Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone wake me up when she's finished this latest amour fou.
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's Diary: "In which I meet the love of my life."

" So then I asked him. Did he know I was completely in love with him when I was 21, 22, 23? ‘I had an inkling.’"

Last week's Diary: "In which I meet the ponytailed love of my life"

"I kept wanting to ask him why he had spurned the 23-year-old me, but I couldn’t bear to, in case his answer was too cruel.

Did he realise I was in love with him?

‘When you gave me a duvet cover for my birthday, I did wonder,’ he said."

2005 meeting with this same guy:

'Did you know I loved you?' I asked him. 'No, I didn't have a clue,' he said.

......This is an insult to the name of money for old rope. Two consecutive weeks with the same title (give or take one single word) and almost identical content!

As for today's MoS column....breathtaking. If they'd publish that, what wouldn't they publish? Didn't the editor read through any of the above and think "Hang on Liz, you wrote this Diary last week" or ,"Hang on Liz, this MoS column is staggeringly offensive and inappropriate?!"
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cathrin wrote: »
    "Hang on Liz, this MoS column is staggeringly offensive and inappropriate?! Well done old girl!"

This would be my take on the editor's opinion assuming they do edit her stuff and I don't believe they do.
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double post, don't know why.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    :eek:
    sunstone wrote: »
    Long hair and piggy eyes, "rock star", OMG :eek:

Got to be honest a ginger hired springer sprang to mind then:eek:
  • sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cathrin wrote: »
    Today's Diary: "In which I meet the love of my life."

" So then I asked him. Did he know I was completely in love with him when I was 21, 22, 23? ‘I had an inkling.’"

Last week's Diary: "In which I meet the ponytailed love of my life"

"I kept wanting to ask him why he had spurned the 23-year-old me, but I couldn’t bear to, in case his answer was too cruel.

Did he realise I was in love with him?

‘When you gave me a duvet cover for my birthday, I did wonder,’ he said."

2005 meeting with this same guy:

'Did you know I loved you?' I asked him. 'No, I didn't have a clue,' he said.

......This is an insult to the name of money for old rope. Two consecutive weeks with the same title (give or take one single word) and almost identical content!

As for today's MoS column....breathtaking. If they'd publish that, what wouldn't they publish? Didn't the editor read through any of the above and think "Hang on Liz, you wrote this Diary last week" or ,"Hang on Liz, this MoS column is staggeringly offensive and inappropriate?!"

Does she get repetitive strain injury from all this rehashing?

The column is awful. I don't know what to say without getting banned.
    Maybe it's time for Nirpal to bite back, or is he best to keep quiet? Not sure on that one.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Does she get repetitive strain injury from all this rehashing?

The column is awful. I don't know what to say without getting banned.
    Maybe it's time for Nirpal to bite back, or is he best to keep quiet? Not sure on that one.

I don't know why he keeps quiet and I don't know how her family keep quiet especially sister Sue who has been blamed for just about everything that's wrong in her life!
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why Nirps and her much maligned family keep quiet despite the weekly pot-shots Liz takes at them unless there is a financial incentive. I wonder how David Scrace is dealing with the sudden attention he must be getting as the subject of Liz's deranged obsession, curious strangers checking out his Facebook page and his appearance raising such bemusement. It was strange how quickly Liz publicly named him (at the book meet and greet) and naming his business. Two back-to-back Diaries. If you were geniune about a new relationship you would not want that person to become a figure of public ridicule, she stated that she didn't name the RS (apart from the fact he doesn't exist) because she wanted it to be private. Obviously this 'relationship' is all about their respective careers.
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why he keeps quiet...
    Seabird wrote: »
    I don't know why Nirps and her much maligned family keep quiet despite the weekly pot-shots Liz takes at them unless there is a financial incentive.

She has the photos :D
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    I don't know why Nirps and her much maligned family keep quiet despite the weekly pot-shots Liz takes at them unless there is a financial incentive. I wonder how David Scrace is dealing with the sudden attention he must be getting as the subject of Liz's deranged obsession, curious strangers checking out his Facebook page and his appearance raising such bemusement. It was strange how quickly Liz publicly named him (at the book meet and greet) and naming his business. Two back-to-back Diaries. If you were geniune about a new relationship you would not want that person to become a figure of public ridicule, she stated that she didn't name the RS (apart from the fact he doesn't exist) because she wanted it to be private. Obviously this 'relationship' is all about their respective careers.

Perhaps she was just thrilled that he actually exists :D
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps she was just thrilled that he actually exists :D

He's a real boy!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz seems awfully popular with men, all of a sudden, for a woman who previously had had approx. one and a half boyfriends in her entire life. Thank goodness they are now rolling up like overdue buses, or she'd have to resort to fiction. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who hasn't read her latest 'diary' should not do so with a full stomach. The business arangement has been consumated, he thinks she has the body of a sixteen-year old and of course she has completely forgotten about the rock star, almost as if he had never existed. Whilst this bloke is real, the bizarre rush into spilling every cringing intimate detail so soon, even at the book signing, just doesn't add up. With the time-lapse for the Diary and 'real events' the RS, if he were real, would have known a couple of weeks ago. Will he go and confront Liz's Master Baker as he makes his glutten-free baguette rise? Still, Liz's fans are swooning along with her. As Johnny Rotten once said, "Ever felt you've been had?".
  • nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/wagfree
    The discussion mentioned in the Diary was started by Daisy Morgan and it's on the right hand of the page "recent posts by others."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    He's a real boy!! :D

Haha :D, I thought it was LJ that was Pinocchio.

Really, Mrs won't take her top off and hates any sexual contact forgot the thigh stroking and goes on to snog in public. Not only that but with a chain smoker.
    The night of the teenage body is followed by eggs for breakfast for the vegan.:rolleyes:

IMO also it is purely for business,no nookie here folks.
  • newbabynewbaby Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The RS fandango was an addendum to Grimms Fairy Tales. This latest Love Story is just grim, pure and simple. IF there's a scintilla of truth, of course.

And I do find it extraordinary - or even more extraordinary in the writing of extraordinarily extraordinary - that a fashion writer spews out column inches about show/s at which they'not been present (for which read "excluded" - or "banned"), relying upon a video link and a photolibrary. Most, most odd.
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A quick question: Would anyone here be happy to receive those two "compliments" Liz related so proudly? Surely most fiftysomething women would be seriously creeped out if a man told them "You have the body of a teenager?" And I'm guessing most grown women would be appalled by a man saying "You might just be the perfect woman..." [puts hand over her mouth] "...Until you start to talk." It speaks volumes about Liz's attitude that she proudly recounts these two "compliments" and seems pleased with them!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are right Cathrin, she is doing him no favours by repeating such creepy words, most normal women would be repulsed. He's a lot older than her so well into his sixties, urgh. I think she has fantasised and thought about this man for so long that she doesn't actually realise that he is now old, puny and wizzened with grey rats-tailed hair and stinking of nicotine. In her arrested teenage mind he is the Heathcliffe-like object of desire that she obsessed over all those decades ago. I know love is blind but what about all her other senses?
  • pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if she will ever make reference to the fake rock star again..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinkwafer wrote: »
    I wonder if she will ever make reference to the fake rock star again..

Oh yes, she will probably kill him off, he will no doubt in a heartbroken stupor overdose on deep fried mars bars when he finds out about his ponytailed love-rival. Strangely his passing will warrant no mention in any other news outlet but the Liz Jones Diary ;)
  • BellaFigaBellaFiga Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps Dave Disgrace and the Rock Star will have fisticuffs over her. Like in Bridget Jones!
  • newbabynewbaby Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's diary: something extra-odd about a magic jersey...cashmere, name-check, price. The rest of it is beyond comment.
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I notice this week the Cupboard seems to have morphed into a penthouse flat complete with 'huge columns'.

Is this a veiled reference to Mr Scrace's 'huge column'? :eek:
    It's all getting very Freudian, and for a woman who was last thigh-touched by him and was ''frozen with fear'', she's dropped 'em super-quick this time round.

I'm quite put off my Sunday roast.......:p ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has definately been given an ultimatum by the MoS to make things less morbid. Normally the diary themes are predictably rotated each week: sick animals, horrible family, RS, borderline-anorexia. To my knowledge this is the first time that one subject has been carried on for several weeks, her new 'boyfriend' is indeed a real person and they are alledgedly behaving and indeed looking like the creepy hairy couple from the 'Joy of Sex' in the 1970s. Definately an unholy business alliance but surely no one wants to read that on a Sunday morning. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has definately been given an ultimatum by the MoS to make things less morbid. Normally the diary themes are predictably rotated each week: sick animals, horrible family, RS, borderline-anorexia. To my knowledge this is the first time that one subject has been carried on for several weeks, her new 'boyfriend' is indeed a real person and they are alledgedly behaving and indeed looking like the creepy hairy couple from the 'Joy of Sex' in the 1970s. Definately an unholy business alliance but surely no one wants to read that on a Sunday morning. :eek:

Thanks for the reminder of THAT book. scarred us for life as teens.:eek:.I really hope none of the scenarios that are burned into my brain get revived...especially the long hair one *vomit*

It totally is a business deal, as if she would be indulging on the hideous cerise sofas.:p