Options

Doc Martin (Part 16 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Connie's FB DM Spoilers page: another new ITV Doc Martin promo ad video, the longest one yet.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152145618922576&set=o.228618800521299&type=2&theater

Anybody know the song or performer in the background sound?

I don't know the music. I don't much like it either. It sounds a little sad. Wonder why they chose it.
    From this third trailer, a few more questions:

1. What's going on when it looks like DM is holding a vial of blood and he closes his eyes, looking very sad?

2. Why does Louisa scream, "Martin", in the kitchen. LOUD and panicked sounding? Has she misplaced the baby? Did she just find out Mrs. T. had returned to the village?

3. Why is Doc tearing up flowers?
  • Options
    NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    I don't know the music. I don't much like it either. It sounds a little sad. Wonder why they chose it.
    From this third trailer, a few more questions:

1. What's going on when it looks like DM is holding a vial of blood and he closes his eyes, looking very sad?

2. Why does Louisa scream, "Martin", in the kitchen. LOUD and panicked sounding? Has she misplaced the baby? Did she just find out Mrs. T. had returned to the village?

3. Why is Doc tearing up flowers?
    I don't know about the other questions, but my take on the expression with the vial of blood is that the blood phobia might have returned.

I so wish this were starting Sept. 2 instead of "October"!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    The Doc is tearing the ribbon off the flower I think. Wedding flowers for the men tend to have a little ribbon thingy if they are the groom, to show that they are the special man there. He might have agreed to wear the flower as long as it's just a plain flower.

I was wondering about why Louisa should like that. It seems panicked doesn't it? Also I LOVE that she makes him go to the school play - look at his face! :D

It seems on their weeding night that old man gets injured and needs stitches, there are those scenes when he pulling the man's arm and then trying to get thread into a needle. While wearing the same suit as he did at the wedding. It's a shame because I wanted them to have a good wedding night.

I like how the Doc and Louisa look at eachother closely in that one clip, while he is using tweezers to get something out of his or Louisa's hand. Or an object of some sort.

I noticed also Louisa is leaving the doc looking sad for something, she is dressed in a nice black top and looks at him before she goes - he looks sad there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Doc is tearing the ribbon off the flower I think. Wedding flowers for the men tend to have a little ribbon thingy if they are the groom, to show that they are the special man there. He might have agreed to wear the flower as long as it's just a plain flower.

I was wondering about why Louisa should like that. It seems panicked doesn't it? Also I LOVE that she makes him go to the school play - look at his face! :D

It seems on their weeding night that old man gets injured and needs stitches, there are those scenes when he pulling the man's arm and then trying to get thread into a needle. While wearing the same suit as he did at the wedding. It's a shame because I wanted them to have a good wedding night.

I like how the Doc and Louisa look at eachother closely in that one clip, while he is using tweezers to get something out of his or Louisa's hand. Or an object of some sort.

I noticed also Louisa is leaving the doc looking sad for something, she is dressed in a nice black top and looks at him before she goes - he looks sad there.
    This only heightens my anxiety about what is in store for us. One of the crew members told someone -- one of our forum members, I think -- that viewers were in for an emotional rollercoaster.

I guess we knew that they woud have to be interrupted on their wedding night!

Which trailer are you watching? I haven't seen that one yet, I don't think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    This only heightens my anxiety about what is in store for us. One of the crew members told someone -- one of our forum members, I think -- that viewers were in for an emotional rollercoaster.

I guess we knew that they woud have to be interrupted on their wedding night!

Which trailer are you watching? I haven't seen that one yet, I don't think.
    She's talking about the longest of the 3 trailers. It's a full minute long and is at the fb spoilers group.

About that scene where LG is leaving, it's odd because she's smiling, yet he looks sad. Maybe he isn't sad, just thoughtful. It's such a fleeting glimpse, it's hard to tell. But if something sad was going on, she wouldn't look so chipper.

Here's the link to the long promo video:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152145618922576&set=o.228618800521299&type=2&theater
  • Options
    MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's talking about the longest of the 3 trailers. It's a full minute long and is at the fb spoilers group.

About that scene where LG is leaving, it's odd because she's smiling, yet he looks sad. Maybe he isn't sad, just thoughtful. It's such a fleeting glimpse, it's hard to tell. But if something sad was going on, she wouldn't look so chipper.

Here's the link to the long promo vide

o:

I never believed his blood phobia was gone. The enormous energy he had to expend to fend it off was virtually unsustainable or he wouldn't have barfed at his son's delivery (my opinion only). How do you know that is a school play..you must be seeing more than me. Also, I think that when Louisa is leaving in the black top he just looks regular...not particularly sad. It's fun to anticipate though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mofromco wrote: »
    I never believed his blood phobia was gone. The enormous energy he had to expend to fend it off was virtually unsustainable or he wouldn't have barfed at his son's delivery (my opinion only). How do you know that is a school play..you must be seeing more than me. Also, I think that when Louisa is leaving in the black top he just looks regular...not particularly sad. It's fun to anticipate though.
    The school play info that leannethemouse mentioned most likely came from early spoiler info and filming photos at (I think) the Wadebridge school. We know there's a school play scene early in S6. She's probably not 100% certain that this is the same, but I bet she's right. It's funny that apparently everyone is singing (the school song maybe?) and smiling and there's our grumpy Doc right there in the middle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    Hello, cc.cookie.

Medicine is not considered a "service industry", at all.

The definition of a "service industry" from businessdictionary.com is: "An industry made up of companies that primarily earn revenue through providing intangible products and services. Service industry companies are involved in retail, transport, distribution, food services, as well as other service-dominated businesses."

I'm not sure that saving people's lives, running to help people in 24/7, being devoted to diagnosing difficult cases and giving excellent care to those in medical need, can occur, say, at your local McDonalds, or Costco.... ;) DM being a physician is vital to LG's admiration of him, and especially being such a good one.

DM is like a tough love parent. Paying very close attention to his patients, devoted to their health and well-being, but not exactly committed to working them with flowers and sunshine. He'll be there for you every moment of every day, and make sure you are getting the best care possible, but don't irritate him! I think LG would have appreciated having a parent like that.

Also, DM is a self-made millionaire, although we do not know how much money he has, but we can assume it is considerable. Whether he inherited any is completely unknown, but we do know he worked very hard to become a doctor and then worked very hard to be the best surgeon there was. From a hideous, bed-wetting childhood to being the most respected surgeon in London and then having the capacity to become an amazing GP/emergency doc is a very admirable journey to have made in life. Hell, I'm a physician and I admire him--his bobblehead is on my desk in my clinic!

We see very clearly that DM has drive, passion and a certain cockiness, as you wrote above. His being a committed physician and being 100% DEPENDABLE in that regard is definitely attractive to LG.

I see the way DM performs his duties as "in ther service of others" he does it for the greater good rather than considering the monetary reward. Although it is true that that is there in his role as a GP the remuneration is modest compared to what he would get as a surgeon.

Not all people in the medical profession have this view of their job and not all put it into practice.

Conrad Black is one of those self made millionaires (billionaire at one time) who ran rough shod over everyone regardless of ethics, morals or the law, in order to get what he wanted for himself - power, fame and money. He wouldn't be who he is without money - he might be a lot nicer, less arrogant, honest person, who knows.

I think if Martin Ellingham wasn't a doctor he would still be doing something admirable and in the service of others that would have drawn LG to him. I see LG struggling with her admiration if DM as an heroic man and her dislike of some of his character flaws - gruff, monosyllabic and rude. Maybe if Martin Ellingham hadn't been a Dr and hadn't had the opportunity to get away with being gruff, monosyllabic and rude for so long he might have been an easier companion for LG.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The way I see DM being sick at the birth of JH is another example of his sub-conscious not wanting him to leave and go to London. If he can't stop throwing up at the sight of blood he can't perform surgery so he has to stay in Portwenn.

When he realise Portwenn is where he wants to be and needs to be for his own personal growth and development his sub-conscious wont need to remind him anymore that he cannot leave.
  • Options
    whalewhale Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where do we see the trailers if we are not on facebook can anyone post them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whale wrote: »

The only place I know of where someone has saved them and posted them is at facebook. Maybe they'll show up elsewhere later.

Could be worth it to join up at facebook though, even if temporarily.

But that's just my opinion. I have little patience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whale wrote: »
    The only place I know of where someone has saved them and posted them is at facebook. Maybe they'll show up elsewhere later.

Could be worth it to join up at facebook though, even if temporarily.

But that's just my opinion. I have little patience.

The trailers will probably get taken down if they are anywhere but hidden on facebook.

It doesn't really look as if we're going to get many happy moments. : ( If they kissed or even touched you would have thought they would have put it in the trailer.

DM still has the blood phobia by the looks of it? Does anyone agree?

If marrying LG isn't going to make DM happy then why do it?
    Am very worried about s6.

:cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    It doesn't really look as if we're going to get many happy moments. : ( If they kissed or even touched you would have thought they would have put it in the trailer.

Yes,c.c. cookie, I am pretty worried too, but I am the Eeyore of my family. If the follows last year's trailer, all of that might have happened in the first spisode!
  • Options
    SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just found this blog spot on MC's Horsepower documentary. Don't remember seeing it here before:
    http://wwwwordsfromwillow.blogspot.com/2013/07/television-special-review-martin-clunes.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am heartened by seeing the trailers on FB that we are in for that "roller coaster ride" and I am looking forward to it. If they don't take us through ups and downs, it would be a pretty boring show. And this show has been anything but boring and predictable.

I just got a friend watching it for the first time and he is always trying to tell me what is gonna happen next and he is always wrong. That has absolutely piqued his interest as he loves intelligent shows and it challenges him that he doesn't see what's coming.
  • Options
    MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am heartened by seeing the trailers on FB that we are in for that "roller coaster ride" and I am looking forward to it. If they don't take us through ups and downs, it would be a pretty boring show. And this show has been anything but boring and predictable.

I just got a friend watching it for the first time and he is always trying to tell me what is gonna happen next and he is always wrong. That has absolutely piqued his interest as he loves intelligent shows and it challenges him that he doesn't see what's coming.[/QUOTE

No question they have to be unpredictable. A
    S6 can't succeed doing the same old same old! Here's to being at the edge of our seats!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member

I just got a friend watching it for the first time and he is always trying to tell me what is gonna happen next and he is always wrong. That has absolutely piqued his interest as he loves intelligent shows and it challenges him that he doesn't see what's coming.

I think BP will continue to uphold its reputation of giving DM viewers a "roller coaster" of a ride. This show for me had never fallen on the trap of being predictable and conventional and these are the qualities that make it a riveting watch.

I always find something new in every episode- whether it is the characters, their dialogues or the whole presentation itself -that always make me appreciate the series as a whole. I don't think I will ever tire of watching this series over and over and over again.

Like the rest of the DM fans, I eagerly await S6 and as early as now, I am keeping my fingers crossed that S7 will not be far behind
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailers will probably get taken down if they are anywhere but hidden on facebook.

Oh, no, I don't think they would ever show us a kiss in a trailer. They're teasing us and won't show us any BIG moments.

It could be that the blood phobia is back. That one moment in the trailer sure looks that way. BUT, if I remember correctly from S5 trailers, they're tricky, and almost sometimes lead us down the garden path.

I don't see any reason to think DM is unhappy. There's an apparently sad moment when it appears he's holding a vial of blood, but you never know with these people.

I'm excited about S6. I think it will be a bit of everything, with ups and downs, and I'm looking forward to it. It looks...busy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, no, I don't think they would ever show us a kiss in a trailer. They're teasing us and won't show us any BIG moments.

It could be that the blood phobia is back. That one moment in the trailer sure looks that way. BUT, if I remember correctly from S5 trailers, they're tricky, and almost sometimes lead us down the garden path.

I don't see any reason to think DM is unhappy. There's an apparently sad moment when it appears he's holding a vial of blood, but you never know with these people.

I'm excited about S6. I think it will be a bit of everything, with ups and downs, and I'm looking forward to it. It looks...busy.

Love your last line! I just love when a line from the show fits so perfectly either our conversation or one that I am having in real life. :):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love your last line! I just love when a line from the show fits so perfectly either our conversation or one that I am having in real life. :):)

Another idea for the Gift Shop :

' The Doc's Chat-up Lines for Swingin' Lovers ' :

' Um....er....er... '

' I bought a fish '

You look...er...busy '

Etc, etc,....er.....etc

:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/QUOTE

No question they have to be unpredictable. A
    S6 can't succeed doing the same old same old! Here's to being at the edge of our seats!!!

We'll be on the edge of our seats all right

Chewng the carpet

With frustration

But we can always HOPE ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    Yes,c.c. cookie, I am pretty worried too, but I am the Eeyore of my family. If the follows last year's trailer, all of that might have happened in the first spisode!
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »

We'll be on the edge of our seats all right

Chewng the carpet

With frustration

But we can always HOPE ;)

Well I will hope along with you both.

A kiss would be great, maybe just a touch, two seconds of a happy DM...something I am not fussy. :):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sure was busy!

Do you think it shows DM about to leave the church and then he sees LG arriving?
    What do you think LG yells out "Martin" for? He could trip as he goes out the door with JH??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »

Well I will hope along with you both.

A kiss would be great, maybe just a touch, two seconds of a happy DM...something I am not fussy. :):):)

Something...

ANYTHING

Wishing on a star now, cookie :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure was busy!

I am so sorry everyone. The phone rang and I didn't check it once I'd posted it and realise now I put it in spoilers.

So sorry. :o:o:o
This discussion has been closed.