Options

Soap and Glory better than half price offer - quick

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live right by a boots this year, so it was rude not to, especially as I missed last year AND the year before!
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting them to run out quickly, but I strolled into Boots today at 14:30pm and they had loads of them. I picked up two.
  • Options
    Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got mine today! I remembered mid way through watching University presentations but I didn't think there would be any left at 2pm but Birmingham had loads. They had obviously sold a lot too though so I don't think they will last much longer.
    I love the stuff, I have loads for Christmas but couldn't resist the big bag.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went into Boots at 5pm to get another one for my sister and they were sold out.
    Apparently it's probably Wednesday for the No7 deal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aly1 wrote: »
    I went into Boots at 5pm to get another one for my sister and they were sold out.
    Apparently it's probably Wednesday for the No7 deal.

What's the No7 deal? I've never taken any notice before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna38 wrote: »
    What's the No7 deal? I've never taken any notice before.

Last year it was full size protect and perfect day and night moisturisers, full size eye make up remover, bottle of intense moisture mask, eye serum, eyeshadows, mascara, lip gloss as far as I can remember. They were all full size and as I use their moisturiser anyway I really got my money's worth.
  • Options
    MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The No 7 deal is the £60 gift set down to £30.

Got a reminder from a friend about the Soap and Glory sets, ordered 3 online, expecting them to sell out. Waiting for a confirmation email...go into Boots for my final few presents after work and find that they've got stacks and stacks of them in. Call Mumsie, the Boots in town also had stacks of them in. Looks like people haven't been buying this year!
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been into my local Boots and they're piled up to the ceiling. They sold out in a day last year so wonder if they've overstocked and no one is buying?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sold out online now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aly1 wrote: »
    Last year it was full size protect and perfect day and night moisturisers, full size eye make up remover, bottle of intense moisture mask, eye serum, eyeshadows, mascara, lip gloss as far as I can remember. They were all full size and as I use their moisturiser anyway I really got my money's worth.

Oh sounds good. I'll have to have a look, thank you. (:

My mom tried some of my S&G stuff a while back and loved it so I ended up getting her a big set today. There were still stacks left in Walsall too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarzBar85 wrote: »
    The No 7 deal is the £60 gift set down to £30.!

that's great, I'll get my money's worth just on the day cream and mascara that I buy anyway.
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Radiance26 wrote: »
    I've heard the make up is meant to be good though? anyone tried it?

My face does not get on with their skincare range - I bought a face wash, scrub, cleanser and moisturiser but it really made my acne flare up. I tried to persevere with it, thinking it was just the change in regime, but it didn't get any better. It is far too perfumed for my sensitive skin.

As for their cosmetics, the "Kick Ass" concealer is good but unfortunately, made my skin react in the same way. The original "Thick & Fast" mascara is good though but only available in black. I've not tried the collagen coat version. The "Sexy Mother Puckers" are good too.

:)
  • Options
    pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got mine in west ealing yesterday. They had a fair few left. I thought I would remain disappointed after I saw they sold out online by the time I got home from work on fri. I think they just stocked up all the boots...even the small one in greenford, that never had it before the offer, have them in stock.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My face does not get on with their skincare range - I bought a face wash, scrub, cleanser and moisturiser but it really made my acne flare up. I tried to persevere with it, thinking it was just the change in regime, but it didn't get any better. It is far too perfumed for my sensitive skin.

As for their cosmetics, the "Kick Ass" concealer is good but unfortunately, made my skin react in the same way. The original "Thick & Fast" mascara is good though but only available in black. I've not tried the collagen coat version. The "Sexy Mother Puckers" are good too.

:)

Thanks I've always wanted to try the Concealer but never had the money to spend out on it, heard so many mixed reviews, I got horrible black bags under my eyes so use it daily, I cant justify changing what I use now to try something that might not work.
  • Options
    labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went into my local Boots today and there were 2 piles of the sets which looked as though they had hardly been touched. Very different from previous years, I guess people are not spending much this year or they seriously over-estimated demand.
  • Options
    pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could it be people haven't realised they're well stocked up because they were so hard to get hold of last time? I didn't want to bother because I thought it wouldn't be there but my mum made me look. I told my friend and some people at work and they were surprised and were going to make a beeline for boots to get it.
  • Options
    bigsisbigsis Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live on the Wirral and all is sold out here much to my dismay ...
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if we'll get something similar this year? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night I got a bit tipsy and mistook Mrs Denizen's tube of ScrubAtomic for toothpaste when I got home. I can confirm that it didn't taste at all nice.
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    I remember that offer last year- my friend got one with her Boots card points:)
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I hope they do the same offer sometime soon. It's been very popular in the past.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    Anyone know if we'll get something similar this year? :)

13th of December apparently :)
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay! :)
  • Options
    gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    excellent I've been waiting for this :)