Horrible Iceland Advert :-(

1235»

Comments

• Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I wonder if his natural and private gf will be crowbarred into helping receive the shipping just as the paps happen to be passing?

His fiance has nothing to do with this thread, so why bring her into it ?
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    vflambee wrote: »
    I remember seeing a photo of Kerry Katona receiving her Iceland delivery at home one time. Do you think they get food parcels as part payment? I look forward to seeing the oompa loompa receiving his food parcel one day ... if it occurs you can bet your sweet bippy it'll be photographed, after all. :)

I hate myself for knowing this but Katona definitely did. I think it was revealed on her MTV show back in the day. It was £100 a week's worth IIRC.

One has just popped up in the next village. I've not been in there but walked past it recently and I'm sure I heard the strains of Mysterious Girl in gentle pan piped muzak floating out of the door.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aren't they all though?
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    He probably would get a few stares in the unlikely event that he ever ventured into Iceland. But they would probably just be from people wondering why there was an Oompa-loompa muttering about 89p frozen peas while moonwalking in the freezer aisle.

Isn't every aisle in Iceland a freezer aisle....? :confused:
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    Why do you feel a need to drag his fiancee into the discussion ?
    Was she in any of the adverts ?
    The answer is no ,so unless she pops up unexpectedly then discussing her is off topic .Totally off topic .
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    His fiance has nothing to do with this thread, so why bring her into it ?

It's a lighthearted line. No need to stress yourselves about it. Obviously, I'm the only FM ever to go off topic, something you've never been guilty of yourselves.

Anyway, I wouldn't be so sure she won't appear in the ads before long as he drags her into every other piece of self promotion that he does
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't every aisle in Iceland a freezer aisle....? :confused:

Actually no it isn't :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a lighthearted line. No need to stress yourselves about it. Obviously, I'm the only FM ever to go off topic, something you've never been guilty of yourselves.

Anyway, I wouldn't be so sure she won't appear in the ads before long as he drags her into every other piece of self promotion that he does

Yep we've yet to see these Christmas ads Blondie and I dread to think who he will drag into with him :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its totally embarrassing for him and Iceland. We all know he does not have four éclairs from Iceland for 89p in his fridge and that his housekeeper gets the shopping from Waitrose.
  • Options
    Elle_JamesElle_James Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Jones wrote: »
    Its totally embarrassing for him and Iceland. We all know he does not have four éclairs from Iceland for 89p in his fridge and that his housekeeper gets the shopping from Waitrose.

I don't think so!.....http://www.brandrepublic.com/go/news...elievable-act/
  • Options
    denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course its crap , its got Peter Andre in it . odious creep
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elle_James wrote: »
    Hmm... Did the research specify whether they were recalling a catchphrase, or that the tangerine twonk wasn't believable in his love for cheezy peas? (ie What a pile of unbelievable shite those Peter Andre ads are!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Hmm... Did the research specify whether they were recalling a catchphrase, or that the tangerine twonk wasn't believable in his love for cheezy peas? (ie What a pile of unbelievable shite those Peter Andre ads are!)

What can you see in that link from Elle Nota as when I press it it just says "error":confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    What can you see in that link from Elle Nota as when I press it it just says "error":confused:
    I put the word unbelievable into the search box and clicked "today" on the list when all the links came up. Then I got this http://www.brandrepublic.com/news/1316649/top-10-ads-week-iceland-tops-charts-peter-andres-unbelievable-act/?DCMP=ILC-SEARCH
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL, got to love the idea that a top of the week rating for a 'most recalled' ad is being seen as a wholly positive thing! I can think of countless ads that stayed in my mind because they annoyed the crap out of me and made me vow to never go near the product in question, purely on the basis of how annoying I found the ad.

I suspect that's the more likely basis for its 'top rating'. ;-)

I still struggle to imagine how anyone who wouldn't normally go near Iceland would even consider going there for the sake of a few frozen veg items (sorry, but that's about as much as I could consider having seen links to their 'meat' products *shudders*), and still have to go to their normal supermarket for the bulk of their shopping.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    LOL, got to love the idea that a top of the week rating for a 'most recalled' ad is being seen as a wholly positive thing! I can think of countless ads that stayed in my mind because they annoyed the crap out of me and made me vow to never go near the product in question, purely on the basis of how annoying I found the ad.

I suspect that's the more likely basis for its 'top rating'. ;-)

I still struggle to imagine how anyone who wouldn't normally go near Iceland would even consider going there for the sake of a few frozen veg items (sorry, but that's about as much as I could consider having seen links to their 'meat' products *shudders*), and still have to go to their normal supermarket for the bulk of their shopping.

Didn't Go Compare get voted the most annoying ads of all time or something but I bet you, if you asked most people in the street at the time they were running, they would have been one of the first ads they thought of.

Memorable doesn't actually equal good
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Go Compare get voted the most annoying ads of all time or something but I bet you, if you asked most people in the street at the time they were running, they would have been one of the first ads they thought of.

Memorable doesn't actually equal good

Yes, exactly, it's not about good or effective advertising, it's about what registers and stays in your mind. The idea that that automatically translates to sales is absolute rubbish.

But I'm sure Iceland will shift extra 89p crap to its usual customer base.
  • Options
    vflambeevflambee Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Oh, I don't know! I bet that there are many crazy/obsessed Peter Andre fans who have started shopping at Iceland just because of the object of their desire being Iceland's latest poster boy.

As I have seen written elsewhere "it's the Peter effect" ... and going by the Twitter links I have seen, he has more than his fair share of obsessives! :)
  • Options
    hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    What do you expect from a man who would sell his own farts in a bottle if he thought he could market them?
    LOL...but how true
    rattie wrote: »
    My son commented on it tonight; said "As if Peter Andre shops in Iceland and buys something for 89p, more like a Waitrose delivery for him"

Lol.
    Doubt he`s seen the inside of a supermarket in years
    I found KK more believable for the Iceland advert :-)
    Glad it wasn't just me thinking he was actually on his way to Waitrose x

Agreed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I don't know! I bet that there are many crazy/obsessed Peter Andre fans who have started shopping at Iceland just because of the object of their desire being Iceland's latest poster boy.

As I have seen written elsewhere "it's the Peter effect" ... and going by the Twitter links I have seen, he has more than his fair share of obsessives! :)

There's only one sort of Peter Effect for me and that's my head over the loo and my fingers down my throat.
  • Options
    vflambeevflambee Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    There's only one sort of Peter Effect for me and that's my head over the loo and my fingers down my throat.

In fact, thinking about it, Peter Andre & purveyors of such wonderful foodstuffs as chicken tikka masala lasagne are perfect bedfellows!

Just seen the advert where he receives a home delivery ... he looks almost jaundiced in it. He really should cut back on the fake tan. I'm sure his natural skin tone would be much nicer than the orangey hue he seems to favour
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's surprising because his fans won't pay 89p download one of his songs, but they'll buy another type of cheesy crap he promotes? Odd fans!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's surprising because his fans won't pay 89p download one of his songs, but they'll buy another type of cheesy crap he promotes? Odd fans!
    :-) that made me really smile :-)
    So true and yet will they really ever get the irony of cheese :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

QFT :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭