New Tricks actress Susan Jameson's son - wonder who is the father?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
Forum Member
Reading on the Daily Mail website today that Susan Jameson of New Tricks and When The Boat Comes In gave up a child for adoption when she was 19/20. Her son has now come forward to say she is reluctant to embrace him as part of her family, which is her choice and their business, I guess. Her son has said that his father is also a famous British actor but does not name him (or blame him, some might say) but I have seen a couple of comments on the Daily Mail site to say he definitley resembles an actor. Given that he has went public with this and mentioned it was a famous actor, he must know there might be some speculation online, so looking at the picture does anyone have an idea, in blind item form.... ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1319268/Sorry-Ive-sense-mother-The-long-lost-son-New-Tricks-star-Susan-Jameson-reveals-heartbreaking-rejection.html

Comments

• Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a mother myself, I think she comes over as a hard nosed old cow tbh.

The piece makes it sound as if he knows who his father is, but refuses to condemn him in the same way that he's condemned his mother. After all, his father hasn't wanted to see him for 49 years either.
  • MoontakerMoontaker Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just reading the same story. One of the comments said it was obvious who the father is by his looks, that had a lot of thumbs up, seems a lot of people have worked it out. Glad there's someone else who is as much in the dark as me.

Clues about the name
    Not blind but quotes from the article -

'Susan has revealed he is a well-known British actor and given Nigel his name.'

'The name he was first given – Mark Jameson'

I assume they mean his original name.

Why out the mother but not the father, completely unfair and typical DM style story.
  • Loop o' SoupLoop o' Soup Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    He looks like Ian McShane.;)
  • tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look very much like the other likely lad to me
  • Loop o' SoupLoop o' Soup Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    tartan18 wrote: »

Ah i see it now, dear Rodney Bewes, maybe thats why they no longer speak. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tartan18 wrote: »

Crumbs tartan, he does doesn't he? :eek:
  • pussyfootpussyfoot Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard O'Sullivan?
  • sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thnk he looks like Peter Egan... is it? the one from ever decreasing circles
  • sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pussyfoot wrote: »
    Richard O'Sullivan?

I see what you mean but Isn't he dead though,sounds like this bloke is still alive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    sueh21 wrote: »
    I thnk he looks like Peter Egan... is it? the one from ever decreasing circles
    He would only be about 15/16 when this man was born so I don't think it is him although I can sort of see a resemblance there!
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever it was, they were some kind of pin up/sex symbol in the 70's from what the article said? I was not around then, so I am clueless.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Rodney Bewes at first, but yeah, now that it's been pointed out, he looks a ringer for Richard O'Sullivan, who, as far as I'm aware is not dead, but is living in a care home? Or was, a few years back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sueh21 wrote: »
    I see what you mean but Isn't he dead though,sounds like this bloke is still alive.

He's still around, but in very poor health.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_O'Sullivan

He'd only be 16/17 when this bloke was born though. His father would have to be in his very late 60's or early 70's at least.
  • BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    I thought Trevor Eve ?

but now I can see the Richard O'sullivan look :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Borefest wrote: »
    I thought Trevor Eve ?

Trevor Eve's only 59, so unless he was having sex at 10 years old.......:D :eek:
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah i see it now, dear Rodney Bewes, maybe thats why they no longer speak. ;)
    Rodney interview...seems bolan doesnt speak to him as Rodney mentioned James's wife Su having a baby and bolan wouldnt speak to him after this. I presume its not the kids on the new story. Rodney is 72ish

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1252389/Whatever-happened-likely-lad.html
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a mother myself, I think she comes over as a hard nosed old cow tbh.

The piece makes it sound as if he knows who his father is, but refuses to condemn him in the same way that he's condemned his mother. After all, his father hasn't wanted to see him for 49 years either.

As a mother you should understand the emotions involved in giving up a child. perhaps the only way to deal with it was to close all thought of it out and make a new life. I dont think anyone can criticse here, each to their own when it comes to something like this.
  • BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    Trevor Eve's only 59, so unless he was having sex at 10 years old.......:D :eek:

oops :D
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems to give her year of birth as 1944, the same as Richard O'Sullivan, but she could be fibbing a bit there.
    The Father could be anyone, really, I even noticed that Martin Shaw was in Corrie around the same time as her, and started to think there was a resemblance there too:o
    I suppose it's not really fair to speculate.
    I wonder why the Father's identity is being protected though, when the Mother's isn't?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    As a mother you should understand the emotions involved in giving up a child. perhaps the only way to deal with it was to close all thought of it out and make a new life. I dont think anyone can criticse here, each to their own when it comes to something like this.

As you're a dad, I don't know how you can profess to have an understanding of a mother's emotions, whether mine or Susan Jameson's.

And she's still a hard nosed old cow. In my opinion.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pussyfoot wrote: »
    Richard O'Sullivan?

I can see your point...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sitcom/atoz/m.shtml
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As you're a dad, I don't know how you can profess to have an understanding of a mother's emotions, whether mine or Susan Jameson's.

And she's still a hard nosed old cow. In my opinion.:cool:

If you looked at my profile or add ons under my name you'd see I'm a girl. Duffsdad is the name of my dog. You seem to do an awful lot of assuming.
  • funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Typical DM bollocks!!!

Why rake this up? There were obviously valid reasons for her giving her son up for adoption and equally valid reasons for not publicising the father's name. Speculatively, if it is Richard O' Sullivan the man is in a care home having suffered a severe stroke. I think being reunited with a son at this stage would do more harm than good.

The son knows where he comes from and who his biological parents are so he should accept this and move on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    If you looked at my profile or add ons under my name you'd see I'm a girl. Duffsdad is the name of my dog. You seem to do an awful lot of assuming.

Don't assume that I should feel the same way as you on the matter in hand then. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't assume that I should feel the same way as you on the matter in hand then. :cool:

I dont, I'm just saying that as a mother you should understand the emotions involved. Or are you saying it is a piece of cake to give up your child and make a new life?There is no right or wrong in this only other peoples judgement. The woman did the best she could for her baby lived with it and moved on, to call her a hard nosed cow is arrogant and ill informed of the emotional difficulties women face when in this position.