Options

The Walking Dead S3 FXUK

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So they manage to shoot Axle in the head from outside the prison but can't hit anyone else?

Would have been a bit more realistic if someone got shot in the arm or something.
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    Would have been a bit more realistic if someone got shot in the arm or something.

Realistic? It's about a zombie apocalypse. How realistic do you want it to be?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »

Just because this is set during a zombie apocalypse doesn't mean it can away with doing anything they, the laws of physics still apply.

I will have to watch it again but I am sure after Axel was shot the camera went to the governor looking down his sight, implying he shot him.

I just find it funny that can shoot Axel in temple from what 200 yards away and not hit Rick from a few yards away. But like someone else said he had time to aim with Axel but not the others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because this is set during a zombie apocalypse doesn't mean it can away with doing anything they, the laws of physics still apply.

I will have to watch it again but I am sure after Axel was shot the camera went to the governor looking down his sight, implying he shot him.

I just find it funny that can shoot Axel in temple from what 200 yards away and not hit Rick from a few yards away. But like someone else said he had time to aim with Axel but not the others.

Well yeah, it kind of does. It's not a documentary, there are no laws to say it has to be accurate! :confused:
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I thought the governor shot Axle with a pistol, as it didn't seem to have a scope yet in the next scene he has a machine gun with a scope. Unless I am just seeing things or it was continuity error.
    I rewatched it. The framing is deceptive. The camera is so close to the Governor and his weapon, all you can see of it is the telescopic sight. That looks a bit like a gun barrel, albeit rather a wide one.

Also on rewatching, it seemed to me that the Governor didn't know what was going on with the van until it crashes through the gates. Before that he seems surprised and perhaps amused but in a fatalistic way. He doesn't properly smile or seem pleased until it commits itself.

Some people think it was Andrea in the van. I think it's unlikely, but it would make sense of his reaction. Certainly the driver was a woman, and the armour hid her identity, so I think we're supposed to wonder if it was Andrea even if it actually wasn't.

My reason for thinking it wasn't was that the zombies had teeth. The ones Woodbury collect for entertainment seem to get de-fanged before being taken into the compound. I don't think Andrea had enough time to round up new zombies; and rounding up new zombies would explain what the Governor was doing in the what seemed like hours between Andrea noticing he was gone, and the attack starting. (Of course, it's possible that Woodbury did have some fanged zombies collected as well, in which case it wouldn't have taken Andrea long to herd them into the van and drive to join the fun.)
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenbonjovi wrote: »
    Well yeah, it kind of does. It's not a documentary, there are no laws to say it has to be accurate! :confused:

I'll be waiting for the S3 finale where the "Leader of the Walkers" rides his Harley to the gates of Woodbury once Rick takes over and offers a peace treaty where Walkers & the "normal ones" live together...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenbonjovi wrote: »

As far as I am concerned the only thing different about this universe and the universe in the Walking dead on is that their is a disease the dead into zombies and everything else is the same.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    As far as I am concerned the only thing different about this universe and the universe in the Walking dead on is that their is a disease the dead into zombies and everything else is the same.

Seeing as you are not the writer, what ever you care quite frankly matters not.
  • Options
    OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    it seemed to me that the Governor didn't know what was going on with the van until it crashes through the gates...

Some people think it was Andrea in the van. I think it's unlikely, but it would make sense...

How can people possibly be this confused?
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaegerdude wrote: »

Ditto...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »

Its realistic. As someone above said. Apart from the dead walking. Its set in our same universe.

No-one else getting shot was unrealistic.

Rick & the group never changing clothes from leaving the Farm to the prison is unrealistic. Considering they spent winter on the run in t-shirts.

A 2013 issue car being used as a product placement for an apocalypse that happened in 2010 - Is unrealistic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 2013 issue car being used as a product placement for an apocalypse that happened in 2010 - Is unrealistic.

To expect that the show would want to bother paying any attention to such trivia... is unrealistic. ;)
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was it ever confirmed in the show when exactly the ZA started though? If not they could easily say it was 2017 or so and keep adding new cars in each season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Was it ever confirmed in the show when exactly the ZA started though? If not they could easily say it was 2017 or so and keep adding new cars in each season.

Not so easily! I could never forgive such dastardly manipulations. And I know I am not alone. If they even dare try it, why, we oughta...

2017. What kind of fools do you take us for? 2017!
  • Options
    seanwalfordseanwalford Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    This season has been a real roller coaster ride. Started of pretty poorly in my opinion. Has picke up again 2nd half/late 1st half even if some of the story is a bit sketchy, as others have noted. Hopefully the whole deal with Rick going mad doesn't last too long as I'm convinced it'll become boring and tedious. Daryl and Merle are doing a great job however.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaegerdude wrote: »

So I can't criticize anything in the show because its premise is unrealistic?
  • Options
    stafsstafs Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I can't criticize anything in the show because its premise is unrealistic?

You can criticise anything you like, just don't expect not to be criticised yourself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stafs wrote: »
    You can criticise anything you like, just don't expect not to be criticised yourself.

As a matter of fact it seems you should expect to be criticized for critical arguments; and then if you dare win the critical argument, expect to be told you have no standing to be critical; and then if you object to being told you have no standing to be critical, to be told you weren't being told you shouldn't be critical... and the circle of illogical nonsense will then be complete... and ready to begin another spin, I'll betcha.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Am i the only one or does it seem that when the Walkers die.... they come back as Walkers.

Two of the Walkers on tonights episode i swear i have seen before.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting episode tonight :)
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every scene that Andrea is in makes me rage. I am screaming at the TV. How can she be so stupid? WTF? It's like The Walking Dead has a quota. There must only be one black man, and there must always be one woman who is so mind-numbingly stupid that she must be removed from the show ASAP.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    Im siding with Andrea. Rick is really not behaving like a nice person , the way he made the 4 people seeking shelter at the prison leave a couple of episodes back was disgusting. I dont like the governor still.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    Im siding with Andrea. Rick is really not behaving like a nice person , the way he made the 4 people seeking shelter at the prison leave a couple of episodes back was disgusting. I dont like the governor still.

Hang on a second, let's look at everything Andrea knows:

1. The Gov keeps zombie heads in a tank
    2. The Gov keeps zombies captive
    3. Gov makes brothers fight each-other for entertainment
    4. Gov ordered her friend hunted and killed
    5. Gov ordered two of her other friends to be savagely beaten
    6. Gov attacked the prison and killed unarmed men
    7. Gov is training children to become offensive soldiers
    8. Gov has lied repeatedly to her
    9. Gov is unstable to the point that he acknowledged he shouldn't lead the town

Let's look at what she knows about Rick:
    1. He was a bit mistrustful of her
    2. He killed Shane in self-defence
    3. He launched an assault on Woodbury to get Maggie and Glenn back because the Gov was *torturing them*.

How can anyone not think Andrea is at best a moron who doesn't have the intelligence to live and at worst.... well, I've said enough.

Rick is a bit unstable right now but he's not a manipulative sadist. He's just a broken man.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    Every scene that Andrea is in makes me rage. I am screaming at the TV. How can she be so stupid? WTF? It's like The Walking Dead has a quota. There must only be one black man, and there must always be one woman who is so mind-numbingly stupid that she must be removed from the show ASAP.

The Governor has plenty of henchmen who are from the ethnic minorities
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    The Governor has plenty of henchmen who are from the ethnic minorities

Right, I'm talking about main characters. Sure, plenty of extras and minor characters deviate from the norm.