Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is not out until early Nov is there any chance there will be a UK & Ireland tour this year? If BM does really well they could perhaps reschedule the North America tour and give it a different name. Or just wait and do a full, international 'Get Weird Tour' in 2016. Here's hoping they don't have to rush out the 4th album.

They already said they were touring early 2016. There's no chance they could tour this year, they need a good few months build up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people ALWAYS have to leak things. Ffs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Uh... I kinda like the title personally, feels like something a jam rock group would name their album, but I'm a bit concerned how the general pop-buying population will receive it. At least it gets your attention I guess!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The second single is going to be called Get Weird. Book it.

DNA all over again. :p The cover is funky and fresh. Loving it.
  • itsstephitssteph Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Nissl wrote: »
    Uh... I kinda like the title personally, feels like something a jam rock group would name their album, but I'm a bit concerned how the general pop-buying population will receive it. At least it gets your attention I guess!

LMFAO and Ke$ha dominated pop with a similar aesthetic before.

I think the girls will be fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »

Oh please explain? Curious to know what you mean.:)
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldu wrote: »
    Having listened to every track from both DNA and SALUTE I agree that 75% of the background singing or chorus is predominantly made of a blend of Leigh-Ann and Jade.

Probably because they mostly hold the melody of the songs and that their vocals are quite similar so when they're together they come out as overpowering.

This is pretty much how Eliot Kennedy set up their arrangements during XF and I agree, Jade and Leigh are sort of the body and Perrie and Jesy provide the outliers, even though they all get to take turn doing ad-libs. Its refreshing that unlike groups of yesteryear where they had one vocalist doing the demos and most of the track, its vocally democratic with this group.

I think its also a reason why people who are so conditioned that one member has to be the lead are critical of LM members not being standouts, because they really are a "group" like a choir is a group. LM are different.

As far as the album title and cover, I await KUWLM to verify it.
  • Regina_PhalangeRegina_Phalange Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can imagine a song called Get Weird. It basically goes "get weird" and then there is a dnace beat. LOL. Good for a rave.
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as the album title and cover, I await KUWLM to verify it.

We won't be posting anything about it until the girls confirm it (especially after the backlash we got for the single artwork!).

It does sound legitimate though, a Japanese website leaked the information regarding the album.

I'm not sure how I feel about it? I feel that the official artwork they've released has been poorer as opposed to the promotional pictures.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh crap it is real.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Get-Weird-Little-Mix/dp/B011LNVGMA/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1R83P7E3V4EY88GG4WN3

See Ashley, no leak.

I want them to be bold and daring and not sit on a couch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh darn! I don't know what to think now. I'm indecisive.

It's very punk-rock isn't it?
  • DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can imagine a song called Get Weird. It basically goes "get weird" and then there is a dnace beat. LOL. Good for a rave.

I thought the exact same thing! Have you heard Janet Jackson Free xone? Something like that would be cool
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls just confirmed it

https://www.facebook.com/LittleMixOfficial/posts/668911419877233

They're on top of these "leaks"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fixed the link to be direct. Hmmm well I like the photo actually (Jesy and Leigh <3) but will someone not keep breaking Jade's neck for album covers? I like that its a setting and not a typical group shot against a blank background.
    DreC wrote: »
    Girls just confirmed it

https://www.facebook.com/LittleMixOfficial/posts/668911419877233

There's on top of these "leaks"

Little Mix added 2 new photos.
    4 mins ·

Well...it’s happened again!! We were getting ready to reveal all the details about our third album to you tomorrow and someone beat us to it! This doesn’t change the fact that you guys have been so patient and amazing waiting for this so now is as good a time as any to let you know that the wait is NEARLY over!

Mixers...we give you our brand new album “Get Weird” which will be available to pre-order at midnight BST on Thursday 16th July (14th August US & Canada) and out on 6th November. We CANNOT WAIT for you to see and hear from "Get Weird". We are so proud of this and hope you LOVE it. The Girls ❤
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same as the single cover never leaked either. It was sent out to Shazam.

Maybe LM's team should learn to release the artwork before sending it out to third parties.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same as the single cover never leaked either. It was sent out to Shazam.

Maybe LM's team should learn to release the artwork before sending it out to third parties.

Hey they just learned how to promote them, so let's not get them confused already.

I like the photo used with the yellow type version better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    I can deal with the first cover, actually the second cover is fine too, but that title name though...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it's a shame it's the standard edition I want that one instead
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Is it me or does Leigh-Anne look a bit like Nicki Minaj in the deluxe album cover?

I hope I can still count on the official website for offering signed album pre-orders. Always get one of those.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    The album title is better than DNA, worse than Salute.

They all look great on it. The photos are a real step up from Salute era. I feel like they could've done something more interesting with the design though. It looks like single cover art... but I'm happy with it. Glad Jesy's hair is down.

I feel like Jesy and Leigh are too 'sexy' for the standard edition but and Perrie and Jade are a bit too 'cute' for the deluxe but I am loving the individuality on display.
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nearly 4 month pre-order time eesh. Why do we have to wait all the time. We better get a good 2nd single by end of September, the shoot in the school sports hall intrigued me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The more I sit with the title the more I like it. Cheeky to do something that fun.

I'm sure there are things I could pick on with the artwork, but overall I think it looks good and works for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They shot both the Black Magic and the Get Weird album cover art at Break Room 86 in LA.
    http://blog.deasypenner.com/2015/04/break-room-86-las-best-new-80s-bar.html

Totally 80's!

Did they sneak out to LA before the video shoots end of April? Because Leigh was in braids for that one.
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmpf!!

Like the Cover photos - Not so sure about the title - and certainly not the green version...

I'll have to get, though as I want the Deluxe......

(I have a concern that the title could attract the wrong type of interest / comment??)

Still, it's a lot better than 'Grown' imo.^_^
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if the album is out Friday November 6th, a single (for the UK at least) will be out Friday October 23/30? So an X Factor performance around then too.
This discussion has been closed.