Options

James Arthur Twitter Backlash

Comments

• Options
    Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    A lot of former DJs are being talked about. That does not mean they are popular or have a career left

Exactly. I remember this theory being spoken about by Simon Cowell, when Katie Waissel was filling tabloid columns during her time on the XF. It may have been true in the context of the show,.For those few weeks, the most talked about contestants were the ones most likely to be saved. But in the long run it was incredibly damaging to her career - she will always be known as one of the most vilified contestants, but she has never charted any music since left the show.
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Still interested in him. It all matters. The worst thing other than being talked about is not being talked about.

Having & gaining a lot of followers doesn't always mean big sales & being on an upward curve.

Bieber is the perfect example, followed by more than 30million people (I think) and certainly not selling music to all those people! They are here to look at the spectacle of his life & how he deals with it... Seeing him fall must be entertaining.
    But if you look at his sales, they aren't as high as they used to be when he had a lot less followers...
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He makes Suarez seem intelligent.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    It's all about publicity. He hasn't left twitter for good. He will be back on next week. Tell you what, he is excellent at keeping himself in the headlines and this is all free publicity for him. He is one of the most talked about singer's in the country at the moment.

People like drama, that's all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    lucy mane wrote: »

Oh no they won't!

(oh yes they will)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    James comes out the better person in the DS article.

Really? In what way exactly? Is it "I feel sorry for your kids"?
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? In what way exactly? Is it "I feel sorry for your kids"?

It would help if you read the whole article.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It would help if you read the whole article.

I did, and asked you a question about it
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    He has well and truly fallen off the rails now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    James comes out the better person in the DS article.

You're kidding right???!!?.... I actually baffle at people that will defend Arthur in these pathetic circumstances. It's okay to be a fan, but you should know the right time to defend IMO. I'm intrigued to know on what basis you think any of his despicable actions on twitter today is alright?? :o smh
  • Options
    RottilargoRottilargo Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're kidding right???!!?.... I actually baffle at people that will defend Arthur in these pathetic circumstances. It's okay to be a fan, but you should know the right time to defend IMO. I'm intrigued to know on what basis you think any of his despicable actions on twitter today is alright?? :o smh

His fans are deluded. It's like he's got them brainwashed or something. I saw tweets tonight saying poor James has been chased off twitter by haters and bullies. They genuinely think he's done nothing wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You can baffle at whatever you want. I read the article and simply commented on the fact that it favoured him, what part of that do you not understand?
    Also who gives anyone rights on here to tell people who to defend or be be fans of. Fine if you're not a fan, but please don't go about preaching to people.:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Rottilargo wrote: »
    His fans are deluded. It's like he's got them brainwashed or something. I saw tweets tonight saying poor James has been chased off twitter by haters and bullies. They genuinely think he's done nothing wrong.

I think i might actually be in shock to see people defend such deplorable behavior. I understand how it is to want to vehemently defend a celeb you've been supporting for some time.

However, i think if i were to be a fan of Arthur, i would genuinely not know what point to even start defending him from. Just go check out his twitter page and the hate he spews, that is one bitter guy!!! *shivers
  • Options
    dirty dingusdirty dingus Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad he has removed himself from Twatter, should free up enough time for shooting commitments for the upcoming Goonies 2.
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 modern phrases I hate reading, Twitter Rant, Twitter Feud and Twitter Backlash. I don't actually see the point in twitter at all, well in saying that I can see how it is handy for getting info out quickly like National Rail and the like, but when 'celebrities' just put inane things on for attention it just baffles me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    James should concentrate on his singing. He performed pretty poorly on children in need and needs to buck up if he's going to have a career out of this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Don't like him or his singing - Jarmene (sp) should have won last year
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    You can baffle at whatever you want. I read the article and simply commented on the fact that it favoured him, what part of that do you not understand?
    Also who gives anyone rights on here to tell people who to defend or be be fans of. Fine if you're not a fan, but please don't go about preaching to people.:mad:

You're happy to support a homophobe then?
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad he has removed himself from Twatter

There is absolutely no chance it was his decision.

And I realise people think 'any publicity is good publicity' but heres the thing, his record company just removed him from twitter.

They obviously disagree.

I think if he's causing management this much trouble this early on, he doesnt stand much chance of longevity, I think his album is very good to be honest, but a music career is about a lot more than that, and it hasnt really sold in numbers big enough that he can get away with being an arse to manage, in short, he seems to be more trouble than he is worth.

I suspect the tweet that insinuated simon cowell was going after the idiot rapper bloke got james arthur into very very serious trouble indeed.
  • Options
    squeekycheekssqueekycheeks Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Danny_Girl wrote: »
    Of course the biggest shame about James Arthur is that he was given a life changing opportunity by appearing in and winning X-Factor that he appears to be squandering in front of our eyes. We all saw his backdrop story and I think that at least some of his voters will have been people who bought into it and wanted to give him his big break in life. The thing is that looking at the irrational, antagonistic and unpleasant way he seems to be behaving now it's not hard to see why his life was so chaotic before the show. So IMO sadly his supporters on the show were duped, it wasn't bad luck and accidental wrong turns that caused his problems before the show I.e something that could be fixed by winning the show, it seems to me more like deep seated personality issues that make him primed to self destruct. He's obviously a troubled guy that needs some professional help. Just a shame he wasn't weeded out in the early rounds of X-Factor leaving the way open for a winner who could use the opportunity in a more positive way.

Totally agree, I think you've hit the nail right on the head. He has been given a brilliant platform, something a lot of people who have been doing the rounds and clubs etc.for years, could only dream of, but I think he has a self destruct button, and if hes not careful, hes going to flush his career right down the pan. Should just keep his head down and concentrate on his music.
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    This is more the image I have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk4Ntcq5uNg

Nice one.:):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    James should concentrate on his singing. He performed pretty poorly on children in need and needs to buck up if he's going to have a career out of this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tabby_Shaw wrote: »
    You're happy to support a homophobe then?

No I am not, and I personally do not believe he is one. I don't condone anything that was said by James or this other rapper guy, but I think people are always too quick to jump on the 'he is a homophobe' bandwagon.

Most of the things James has said on twitter have been in reaction to the hate messages he has been receiving from quite a lot of people from this forum, who have been intentionally baiting him. These people now plan to move on to his Facebook page.

Yes, he needs to learn self control, but then you have to ask, do people have so much time on their hands that they spend all day and night sending hate messages to celebs? Not everyone is interested in the drama. I had a look on James' twitter page yesterday for the first time in months, yet I bought his single and album (sure damn good one too).

My point is, most of the people supporting him are not interested in the drama. He has sold nearly 100k copies of his album in 2 weeks, there is a reason for that.