Options

Eurovision 2015 - The UK entry...

Comments

• Options
    olijandroolijandro Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Perhaps it should be noted that Geri Halliwell has supposedly been busy in the studios recording 3 new tracks this week...
    http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a622533/geri-halliwell-back-in-the-studio-recording-new-music-im-so-excited.html

Although I am not one who would particularly appreciate her as our entrant, it does keep up the speculation!
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olijandro wrote: »
    Perhaps it should be noted that Geri Halliwell has supposedly been busy in the studios recording 3 new tracks this week...
    http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a622533/geri-halliwell-back-in-the-studio-recording-new-music-im-so-excited.html

Although I am not one who would particularly appreciate her as our entrant, it does keep up the speculation!

Seen this earlier and thought if this was last year the Eurovision world would be in melt down :D
  • Options
    EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God! :D she crops up every year doesn't she?
  • Options
    itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    S Club 7 would only work if Paul left again, THEN they'd be allowed to enter.
  • Options
    MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this sounds total stupid but Sam Bailey has just been dropped. Her with a power Ballard will shock faces.

Otherwise Pixie Lott or The Saturdays :)
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ye can borrow Mary Byrne from us now that she hadn't made the cut for Eurosong
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My dream (never going to happen due to connections with ITV and The X Factor) but it would be something like 'Empire' by Ella Henderson. Strong message, great voice, wrote it herself (or at least, co-wrote) and has a strong message to Britain :D This would be a perfect song for me if it was performed well on the stage.
  • Options
    Shar_dsShar_ds Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McBusted on the Graeme Norton show... There's 6 of them... Need I say more?
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,861
    Forum Member
    Shar_ds wrote: »
    McBusted on the Graeme Norton show... There's 6 of them... Need I say more?

They'd be good, They're excellent live performers and we haven't tried the pop/rock thing- Never gonna happen though imo
  • Options
    Chris_HobbsChris_Hobbs Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd really love something like this to be our entry. Obviously we would never get Jessie but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=888dYl07d88
  • Options
    Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I think the BBC wouldn't be risking much (in a future year) to move The Voice to February or March and to launch a new show called "Three Minutes". Offer an appealing prize and don't make it all about Eurovision (much like Sanremo) in order to encourage applicants. Guaranteed ratings winner against bugger all on the other channels.
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this sounds total stupid but Sam Bailey has just been dropped. Her with a power Ballard will shock faces.

Otherwise Pixie Lott or The Saturdays :)

wasn't Pixie Lott rejected in favour of Humperdinck back in 2012? That's what we were led to believe. And the BBC is clueless enough to pull such a stunt..
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    They'd be good, They're excellent live performers and we haven't tried the pop/rock thing- Never gonna happen though imo

the only thing that would make McBusted slightly realistic is that they have made an effort to get their name known in Europe by supporting One Direction on some dates last year...they had little to no success in Europe even in their heydays so may welcome the opportunity to be shown live across the continent.

Pity we couldn't have persuaded Ellie Goulding to do it, as her new song would do really well at Eurovision in my opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJtDXIazrMo
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the BBC isn't putting too much emphasis on the "singer-songwriter" part like they did last year. No one cares who writes the song, as long as it's really good. None of the winning performers have written their songs since Rybak after all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    From what i can gather, the BBC asked songwriters to submit a song , and the song had to be showcased by a singer of the songwriters choosing. Now that is all well and good, but what happens if the song submitted has tremendous potential but the singer available to an amateur writer wasnt that great..isnt that a missed opportunity?
    1981 MYMU was originally created for Dollar but Bucks Fizz were 2nd choice, and i cant see Dollar making it a winner. In 96 Gina G said that she found ' oh ah just a little bit' in the reject bin of the record company..it's not always that simple that 2 seperate elements come as a package.
    So, i hope that the BBC had the foresight to mix n match...i think this is where BBC Introducing fell down with Molly in 2014...you cant always expect to find a good artist and a good song written by them often you need the x factor approach where you find a great singer and then give them a song..which is what happened in 2009 with ALW
    So, ideally id hope to see the BBC have found a good singer, and then found a good song submitted by a songwriter and polished...asking a BBC Introducing act to submit from their set is just too limiting.
  • Options
    notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good song is needed first and then find the right singer. Andrew Lloyd Webber's song wasn't particularly fantastic but the girl who sang it was not good enough, her lack of experience and weak vocal control didn't help. Sam Bailey would be ideal for a big ballad, Ray Quine or Olly Murs would also be able to perform or why not go the whole hog and get Jessie Jay ..... Can't wait to see what we will end up with!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Band could be The Wonder Villains
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,277
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »

I like their song about Gianfranco Zola. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is them I hope they haven't gone with a novelty song like that
  • Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »

Despite sending them to dsfe I hope not, as the times I saw them live they were not up to much.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,861
    Forum Member
    notin wrote: »
    A good song is needed first and then find the right singer. Andrew Lloyd Webber's song wasn't particularly fantastic but the girl who sang it was not good enough, her lack of experience and weak vocal control didn't help. Sam Bailey would be ideal for a big ballad, Ray Quine or Olly Murs would also be able to perform or why not go the whole hog and get Jessie Jay ..... Can't wait to see what we will end up with!

I actually thought Jade did a good job and elevated a poor song. My Time was repetitive and a bit dull, It wouldn't have done half as well had Andrew not been on stage with her imo (Although I still think we'd have been Top 3 if we'd sent the twins, the harmonies added something different to the song but Andrew was clearly pimping Jade from the start that year)
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope we get something Sia-esque this year both in style and song

Chandelier would win it easily with someone like Diana Vickers performing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    I actually thought Jade did a good job and elevated a poor song. My Time was repetitive and a bit dull, It wouldn't have done half as well had Andrew not been on stage with her imo (Although I still think we'd have been Top 3 if we'd sent the twins, the harmonies added something different to the song but Andrew was clearly pimping Jade from the start that year)

I think Jade would have done even better if she hadn't been smacked in the face by a violin though! Rofl :D I'll never forget that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if we will get some kind of update into how things are going with the BBC's search soon
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Karen Harding? She's currently #6 on iTunes with her new song - Say Something - and she auditioned for Eurovision in 2010 on Your Country Needs You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaylIv1_pyE