BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Curmudgeon's prerogative?:p
    can't agree with that.:DDDDDDDDD

I thought changing minds was a Womans.:DDDDDDDD
  • TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all :).

Scots rool wrote: »
    Oh dear......did your coffee go down the wrong way? :D

I would suggest you read back many of your diatribes........you said only the other day Re Lauren :rolleyes: Hence my original comment, you really do need to make up your mind.

It's doing well I see. 2 likes..........

You really think Ch5 will do anything about that......in fact if my memory serves me right you were quick enough to accuse all of us who originally tried to get Ch4 to change their mind on the LF issue. We worked tirelessly to alter this, & you arrogantly stated on here we were wasting our time, we weren't organised enough & hadn't contacted the right people. :rolleyes:

You had your oats this morning? :D

Nutter!

Does Ryvitta count? :D
    Forum Member
    One Direction are making a lot of cash for Comic Relief, One Way or Another, a hit in 63 Countries all ready.

See them here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36mCEZzzQ3o&feature=inp-tw-paq
    Forum Member
    TheElf wrote: »
    Evening all :).

Does Ryvitta count? :D
    Evening Elfy.:)))))))))
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Out on bail HERE

thanks - so i see, he was a bit lucky to get out considering he is facing murder ! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    That wasn't the phrase we used.....but yes!:p:p

I bet it wasn't ! :p
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    One Direction are making a lot of cash for Comic Relief, One Way or Another, a hit in 63 Countries all ready.

See them here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36mCEZzzQ3o&feature=inp-tw-paq

I am glad they are raising money for charity, but it really is a very feeble version of both songs and it was outrageous that they had them (not even) miming at the Brits.
    Both songs are very easy for one young lad to sing and dance/run to, let alone five of them.
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    We had a lovely meal, Salt cod, Kalamari, wild greens, spicy cheese.There has been another huge downpour.....
    Forum Member
    We had a lovely meal, Salt cod, Kalamari, wild greens, spicy cheese.There has been another huge downpour.....

Arte, I do hope you are safely away from the worst of it.
    Forum Member
    Arte, I do hope you are safely away from the worst of it.

Our friend Gail who lives about a mile away has been flooded and the beach shot in the DM article is just up the road.The drains backed up on Annoula this morning, it was very smelly and messy but she had plenty of help. We occupy the top 2 stories of the house so well above any flood level.
    Our local Taverna was closed because of the floods so we went to one on the main road on slightly higher ground.
    When we set out this morning, we had no idea it was going to last as long or be as bad and we often have flooded roads round here because there is no drainage so we had no reason to believe that it wasn't the usual stuff.
    Forum Member
    Our friend Gail who lives about a mile away has been flooded and the beach shot in the DM article is just up the road.The drains backed up on Annoula this morning, it was very smelly and messy but she had plenty of help. We occupy the top 2 stories of the house so well above any flood level.
    Our local Taverna was closed because of the floods so we went to one on the main road on slightly higher ground.
    When we set out this morning, we had no idea it was going to last as long or be as bad and we often have flooded roads round here because there is no drainage so we had no reason to believe that it wasn't the usual stuff.

Poor Gail. I hope she stays safe. It looks horrific.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just had a look at the DM - it does look terrible, you are lucky to be well above it :o
    Forum Member
    That Salt Cod / Saltfish is fantastic, do you get Fillets or on the Bone Fish?
    Forum Member
    That Salt Cod / Saltfish is fantastic, do you get Fillets or on the Bone Fish?

It is on the bone, Hicky, and battered like fish shop fish.It is served with a huge dollop of garlic sauce but I waive the sauce....
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member

Apart from the kalamari it sounds yummy!

Those DM shots look awful, and it seems to have escalated so quickly?? No wonder you had no idea this morning that it would be as bad as it is.
    Forum Member
    It is on the bone, Hicky, and battered like fish shop fish.It is served with a huge dollop of garlic sauce but I waive the sauce....
    Wow, never heard of having Salt Cod on the bone in batter.
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Apart from the kalamari it sounds yummy!

Those DM shots look awful, and it seems to have escalated so quickly?? No wonder you had no idea this morning that it would be as bad as it is.

Yes, it did escalate quickly and it didn't help that we have had a much wetter winter than usual so it was a sort of cumulative effect.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evening all :)

i've just found it mentioned on the world page of the bbc website. so it's not just athens and has gone down towards where you are as well. why do they not have a drainage system arty? is it usually so dry that it's not needed all year? i'm guessing this was the thunderstorm with constant lightning you mentioned. hope everyone's ok where you are. according to the news it was meant to subside today, but you're better than the news for proper greece reports, and it sounds like it hasn't :(
    Forum Member
    Wow, never heard of having Salt Cod on the bone in batter.

Well, there you go, something new you could experience....
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member

That'll be Hicky off to the fishmonger tomorrow then - after his enormous breakfast!!!
    Forum Member
    doodle doo wrote: »
    evening all :)

i've just found it mentioned on the world page of the bbc website. so it's not just athens and has gone down towards where you are as well. why do they not have a drainage system arty? is it usually so dry that it's not needed all year? i'm guessing this was the thunderstorm with constant lightning you mentioned. hope everyone's ok where you are. according to the news it was meant to subside today, but you're better than the news for proper greece reports, and it sounds like it hasn't :(

It is mostly the terrain, Doods, it is very rocky and laying pipes is an extremely expensive business.The new road from Spata down to our coast road was started in March 2007 and they are only just finishing it.It has pipes laid alongside which means that there can be drains but the coast road has none.Nearly all the streets around here are unadopted and are just earth.(We change our own light bulbs in the street lights.A designated person has a special pole with which to do this.) Another problem is the amount of concrete laid everywhere which leaves less land to absorb the water.
    On a happy note, it has stopped raining!
    Forum Member
    You can't get it where i live in batter, and don't fancy battering fish on the bone anyway.
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    That'll be Hicky off to the fishmonger tomorrow then - after his enormous breakfast!!!
    Most Wet Fish Shops don't have Saltfish, i can get it from Birkenhead market or order it from Morrisons.
    Forum Member
    You can't get it where i live in batter, and don't fancy battering fish on the bone anyway.

Most Wet Fish Shops don't have Saltfish, i can get it from Birkenhead market or order it from Morrisons.

Well, I'm sure you can batter fillets too!:D
    Fillets are rare here in eateries.People choose their fish from a cold cabinet either outside the place or go into the kitchen and choose one from the cold drawers and they are cooked whole.If they were filleted, they would not be perceived to be good value as people like to suck the bones and get every last vestige out of the carcass.They are also tastier cooked whole as all the juices are retained.
    Saltfish is sold everywhere, in the markets, Supermarkets and fish shops.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is mostly the terrain, Doods, it is very rocky and laying pipes is an extremely expensive business.The new road from Spata down to our coast road was started in March 2007 and they are only just finishing it.It has pipes laid alongside which means that there can be drains but the coast road has none.Nearly all the streets around here are unadopted and are just earth.(We change our own light bulbs in the street lights.A designated person has a special pole with which to do this.) Another problem is the amount of concrete laid everywhere which leaves less land to absorb the water.
    On a happy note, it has stopped raining!

ah right i see, so yes the water has nowhere to go. thankfully it sounds like it's quite rare to get that much rain in one go (worst since the 60's?). i hope it drains away somewhere now it's stopped raining.

that's nice and self sufficient community about the street lamps :) if only we could do that, round here we call the council and they don't fix it :( i once almost tripped over a man laying on the pavement because it was so dark, and i called the police station to tell them about him. that street light was fixed overnight.
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm sure you can batter fillets too!:D
    Fillets are rare here in eateries.People choose their fish from a cold cabinet either outside the place or go into the kitchen and choose one from the cold drawers and they are cooked whole.If they were filleted, they would not be perceived to be good value as people like to suck the bones and get every last vestige out of the carcass.They are also tastier cooked whole as all the juices are retained.
    Saltfish is sold everywhere, in the markets, Supermarkets and fish shops.
    Are you saying the Saltfish has been soaked in water for 24 hrs before they put it in the cabinet for you to pick from?
This discussion has been closed.