EastEnders - new Shabnam Masood - FIRST CAST PICTURE

2»

Comments

• Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    I hope her secrets good, if it's something to do with baby or sexuality that will be disappointing.
    I think it might be, she was female rights campaigner in Pakistan and was involved in protests and was involved something that killed someone.

can we add abuse to that list. EastEnders loves to wheel that one out.
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    and not because the Quran tells them to cover themselves.

It doesn't.

All it says in the Qur'an is for women 'to dress modestly' more or less, there is nothing saying they have to cover their head like in the photo of the character or to wear those ridiculous burqas.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    It doesn't.

All it says in the Qur'an is for women 'to dress modestly' more or less, there is nothing saying they have to cover their head like in the photo of the character or to wear those ridiculous burqas.

I am not Muslim so I am not expert. But this site which has questions to scholars about Islamic issues asked about this and apparently it is mentioned?

http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-about-islam/faith-and-worship/aspects-of-worship/166087-is-hijab-a-quranic-commandment.html

I love reading about world faiths, I find it so interesting.
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    ^ Read that a little more closely, the Qu'ran doesn't say it like that, unfortunately it's taken out of context by some and you have to be careful when it comes to quoting the Qur'an because some quotes from the negative Qu'ran editions that came out, mostly from Saudi Arabia, changed a lot of the verses to suit their fundamentalist needs, to take control.

If you compare some different editions of Qur'ans, you can see quotes that are rather different to the normal more positive passages. Either different words added to change the context completely(this is where you get some extremists coming out with nonsense) or they edited the quote by missing out parts of the quote(when one appeared on Facebook a while back when the Lee Rigby death happened, it is a perfectly normal quote when read in full but because parts of the quote were edited out it came across as extremistsque).

I love reading about world faiths, I find it so interesting.

Same here. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't a self harm storyline planed for Shabnam before she left. I wonder if they would go back to this, especially wit her new clothing leaving her more able to hid it