Medium from the start --- no spoilers, please!

TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
Forum Member
Watching Medium for the first ever time, so anyone who is similarly engaged, and wishes to discuss this great show, please post!
Veterans welcome too, just please don't post any spoiler-oos! :)

Comments

• LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really good show. One of my favourite episodes ever is in late season one, so you should be coming up to that soon, if you haven't seen it already.
  • TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    One of the images that really resonated with me was from the pilot, when she landed in Texas and there were, what, SIX or SEVEN Texas Ranger SUVs waiting to meet her, each with a tough TR standing beside it looking really mean! Now THAT's impact!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    When reading through a thread about seaon 4 Ghost Whisperer I came across a posting advocating Medium.As luck would have it, this was on Saturday and Living were showing Season 1 from the start in blocks of 4 episodes.We taped them and have watched the first 3.We have been really impressed,the acting is first class,the plot is easy to follow and characters such as Alison and her Husband are very likeable.I do not mind admitting my wife and I are addicted already and cant't believe we let the series 'slip through the net' so to speak first time around.
    Forum Member
    Yep, that was my post! :) Felt exactly the same. I watch GW and avoided Medoum, thinking the one was a ripoff of the other, but when I lost faith in GW's stupid season 4 storyline, I jumped over, like you, to Medium (someone kindly advised me they were beginning from ep 1 season 1, and like you, I have so far been pretty much blown away by it. I also can't believe I let this by.

On the plus side, though, there are now 4 whole seasons to catch up on, with a fifth beginning in September! :D
  • gaz141gaz141 Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i posted on a thread a few weeks back on how i started watching medium only in the last 6 weeks or so, i had caught the odd episode, but was never a fan as I thought for some strange reason it was the poor relation of GW until I bought boxset of season 1 in hmv sale and hooked me in and have now seen all seen all 5 seasons, and can't wait for season 6 to start.

Now I'm going to start again with season 1 to really watch it and take it all in.
  • currykevcurrykev Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simply put....
    Heroes...gave up
    Lost...I dip in and out (but mostly in)
    Medium...perfect tv.
    Enjoy Patricia and the family.:)

PS...I can also recommend "Huff" for perfect adult tv too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so so pleased to see so many new fans enjoying this wonderful show!
    Have been a fan for a couple seasons now and god its just wonderful viewing.
    Great great show.
    Welcome and I look forward to the discussions here!
    Forum Member
    Yep, lost patience with Heroes a long time ago too.
    If we're talking recommendations, may I suggest the rather excellent "Sons of Anarchy", sadly just finished on Bravo, and also the wonderful "Supernatural"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad you have discovered Medium. It's a shame lots of people have missed out on it probably due to it being shown at a crap time slot on TV
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another great show to watch would be Sky Ones 'Lie to Me' just 12 episodes this season but its awesome.
    Forum Member
    magser wrote: »
    Another great show to watch would be Sky Ones 'Lie to Me' just 12 episodes this season but its awesome.

I agree.. I thought it was great
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    You'll see, if you trawl through my old posts, I champion this show all the time as it truly is one of the best things to come out of the US in years. I have to admit to a twinge of jealousy that you are getting to watch them all, 5 years worth, from scratch, from a brand new perspective!

I guarantee you will love this show. The plots are continually astounding and told in creative and inventive ways. Even now, I still cant listen to "I WILL SURVIVE" without thinking of Medium...

Every actor in the Dubois family is perfectly cast, I love that little family (and the "hot" factor in the series is appeased for me by David Cubitt!)

Enjoy the ride!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

I found Medium by accident somewhere through season 2, and am also a fan of GW. I like to think of the dubois family as more real than melinda and her soft focus perfect little town (well apart from the fact it seems to have the gates to the other side underneath!). Alison and joe have a normal house and family squabbles, and everything else in between, oh yeah and a few ghosts!!

I can't remember seeing PA in anything before and have been impressed by her natural-ness. I read somewhere the guy who acts joe is from the UK. I also read that the Grandview set was the town square in back to the future!!

I plan to watch series one each saturday now, but missed the first 4 last week, does anyone know if they're on thru night or anything?

;)
    Forum Member
    I don't see them repeating them, as they're doing four a weekend, but you never know. At least, from what I've seen, missing the first four shouldn't be a major problem, as there didn't seem to be any major things setup in eps 1-4, that I saw anyway.
    Apart from the fact that Alison gets visions that usually come true, of course.
    And that her daughter seems to have her ability too...
    Forum Member
    I do think the first 4 set up the story well though. Like how she got her job with the DA. Also the Texas Ranger appears again later on so if there is any way to see the first one (cough..torrents..cough) then you should
    Forum Member
    Oh you should, certainly! I'm jsut saying it's not like you can't watch the rest until you see the first four! But like everything, if you can, best to try to get in on the ground floor...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    thanks guys, i'll have a look for any "info" on the web, i love medium despite not seeing the first season and most of the second.

;)
  • hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trollheart wrote: »
    Re Medium: thanks all of you who suggested/supported it. I watched the first 4 eps at the weekend and I'm now totally hooked! Sky-plussed for this weekend, another four.
    I almost never go into a series halfway, so I was glad to get the opportunity to start from the beginning, think I'll enjoy it all the more.
    One question though: where have I seen her husband before??

Quoted your post to say he has been in quite a few films, but he reminds me of Hammy from Top Gear.
  • daznov11daznov11 Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I've never saw the show and will watch from tonight so I've missed 4 episodes s o could someone do a small summary so I can watch tonight, thanks.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen this thread also and like above missed obviously last 4 episodes. Do you think we will be able to follow it ok ??

Jumped on to my Virgin TV choice but weirdly they have eps 9-12 on it (I think it is) so have we missed more than 4 then? or was some other channels showing it previously and this is where my TV choice is getting it from ??

think i might try to acquire the 1st 4 by other means.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Just seen this thread also and like above missed obviously last 4 episodes. Do you think we will be able to follow it ok ??

Jumped on to my Virgin TV choice but weirdly they have eps 9-12 on it (I think it is) so have we missed more than 4 then? or was some other channels showing it previously and this is where my TV choice is getting it from ??

think i might try to acquire the 1st 4 by other means.

I'm not sure but tonight on Living they're showing 5 - 9 tonight and 1 -4 was last week.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daznov11 wrote: »
    I'm not sure but tonight on Living they're showing 5 - 9 tonight and 1 -4 was last week.

yeah, have since checked out the schedule and as you say its definitely 5-9 tonight. i have them now set to record.

I'm working on getting 1-4. Who knows, might end up not liking it LOL

i NEED a new decent series to follow and thinking if the USA have let it run on through 5 series is it?? then it cant be all bad as they will pan a programme in an instant if ratings fall.
  • hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The basic set up. Nothing hugely spoilery, but a sense of where things are at that point in the show.

Alison, Interning with the DAs office working towards becoming a lawyer. Also has visions premonitions. She comes to realise that these will stop her from working effectively as a lawyer, because she often knows her clients are lying to her, or witnesses are.
    At the same time in an attempt to lovingly debunk her dreams as visions her husband has noted them down and sends them of to all the relevant police forces. He tells her that when she gets no replies she can relax and her dreams are just dreams.

The Texas Rangers send a plane for her and she works with them to resolve a case of theirs.

She decides to resign from her internship and tells the DA the reason why. After some hesitation he seeks to use her "Talents" as a consultant for the DA's office for jury selection and interviewing witnesses. He offers her the job on condition she does not reveal the nature of her speciality to anyone.

The show progresses from there as she seeks to learn how to interpret her dreams, and s help the DA solve crimes. All this while she balances marriage and three young children, three girls. The older two show signs of her gift too! I will say they are the most realistically portrayed couple I can recall seeing on TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hugsie wrote: »
    The basic set up. Nothing hugely spoilery, but a sense of where things are at that point in the show.

Alison, Interning with the DAs office working towards becoming a lawyer. Also has visions premonitions. She comes to realise that these will stop her from working effectively as a lawyer, because she often knows her clients are lying to her, or witnesses are.
    At the same time in an attempt to lovingly debunk her dreams as visions her husband has noted them down and sends them of to all the relevant police forces. He tells her that when she gets no replies she can relax and her dreams are just dreams.

The Texas Rangers send a plane for her and she works with them to resolve a case of theirs.

She decides to resign from her internship and tells the DA the reason why. After some hesitation he seeks to use her "Talents" as a consultant for the DA's office for jury selection and interviewing witnesses. He offers her the job on condition she does not reveal the nature of her speciality to anyone.

The show progresses from there as she seeks to learn how to interpret her dreams, and s help the DA solve crimes. All this while she balances marriage and three young children, three girls. The older two show signs of her gift too! I will say they are the most realistically portrayed couple I can recall seeing on TV.
    Ok thank for that, it should help guide me through the episodes tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is an excellent series guys, you should have no problems following it tonight and I am pretty sure you are going to love it.
    I am so pleased to see so many newcomers to this wonderful series.