Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    rionia wrote: »
    :confused:

You must have met him when he was tired. I've met him a few times at various events and 'reserved' isn't a word I'd use to describe him. He is nice bloke though
    Ha ha well he was in a bookstore, but always friendly and approachable and always willing to stop for photographs and autographs. I'd love to party with him!
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »
    I was on the same plane as him flying either from or to Spain (I can't remember, such a long time ago!) with my family. The plane had to sit on the runway in Spain for a long time as there was some sort of delay. Obviously the plane got really, really hot and stuffy. My grandad, who had suffered a stroke two years earlier, was starting to feel really poorly and burning up. We asked the flight attendant if he could perhaps stand by the door (which was open) just to get some air. The attendant said no as it wasn't safe. She was absolutely lovely about it and got him some ice etc but just couldn't let him stand near the door. He understood and didn't cause a problem, but was starting to go a funny colour so they asked for a first aider to look at him. He was fine and just needed to cool down.

Alan (who was sat next to me - he smelt like bleach) was tutting every time my grandad said something about being hot or feeling poorly (he wasn't the only one moaning but Alan only tutted when my grandad spoke).

When my grandad actually asked if he could sit by the door and the attendant said no, Alan grabbed her arm and said "Can I stand by the door?" The attendant said "No, nobody can - it's not safe." He then smiled and ACTUALLY SAID "Do you know who I am? I think you'll want to stand me by the door." The attendant frowned and said "It doesn't matter who you are, sir, you're not standing by the door."

Alan swore under his breath and then turned away. He then muttered something to his friend about having to put up with everyone on the plane and he should have taken his own plane. WAKE UP TITCHMARSH, YOU WERE FLYING ECONOMY SO GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!

Then in the airport, he was walking around like he was David Beckham. No one approached him and he looked annoyed. He kept looking at people, hoping that would snare a few autograph hunters. It was absolutely laughable at how desperate he looked.

It doesn't sound like much of a story, but he was such a slime ball. He makes my skin crawl and whenever I see him on the telly, I want to vom.

Not surprised. Never thought he was likeable on TV. Also a very odd looking man.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Surprised about the Geof Cape comments, I met him decades ago when he was at the height of his fame and found him to be a genial sort of chap. Alse met both the "Likely lads" when they were filming in my home town but Rodney Bewes would'nt sign any autographs. Have also met several of the Dr Who's over the years and they were smashing chaps, all of them. To be honest I have never met a celebrity who wasn't nice and patient and that includes Dennis Waterman, Robert Powell, Rolf (yes that Rolf) Danny la Rue, Frank Finlay, David Essex Alan Shearer, John Barnes, Jackie Milburn, and theres more but that would get boring./
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    As for Alan Titchmarsh....he is well known for being an arse. Everyone he works with hates him...look closely at the series presently on TV....his colleagues HATE him!

Thought he sounded a bit down beat on Classic FM this morning. Maybe he's been reading DS!! :p
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Sean Bean & he was lovely. Also very nice was Jonathan Knight from New Kids On The Block (his colleagues weren't as nice as him). Neil Morrissey was a pratt. Andy Gray was friendly.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just want to add another "Colin Baker is lovely" comment. Met him as The Doctor at some store opening in the Mid Eighties and he was absolutely charming. Great bloke.

I am shocked and disappointed to hear that Alan Titchmarsh has come across as a massive ar*e to a number of people. Would never have guessed in a million years. Brilliant presenter, gardener, novelist. So sincere and not at all fawning and irritating. A veritable polymath.

Sorry. Lowest form of wit. :p
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember, many years ago, my Mum bought me one of Titchmarsh's gardening books for Christmas (don't judge me - I'd just moved into a new house and needed to do he garden up!). Anyway, the book had more photos of him in it than actual plants and gardens. It made me realise what a vain prat he is. The book went to a charity shop and I've never liked him since!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie C of the spice girls ( sporty the one who can sing ) she's nice

Russel Howard is nice
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    I remember, many years ago, my Mum bought me one of Titchmarsh's gardening books for Christmas (don't judge me - I'd just moved into a new house and needed to do he garden up!). Anyway, the book had more photos of him in it than actual plants and gardens. It made me realise what a vain prat he is. The book went to a charity shop and I've never liked him since!

:D:D:D

I just wanted to say that Linda Barker's catalogues are the same. All done in a lovely 'soft focus' lens, sort of way. Now I have to say that I have never met her, and she could well be a lovely woman, but she comes as a very conceited person to me.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Not surprised. Never thought he was likeable on TV. Also a very odd looking man.

Yet, he's been voted quite high on sexiest man lists with his bug-eyes and vile teeth! :confused: Maybe it's his personality? :confused:

I've never met him but have found Titchmarsh odious on his TV chat show. At times, he's so damned sexist.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I had the great pleasure of meeting Liza Minnelli many moons ago. I was shaking like a leaf and told her that her "Liza with a Z" show literally saved my life and pulled me out of a deep depression.

She gave me a hug and said "I'm glad you're still here"

I'll never forget that moment as long as I live
  • evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hatpeg wrote: »
    A friends son had to deliver a new car to Rod Stewarts house in Epping, and when he arrived, along with a colleague, Rod welcomed them and said "come in lads, fancy a bacon sarnie?"
    They went into his kitchen, and after sorting out the paperwork for the car, had a bacon sarnie. and a cup of tea with Rod, who stayed and chatted to them for sometime.
    He was really down to earth, and made them feel welcome.

Can believe this. Rod is known to be very, very generous with his time. I used to live near him in Epping and would often see him at the bar in the local pub chatting away to everyone. I've never heard a bad thing about him and he has stayed very loyal to Epping.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    I've been lucky enough to have met a few celebrities in my time:

Kylie Minogue - she visited our office where I made her a cup of tea
    Rory Bremner - brought his children and ponies to a horse show where I was judging
    Stuart Pearce - also brought his children and ponies to a show
    Jockeys - Jim Culloty, Tony McCoy, Mick FitzGerald, Carl Llewellyn, Ruby Walsh, Eddie Aherne, all were regulars at my local pub which was run by Luke Harvey
    Richard Pitman - a local resident
    Samantha Cameron - I used to assist in giving riding lessons to her and her younger sister
    Jenny Pitman - a good friend and co-judge at horse shows
    Henrietta Knight - trainer of Best Mate, 3 times Cheltenham Gold Cup winner, lives in next village

All are really lovely, down to earth people, especially Kylie who asked for 'builder's tea'!!
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm not sure how "celeb" they are but...

Julian Clary, well it would be eight years ago now when i was 25 and i met him in a nightclub. My friends "dared" me to speak to him (gay club in Brighton where i lived) so i did. I basically told him my life story, he was very kind listening to me prattle on for about 30 minutes... he only left when one of his friends said it was time to go... i cringe about it now and it is often used as an embarrassing story between me and my friends (me being the idiot, not Julian).

Faye Tozer of Steps fame, met her through a friend of a friend and we went out on a night out together. She was lovely, full of good advice to me at the time (i was going through a break up). She wasn't at all showbizzy... in fact i was pre warned not to mention steps before i met her and the first thing i said was "OMG Faye from Steps.... we used to really like you back in the day" she didn't bat an eye and was fine.... (this would have been about 2006 ish)
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Hmm not sure how "celeb" they are but...

Julian Clary, well it would be eight years ago now when i was 25 and i met him in a nightclub. My friends "dared" me to speak to him (gay club in Brighton where i lived) so i did. I basically told him my life story, he was very kind listening to me prattle on for about 30 minutes... he only left when one of his friends said it was time to go... i cringe about it now and it is often used as an embarrassing story between me and my friends (me being the idiot, not Julian).

Faye Tozer of Steps fame, met her through a friend of a friend and we went out on a night out together. She was lovely, full of good advice to me at the time (i was going through a break up). She wasn't at all showbizzy... in fact i was pre warned not to mention steps before i met her and the first thing i said was "OMG Faye from Steps.... we used to really like you back in the day" she didn't bat an eye and was fine.... (this would have been about 2006 ish)

This thing about not mentioning Steps to Faye Tozer.

Hello, this is the thing we know you best for dear!
  • dumpty2dumpty2 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Black and Titchmarsh - A match made in heaven (or hell)
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    This thing about not mentioning Steps to Faye Tozer.

Hello, this is the thing we know you best for dear!

I think it was more because my friends worried i would go on and on and on and on and on about it. I don't think it came from Faye herself.
  • Miss ListerMiss Lister Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    I had the great pleasure of meeting Liza Minnelli many moons ago. I was shaking like a leaf and told her that her "Liza with a Z" show literally saved my life and pulled me out of a deep depression.

She gave me a hug and said "I'm glad you're still here"

I'll never forget that moment as long as I live

Aww what a lovely story. I love Liza and I'm so happy to hear she sounds like a lovely person.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dumpty2 wrote: »
    Black and Titchmarsh - A match made in heaven (or hell)

Add Lulu to that for a truly terrible threesome? :D
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    daisydee wrote: »
    Reminds me of the time when I was in the presence of one of the nicest in show biz and one of the frostiest.

As I have said earlier on this thread, Gene Pitney was the nicest guy imaginable. Warm, friendly and grounded. On one occasion, after a show, we were in the lounge of the hotel where Gene was staying along with others on the tour - Billy J Kramer, Mike Hirst (of the Springfields) Cilla Black and others that I can't recall right now. Gene, Mike, myself & 2 friends were sitting together when Cilla arrived, Gene called for her to come & sit with us, but she sat on the other side of the lounge, and as each entertainer arrived, she called them over to sit with her. They looked at Gene's group on one side & Cilla's on the other, not knowing who to sit with - but Cilla insisted that everyone sat with her.
    The roady said that she had to be the centre of attention and did not like the 'competition' from me and my friend. :rolleyes:Their nickname for her was 'Chilla'. :D
    What a bint! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    soapdiva wrote: »
    I meet so many celebs in my line of work, and here is my opinions.
    Nice
    Jeremy Beadle was lovely
    Simon Cowell is gorgeous
    Sue Johnston is so down to earth she could be your auntie
    Paul O'Grady is great too.
    Dale Winton is lovely too.

Horrible
    Barbara Windsor is dreadful
    Cilla Black is even worse
    Davina McCall - need I say more
    Jordan
    Agree about Ronnie O'Sullivan too - he's nasty and rude.

There's that name again Cilla Black, I've never met her but so many people say how rude she is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    A few years ago when I was a naive 11 year old I went to a convention with Nicola Bryant and Colin Baker in attendance. I'd nicked my Dad's big expensive DSLR camera and was loudly taking photos (it was a very loud camera) right up next to the stage annoying everyone else in attendance. Nicola Bryant politely commented it was like a dentist's drill eliciting roars of laughter from everyone and leaving me blushing and embarrassed. After the talk came the signing. Nicola and Colin couldn't be more lovely, laughing and joking about it, remembering my name and happily signing and having photographs taken with me. As I was leaving, still very embarrassed by my actions, I got a tap on the shoulder from the convention organiser. Nicola and Colin had pointed me out as their favourite guest and had both signed an extra thing for me for free (it was a limit of one thing signed for about a tenner each.) It was an absolutely lovely gesture and only serves to credit what a kind man Colin Baker is (not forgetting Nicola Bryant too.) Years later I still look back and cringe but they dealt with me in an absolutely admirable way I won't forget.
  • chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angela Rippon quite often gets on my train when travelling about. Always found her very pleasant and friendly and very glamorous in real life.
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    It was an absolutely lovely gesture and only serves to credit what a kind man Colin Baker is (not forgetting Nicola Bryant too.) Years later I still look back and cringe but they dealt with me in an absolutely admirable way I won't forget.

I think we should have a Colin Baker appreciation thread. :D
  • catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Met loads of people at this years Edinburgh festival..

Al Murray
    Harry Shearer
    John Lloyd
    Steve Pemberton
    Arthur Smith
    Anneka Rice
    Simon Callow
    Omid Djalili

All of them were really nice and friendly:)