Options

New Xbox and New Playstation

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Seems like MS's PR magic is at work again with the Xbox One S's "40% smaller" claims.

If you're expecting the slim console to be 40% smaller than the original, you might be disappointed.

Turns out Xbox One S is only 40% smaller when compared to the Xbox One AND its power brick combined.

Makes a bit of a mockery of this image being circulated by MS. It doesn't actually show and Xbox One, but it certainly doesn't show a power supply.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClyhRUMWAAAopvl?format=jpg&name=large

They probably haven't said anything illegal, but still pretty shady I think.

I do hope they have not done this I would guess the S is 40% smaller by volume not dimensions hopefully excluding the power brick.
    I have tried to find the dimensions of the S to try and work it out but I can't find this info.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I want to see one side by side a PS4. I'm keen on getting a Xbox One as there's now enough exclusive games out or due soon that I'm interested in to make it worthwhile. The problem is I don't have any room in my TV unit for the current model as its huge. If this is more a PS4 size, that'll fit nicely (as long as a black one is made available!)
  • Options
    Kai ThompsonKai Thompson Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    I do hope they have not done this I would guess the S is 40% smaller by volume not dimensions hopefully excluding the power brick.
    I have tried to find the dimensions of the S to try and work it out but I can't find this info.

MS don't appear to have released the exact dimensions for the S model. Which is curious considering they've made the "40% smaller" line a key selling point.
    OMTT wrote: »
    I want to see one side by side a PS4. I'm keen on getting a Xbox One as there's now enough exclusive games out or due soon that I'm interested in to make it worthwhile. The problem is I don't have any room in my TV unit for the current model as its huge. If this is more a PS4 size, that'll fit nicely (as long as a black one is made available!)

It's hard to say for certain, but it still looks slightly bigger than a PS4 to me. It's definitely still wider and perhaps slightly taller. I don't think it's as deep though.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumour time - PS Neo and PS4 Slim will both be revealed at Tokyo Games Show in September.