Come on Bob_Cat any news??

2»

Comments

• bampsambampsam Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have been happy with the box until I had my first failed recording-Yellowstone-which I cannot find a repeat. My Sky HD box has never failed to record, so come on Humax!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Is it just me? - I've had the HDR since the first week it was released. I'm on one LNB feed which has meant I can't easily update the software, but can't say I really need to.

I can delete whilst recording (and have done hundreds of times without a problem), and I've never missed a single recording. I'm totally happy with the box - it's only limitations are due to my single LNB feed, and I'm impressed with how well it deals with that.

My only gripe is that I can't copy HD material onto a USB device. Then again, Sky+ can't even copy SD stuff (but I wouldn't pay the extortionate Sky fees anyway).

Anyone reading these posts would think that the box is a waste of money and full of bugs, but my experience is that is just not the case. No doubt there are those who will question the price, but it's still better value for money than Sky, and it's more useful if you want to keep anything you record.

Humax ROCKS!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I can delete whilst recording (and have done hundreds of times without a problem)

This must be firmware 1.00 or 1.01? With 1.02 deleting while recording or deleting while watching a recording, is simply not possible :cry:
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wjharing wrote: »
    This must be firmware 1.00 or 1.01? With 1.02 deleting while recording or deleting while watching a recording, is simply not possible :cry:

Yes because he has always used the stb with one cable he never got the automatic firmware upgrade. Later boxes come with a firmware fix that allows upgrading using one cable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    bampsam wrote: »
    Have been happy with the box until I had my first failed recording-Yellowstone-which I cannot find a repeat. My Sky HD box has never failed to record, so come on Humax!
    That failed for me too and was also my first failed recording.

Anyone any idea why that recording failed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That failed for me too and was also my first failed recording.

Anyone any idea why that recording failed?

It's a real mystery, incidentally Sky HD owners are reporting the same failure.
    Forum Member
    wjharing wrote: »

Yes, it says it's 1.00.01

I'm not in any hurry to "upgrade" I'm quite happy the way it is.

Strange though, they've been so slow to provide an update to put right something they had got right in the first place
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it says it's 1.00.01

I'm not in any hurry to "upgrade" I'm quite happy the way it is.

Strange though, they've been so slow to provide an update to put right something they had got right in the first place

We were lead to believe that Humax found a potential disc corruption problem in allowing deletion during recording. A quick fix solution was to simply not allow deletion. You clearly have not come across this so may be it's a very rare combination of circumstances that causes the bug to surface.
    Forum Member
    We were lead to believe that Humax found a potential disc corruption problem in allowing deletion during recording. A quick fix solution was to simply not allow deletion. You clearly have not come across this so may be it's a very rare combination of circumstances that causes the bug to surface.

Oh!

Maybe I'll refrain from deleting whilst recording from now on. Just to be on the safe side.

Ok, I'll join in with the chant ... Come on Bob_Cat any news??
  • ACS651ACS651 Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    bampsam wrote: »

This is my only failure so far too.
    With people saying it also failed with Sky HD boxes I would put that one down to a failure with the broadcasters instead of dodgy HD boxes.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Yellowstone recorded okay here! Strange that for some it failed, could be due to any number of reasons. Anyway, I'm sure it'll be re-shown again soon as the beeb are good at repeats!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    when I spoke to Humax support they advised a May 09 firmware update and I think something later in the year. Hope this helps
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Blotch wrote: »
    Yellowstone recorded okay here! Strange that for some it failed, could be due to any number of reasons. Anyway, I'm sure it'll be re-shown again soon as the beeb are good at repeats!

did you get a power cut - that would do it (o; see the other thread going on at the moment...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I love my hummy with the SW version it has now. The ability to FF more than 12X unlike my Sky+HD which will never do more than this is one of the many ways it is superior.

How long was it after Sky+HD came out were any major issues fixed?

My only issue is that despite having dual LNB feeds I cannot record from two different transponders which means the missus still hogs the Thompson...and the deletion speed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnwomble wrote: »
    My only issue is that despite having dual LNB feeds I cannot record from two different transponders ....

You have a problem somewhere. Did you originally install it with only one feed? If so, it needs a Factory Reset after connecting the second feed before it will discover it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I have had my Foxsat HDR for a couple of weeks now and am very happy with it. This is my first experince with Satelite (not a great RM fan and object to having to pay a lot a month for the TV I want to watch). Also having been using a Top Up TV PVR for the last couple of years I am still getting used to the delight of no hangs, no missed recordings, fast forward that works (though TUTV seem to have just fixed that), etv.

I certainly prefer the stance of Humax of not to release buggy software (even though the latest release from TUTV is better than previous ones it still has a lot of bugs in it as can be seen from their forum).

I am also already getting to love some of the other features of this box. The ability to simply copy recorded programmes off to a memory stick and play them on a laptop is a dream! Now my train journey to/from work gets occupied by me watching the TV I would otherwise miss.

The one new feature that has been spoken about that would just crown this glory is the ability to replay BBC iPlayer programes on it.

The only other one, but not really a necessity, would be the ability to edit programmes (chop out ads and the pre and post trailers).

Overall love the Foxsat box and, sorry TUTV, my subscrpition to that is probably going to end soon (will probably keep the box for the Freeview programmes that are not on Freesat though).
  • mwardymwardy Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ability to simply copy recorded programmes off to a memory stick and play them on a laptop is a dream! Now my train journey to/from work gets occupied by me watching the TV I would otherwise miss.

That all comes to a grinding halt with HD. Which is probably only a minor inconvenience now, for you. But one day it will be the norm, so adios train TV.

It's ironic that FTA TV channels spend so much time, worry and money trying to brand themselves when, in the HD universe, they will be actively opting out of the exposure they would get if they remained platform neutral.

Is this a distributor/channel issue I see looming? Oh yes. :D
  • GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnwomble wrote: »
    My only issue is that despite having dual LNB feeds I cannot record from two different transponders which means the missus still hogs the Thompson...and the deletion speed
    awo1949 wrote: »
    You have a problem somewhere. Did you originally install it with only one feed? If so, it needs a Factory Reset after connecting the second feed before it will discover it.

Alternatively press the Menu button scroll down to Set up then across to Freesat tune but don't press ok. Then key in red green yellow blue green yellow blue ( or :mad::D:):(:D:):( ) ignoring the no entry icon, select antenna setting then connection type and set at "Two Cables (same)"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alternatively press the Menu button scroll down to Set up then across to Freesat tune but don't press ok. Then key in red green yellow blue green yellow blue ( or :mad::D:):(:D:):( ) ignoring the no entry icon, select antenna setting then connection type and set at "Two Cables (same)"

Loved the imaginative use of the emoticons :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Thanks, that seems to be working for the multiple recordings, I had originally connected my second LNB feed to the loopthrough by mistake, and my first test install was on a single LNB setup in work.

Should have asked for help earlier...

:D