Options

Girl dumps Jeremy Forrest for boy her own age

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    It would have been interesting to see the reaction if the genders had been reversed. I doubt very much that the teacher would have been demonised as an "evil paedo".

I imagine the words "lucky boy" would have come up quite frequently, especially if the female teacher had been remotely attractive :D
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes people fall out of love with others — it's just the way things are. I do think it's a bit quick though. I'm thinking there could have been some influence by people that tried to convince her that she'd be better off with someone her own age. It could also be that she was sick of being criticised for waiting for him and because of this, she decided to be with someone that appealed to her. Schoolkids can be put under pressure to finish with someone they're with. Could be anything.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine the words "lucky boy" would have come up quite frequently, especially if the female teacher had been remotely attractive :D

Oh almost certainly. There was a case in the states a few years back where a female teacher was actually jailed for a sexual relationship with a 13 year old boy.

This is her ..

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/08/12/pamelarogersturner_narrowweb__200x364.jpg

So you can imagine the kind of comments the boy got online ..
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Oh almost certainly. There was a case in the states a few years back where a female teacher was actually jailed for a sexual relationship with a 13 year old boy.

This is her ..

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/08/12/pamelarogersturner_narrowweb__200x364.jpg

"Winner!" would be mine
  • Options
    JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol

How emasculating for a man in his 30s to be dumped in favour of a 16 year old boy.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Justicar wrote: »
    lol

How emasculating for a man in his 30s to be dumped in favour of a 16 year old boy.

There's a glib response to that, in his favour, but I fear that to do so would cause howls of fury that would see me ejected forthwith. :D
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    "Winner!" would be mine

Heh :)

Reading some more on the case, she only initially got 9 months, despite statutory rape being an automatic charge for sex with a minor in the states. she ended up serving seven years because she breached her probation by maintaining contact with the boy who subsequently turned her in!
  • Options
    MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Sometimes people fall out of love with others — it's just the way things are. I do think it's a bit quick though. I'm thinking there could have been some influence by people that tried to convince her that she'd be better off with someone her own age. It could also be that she was sick of being criticised for waiting for him and because of this, she decided to be with someone that appealed to her. Schoolkids can be put under pressure to finish with someone they're with. Could be anything.

It's not that quick really when you consider that she hasn't been allowed to see, speak to or even write to him in over a year.

I'd guess that had she been allowed to visit him, or he had been released by now, they'd probably still be together - seeing as she's apparently not looked for anyone else in the past 14 months despite having no relationship with JF in all that time.

That said, I don't think the relationship would have lasted long ..... not once the excitement of it all being illegal had gone.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

This is her ..

I agree that the double standards are wrong and a female teacher going after a under-age male student is just as bad and she is just as much as a pedo as a male teacher is and should serve just as much time in prison
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that the double standards are wrong and a female teacher going after a under-age male student is just as bad and she is just as much as a pedo as a male teacher is and should serve just as much time in prison

If you mean "paedophile", please look up the meaning of the word. I am so tired of seeing this word misused.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Well, that was obviously going to happen.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I also think the fact her parents stood by her and said they would stand by her decison to keep seeing him is a factor as well, if her parents had fought against it then she may not have come to this decsion as soon as she has. I think that whilst it must have been hard for them the parents have played this one well.

The mother was completely estranged from her daughter, since she was returned from France.

She has only been allowed back into the family home, since the Jeremy Forrest breakup.....
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    No, you can't have it both ways. If she was "groomed" and "abducted" then all her actions were the result of his "influence" and she can't be held responsible for anything. If she had the free will to decide not to go to France then she wasn't groomed or abducted in the first place. Take your pick, but stop mixing and matching.
    I just think she could and should have left a note for her mother or made contact in some other way to at least give her some reassurance that she hadn't been snatched off the street, instead of disappearing off the face of the earth. His influence shoudn't have stopped her from doing that but if it did, she's off the hook and he's even more culpable (on the 'abduction' side of things).
    Then again, I'm not sure why I'm bothering to try and engage in a logical discussion with someone who described her as Frankenstein's monster, so I think I'll give up now...

I didn't. It's an analogy in response to someone else's post, and she isn't the target of the analogy.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you mean "paedophile", please look up the meaning of the word. I am so tired of seeing this word misused.
    Blame the red top rag mags for that which feed the 'not so bright' on a daily basis about 'stranger danger'. A man standing on a street corner on his own just has to be one of those 'paedo's'!
    Or what they will call a 'peado'! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The girl is acting her age JF isn't!

No surprise here!
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I would love the irony of her teen b/f getting her pregnant.

It would sure confuse the media - innocent grooming victim or one of those dreadful teen mums?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    I just think she could and should have left a note for her mother or made contact in some other way to at least give her some reassurance that she hadn't been snatched off the street, instead of disappearing off the face of the earth.

You mean "Dear Mum, I'm running away with my maths teacher, don't worry I'll be fine" :rolleyes:

Don't be daft, her mother would have called the police straight away and they would have been caught within the hour. Besides, her mother knew exactly what had happened. She disappeared the day after the police took her phone and questioned her about the relationship, it's not like it came out of the blue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    Hope this gives his ex wife a laugh, she needs it poor thing. And also JF if you are reading this HAHAHAHAHAHA :D
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope this gives his ex wife a laugh, she needs it poor thing. And also JF if you are reading this HAHAHAHAHAHA :D

It seems unlikely, to be fair.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    You mean "Dear Mum, I'm running away with my maths teacher, don't worry I'll be fine" :rolleyes:

Don't be daft, her mother would have called the police straight away and they would have been caught within the hour. Besides, her mother knew exactly what had happened. She disappeared the day after the police took her phone and questioned her about the relationship, it's not like it came out of the blue.

Well she wouldn't exactly have left it pinned to her bedroom door! :rolleyes: Didn't need to say anything except that she wanted to do it and why, and would be safe and [hopefully would add] that they would be in touch again soon. Some runaways do bother to do this, you know.

Her mother wouldn't even have looked for a note until the next day when she was reported not to have turned up at school, it wouldn't have made any difference to their getaway and the girl would have known that. She could have posted the damned thing home from the local postbox on her way out, come to that!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    It seems unlikely, to be fair.

They can go online in prison. If they can't I've been lied to.
  • Options
    JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is her ..

Nice (as all the men in that South Park episode would say)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't sympathise with him at all.
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoodenCat wrote: »
    Why are you shocked? She was a child at the time her teacher took advantage of her immaturity and inexperience. And now she has started to grow up and is no longer under his influence.

Good for her. I hope she goes on to have a happy, healthy well adjusted adulthood, without being judged for a childish, inappropriate and questionable mistake she made at a very young age. Under the influence of an obviously unstable adult.

This.

Well shut of him.
  • Options
    Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    perhaps she wanted someone she had more in common with & its nothing to do with age, just a thought