Alex Polizzi-The Fixer BBC2

Comments

• ICanBeBotheredICanBeBothered Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I've always wondered: what is it with Alex and the 'Evening Ball at the Ambassador's Residence' earrings?:confused:
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    on the fallout from one of the businesses Alex re-vamped?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2791608/boss-knifed-partner-death-bbc-reality-business-makeover-profoundly-affected-him.html

It's a wonder that these programmes do not end in tragedy more often: family tempers and long-standing disagreements superficially patched up in order to leave the viewer feeling that they all 'lived happily ever after' cannot be easy to forget just like that. Ditto with Gordon Ramsey. Russell Norman had a less strident 'touch' with people.

I remember both the furniture store programme and the funeral director's one. But I didn't tie the two businesses together as being run by the same people - maybe I was just being thick.... However, I don't think it appropriate for such a programme to "make over" two businesses owned by the same people (or friends/relatives etc.) It smacks of some sort of, er, "irregularity".
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alex is back :)
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening mrb :)
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member
    Seems they've got a new sign

https://goo.gl/maps/ol0Yf

I've been to Torquay, normally go once a year on average. Never even knew there was a tea rooms up that road.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newda898 wrote: »
    Seems they've got a new sign

https://goo.gl/maps/ol0Yf

I've been to Torquay, normally go once a year on average. Never even knew there was a tea rooms up that road.

and almost completely obscured by the large sunshades! Blackboards look messy as well.
  • extraextraextraextra Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Please don't shoot me, but we can see where the profits (if any) are going !
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Oh dear it's like bleedin Jeremy kyle
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Oh dear I think the daughter should get a job elsewhere. Disrespecting her mother 😳
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,936
    Forum Member
    The daughter is so annoying wailing and complaining. I said that, I said that, nobody listens to me, I said put cream in the Victoria sponge, mum doesn't put cream in the Victoria sponge, mum doesn't listen to me, it's like this with mum all the time, wah wah wah!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Packet scone mix??? I give up. Scones only have a few ingredients! What else do they use packet mixes for?
    Forum Member
    strewth wrote: »
    Oh dear I think the daughter should get a job elsewhere. Disrespecting her mother 😳
    I only just switchef over and thought they were sisters.
    Omg packet scone mix!
    Forum Member
    Packet scone mix??? I give up. Scones only have a few ingredients! What else do they use packet mixes for?

I was just going to say this! Scones are easy. Blimey!
  • BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    I can't stop looking at Alex's leg they are so thin, they never used to be that thin:o
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was that road just shown the one outside of "The Hotel" from C4? Looked familiar.
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dirty bitch, kneading scones with her rings on
  • thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At what point is Alex going to give us blokes a boob shot.....somebody had to say it. :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The daughter is so annoying wailing and complaining. I said that, I said that, nobody listens to me, I said put cream in the Victoria sponge, mum doesn't put cream in the Victoria sponge, mum doesn't listen to me, it's like this with mum all the time, wah wah wah!

It's quite common with the businesses Alex visits with a family setup. The parents are a bit stuck in their ways and pay the bills so are a bit scared to change. The younger family member sees things with different eyes and has a bit more energy and is willing to change things. But the parents don't want to change so they don't take any of it on board. Daughter gets more and more frustrated. Then Alex shows up and says the same things. It's perhaps understandable she gets a bit worked up over that.

Although Alex does seem to have felt the dummy was spat on this occasion. Usually she uses that sort of outburst to her advantage in forming an ally.
    Forum Member
    It's quite common with the businesses Alex visits with a family setup. The parents are a bit stuck in their ways and pay the bills so are a bit scared to change. The younger family member sees things with different eyes and has a bit more energy and is willing to change things. But the parents don't want to change so they don't take any of it on board. Daughter gets more and more frustrated. Then Alex shows up and says the same things. It's perhaps understandable she gets a bit worked up over that.

Although Alex does seem to have felt the dummy was spat on this occasion. Usually she uses that sort of outburst to her advantage in forming an ally.

Yes I understand that, it's just the way she was whining and kept saying 'I said that' got on my nerves a bit :D She was like a stroppy teenager.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member

What happens when those complaints are legitimate, should she just shut up then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I understand that, it's just the way she was whining and kept saying 'I said that' got on my nerves a bit :D She was like a stroppy teenager.

Yeah she could have expressed herself a bit better. :)
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member
    Oh tears again, producers love tears.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gawd....the father is worse than the daughter
    Forum Member
    Aw Ray
    Forum Member
    What happens when those complaints are legitimate, should she just shut up then?

Did I say that? She's an adult, she shouldn't be having tantrums and stamping her feet like a child who can't get their own way.