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

Hey, I don't know about the 120 minutes and penalty shootout,we have City next.:eek::p

I want a victory in 90 mins please!

City or not, I want it done and dusted then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    A tough sequence of Premiership games ahead for us - Everton (H), Chelsea (A), City (H). If we can come out of those still in the top 4 then we stand a good chance of finishing there.

I think if we can come out of those games with at least 6, possibly 7 points, I would say 2nd place would even be on. It's a lot to ask I accept, but as has been said, I think we're playing all of these teams at the right time to be able to hopefully take advantage.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^I have a good feeling about the City game.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Bale goal was a Dan Maskell 'I say!' moment! Jan's was pretty good, too!

I only saw Football First so who looked better, Defoe or Ade?
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »

Defoe for me. He had a good effort well saved towards the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Defoe for me. He had a good effort well saved towards the end.
    Thanks! He looked it on Football First but you can't always tell from that. Ade's near-sitter showed how much confidence he lacks right now.
  • Options
    Forum Member

neither IMO. they both had a shot saved and that was pretty much it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the rest of the season we're going to have to have one of the strikers playing. I doubt we'll have them both in the team together again on current form.

Defoe gets the nod for me, because I think he is more likely to score.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the rest of the season we're going to have to have one of the strikers playing. I doubt we'll have them both in the team together again on current form.

Defoe gets the nod for me, because I think he is more likely to score.

I'd agree with that, although sometimes his selfishness does prevent better scoring opportunities. I suppose it's a decent quality to have as a striker, but he also needs to learn to look up once in a while as i've seen more than a few games where he's taken the shot where there's been someone wide open in a better position.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd agree with that, although sometimes his selfishness does prevent better scoring opportunities. I suppose it's a decent quality to have as a striker, but he also needs to learn to look up once in a while as i've seen more than a few games where he's taken the shot where there's been someone wide open in a better position.

I think the manager must have spoken to him about this, because in recent games I think he has passed a little more.

He's also been unlucky not to have scored in the last two games, and he did get a couple for England.

I just dont see Ade doing anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather have Gervinho at the moment and I never thought I'd say that. (Don't make that come true, ever, however!).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather have Gervinho at the moment and I never thought I'd say that. (Don't make that come true, ever, however!).
    Wash your mouth out! :D
This discussion has been closed.