Options

Swollen ankles

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
Forum Member
Hey for the past week I've had swollen ankles but there seems to be no cause, I'm not pregnant so can't be that. They go down at night when I've been sleeping and when I elevate them but next day when I go to work they are swollen again. They aren't paintful or red and I went to the doctor and he's not sure either as blood pressure is normal and I feel 100% due to get blood test next week to check stuf but doctor thinks they will come back fine, has anyone has anything similar??

Comments

• Options
    donlothariodonlothario Posts: 5,289
    Forum Member
    Have you spent a long time on your feet recently?

Do you sit in the same chair for long periods of time?

These are both reasons why your feet and ankles swell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do admin work so that could be y but today I've been off and went and done some shopping but haven't walked r been on my feet too much today and they are still slightly swollen but better than during the week
  • Options
    ladydragonladydragon Posts: 3,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you had a urine test?

If all comes back perfectly ok then it could just be your vascular system in the lower leg is a tad on the lazy size at shoving everything against upwards against gravity...

When you elevate them, rotate your feet around to keep the circulation busy and you may find some support stockings to be of help in minimising the fluid build up... If you're sitting for long periods at a desk then it might also help to get up regularly and just do some stretches like rising up and down on your toes to give the circulation chance to do it's thing and stretch the muscles a bit...

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine swell up in warm weather when I have had too much salt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have a blood test tomorrow and will get the results next week. The past 2 days my feet/ ankles have been really itchy as well, I would say swelling has gone down a little as well now.it's just annoying now I've taken some piriton to relieve the itching and maybe the swelling.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Do you drink enough water? If not you could be retaining water which will cause your feet to swell. This happens to me, especially in hot weather if I don't drink enough water.