Music and how to best play it

Hi there, I have a Onkyo cinema system 3.1 which i have had mixed results playing music through it, I've jacked in the ipod and the cd player with mixed results. it's best when i use the DVD player, even better with my new BD player but some times there are sounds from a corner that sound not quite right, but almost happy with what I have at present the problem comes when the house is busy and it's awkward changing CD's in the DVD player, sorry 'cut storey short'
I can USB connect to player for music can I use an external drive and record music to it to play through the DVD player,
Sorry, I've had the drive for 2 yrs and aint got a clue what to do with it, could it be that simple!

Go easy!

Comments

• emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could put MP3 files on the hard drive, and something you have will likely play them back when you connect it via USB.

Some DVD players do, and a lot of Blu-ray players and TVs.
    It's possible you might have to format the external drive to FAT32 before it's recognized, but that will be in the manual for whatever you connect it to.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    FWIW, I also have an Onkyo Home Cinema Reciever, and play most of my music in this combination.

Onkyo wired to KEF surround sound speakers (5.1)
    WAP box into Devolo Home Plug
    iPad (with Onkyo controller app) talks to WAP
    WAP talks through Devolo to Linksys router in office.
    Linksys talks to WD NAS drive.

Sounds complex, but isn't really. The end result is that a vast collection of music can be streamed with no lag straight from my NAS drive to the Onkyo, controlled wirelessly by the iPad.

The end result is wonderful. :)