Options

Another gay-free X-Factor....*sniggers*

Pink_PounderPink_Pounder Posts: 13,168
Forum Member
✭✭
HA...

...scuse me..

Why is it every year there are always one or two people who are evidently homosexual yet they do their very, very best to hide it?

Aiden's clearly, despite the 'intensity' thing that he plays up to, is very camp. That little 'bust a move' thing he does during his Dermot interview sometimes was hilarious. Last night Konnie mentioned during the Xtra-Factor that "all the girls" would be interested in him and he gave a nervous smile...

..then when she asked who he wanted to win he said something like.."Matt, because he's so fit..." and Konnie interrupted with something about "oh...yes..because he's you're mate.."

Almost as if the 'gay alarm' went off in the production room and they scrambled to alert her in her ear piece to cover it up.

Of course we're all forgetting Diva Fever but had they lasted longer than they had no doubt Simon or one of the others would have made one of their "You'll have no problems with the ladies after that performance guys" - comments.

I know it's an old topic but EVERY year even those who are so obviously gay are forced to hide it. Whether that means changing the lyrics of the song to "her" from "him" or other ways like outlined above.

People will say its 2010 and it "doesn't matter" but clearly it DOES to the producers which is why in the history of UK talent shows involving Cowell, not one person (to my knowledge) has ever been out as a gay or lesbian performer. In itself that's fine but why all the pretense as if to deliberately cover it up?

Comments

• Options
    wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HA...

...scuse me..

Why is it every year there are always one or two people who are evidently homosexual yet they do their very, very best to hide it?

Aiden's clearly, despite the 'intensity' thing that he plays up to, is very camp. That little 'bust a move' thing he does during his Dermot interview sometimes was hilarious. Last night Konnie mentioned during the Xtra-Factor that "all the girls" would be interested in him and he gave a nervous smile...

..then when she asked who he wanted to win he said something like.."Matt, because he's so fit..." and Konnie interrupted with something about "oh...yes..because he's you're mate.."

Almost as if the 'gay alarm' went off in the production room and they scrambled to alert her in her ear piece to cover it up.

Of course we're all forgetting Diva Fever but had they lasted longer than they had no doubt Simon or one of the others would have made one of their "You'll have no problems with the ladies after that performance guys" - comments.

I know it's an old topic but EVERY year even those who are so obviously gay are forced to hide it. Whether that means changing the lyrics of the song to "her" from "him" or other ways like outlined above.

People will say its 2010 and it "doesn't matter" but clearly it DOES to the producers which is why in the history of UK talent shows involving Cowell, not one person (to my knowledge) has ever been out as a gay or lesbian performer. In itself that's fine but why all the pretense as if to deliberately cover it up?

Aiden hasn't come out...yet. Don't think he is ready to, but it might have helped him if he had done so.

There is an ex girl friend around. Remember he is just 18 and just finding his feet.

Like you my gaydar has been going into overdrive with Aiden.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's a homosexual dear? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ardwark wrote: »
    What's a homosexual dear? :confused:

Anything above £60 an hour.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    I knew Aiden was gay the first time I saw him :D not that it matters. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything above £60 an hour.

PMSL :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wallster wrote: »
    Aiden hasn't come out...yet. Don't think he is ready to, but it might have helped him if he had done so.

There is an ex girl friend around. Remember he is just 18 and just finding his feet.

It so reminds me of the Joe McElderry thing from last year. I remember leaks that he was 'dating' a fellow female contestant, no doubt to prevent the horses from being scared if anyone twigged onto the blindly obvious fact that he was gay.

I dunno, it just seemed the whole 'quick cover up' thing on Xtra-Factor really annoyed me. If he said Matt was fit and it was a joke, why not just laugh it off or say "I agree"...rather than the whole 'oh sh**, lets pretend he meant 'as a mate' and move on before people snag'...thing.

There are too many closet cases on the show as it is, lets be honest and the whole 'it doesn't matter' thing clearly does as they (Simon and the production team) go out of their way to hide it whether it means making comments about "oooh you'll have your pick of the girls" or releasing rubbish 'romance' stories.

It's offensive, really.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with you. He's only 18. Even these days that's still young to come to terms with who you are or might be.

I don't think the programme does cover up obvious gays but with kids who are barely out of school it isn't for the X Factor to put them on the spot and push them into an unreversable coming out process. It's hard enough to come out to your family let alone 16 million people while you're very stressed in a public competition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I don't think Aiden is gay ...I might be wrong ...but I don't think so
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It so reminds me of the Joe McElderry thing from last year. I remember leaks that he was 'dating' a fellow female contestant, no doubt to prevent the horses from being scared if anyone twigged onto the blindly obvious fact that he was gay.

I dunno, it just seemed the whole 'quick cover up' thing on Xtra-Factor really annoyed me. If he said Matt was fit and it was a joke, why not just laugh it off or say "I agree"...rather than the whole 'oh sh**, lets pretend he meant 'as a mate' and move on before people snag'...thing.

There are too many closet cases on the show as it is, lets be honest and the whole 'it doesn't matter' thing clearly does as they (Simon and the production team) go out of their way to hide it whether it means making comments about "oooh you'll have your pick of the girls" or releasing rubbish 'romance' stories.

It's offensive, really.

Well it is Simon's show and maybe he prefers people to stay in the closet ;)

We did have openly gay Diva Fever, but they didn't last...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duncann wrote: »
    I agree with you. He's only 18. Even these days that's still young to come to terms with who you are or might be.

I don't think the programme does cover up obvious gays but with kids who are barely out of school it isn't for the X Factor to put them on the spot and push them into an unreversable coming out process. It's hard enough to come out to your family let alone 16 million people while you're very stressed in a public competition.

That's fine but why aren't they concerned with pushing stories about various male HMs not out of school long ago, bonking like rabbits?

I don't get why one is 'understandably' covered up whilst the other is practically shoved in our faces.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzamac2 wrote: »

Perhaps you didn't think Joe McElderry was gay too...:D
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forget whether he's gay...another thread now has him somehwere on the autistic spectrum
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's fine but why aren't they concerned with pushing stories about various male HMs not out of school long ago, bonking like rabbits?

I don't get why one is 'understandably' covered up whilst the other is practically shoved in our faces.

There hasn't been anything shoved in my face :(
  • Options
    astoundedastounded Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He may well be gay or bisexual and possibly even straight (we really can't be certain which one, though yeah he might be gay), but the "fit" comment was a joke. He's said stuff like that before, and nobody desperate to hide theiur sexuality would say such a thing, he is clearly wasn't a slip up or anything of that nature.

I'd say there's more than one person who's gay but not out this year. As for why such people enter the show. Well, in general I'd say that the show and showbusiness in general is quite accepting of gay people compared to many other areas of life, an thus it appeals. That doesn't follow that people will immediately want to be totally open about their private life though. Danyl was out as bi, so I'm not sure that your point is totally true. Granted he may he gay anyway (I don't know), but he was out as something other than heterosexual during the shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it is Simon's show and maybe he prefers people to stay in the closet ;)

We did have openly gay Diva Fever, but they didn't last...

Was their 'gayness' ever mentioned?

I don't remember too many 'You'll have your pick of the boys' comments from the judges that seem to be ordinarily almost common place on the show.

Obviously they didn't hide it but...I dunno..if they were two straight lads and rather than boys in hotpants they had women in bikinis as backing dancers, I suspect we'd all be told how appealing to sexy women they now were...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forget whether he's gay...another thread now has him somehwere on the autistic spectrum
    :D:D:D

All gays are autistic spectrum. That's why they have the rainbow flag as an emblem.

Oh! :o aUtistic. :o
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    mazzamac2 wrote: »

Yeh, like Paije is straight too;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

It's offensive, really.

Totally agree with you, it shouldn't matter about the contestants' sexuality. I don't know if Aiden's gay but I do know Diva Fever were treated shabbily by the Dark Lord Cowell the minute they stepped up for their audition because they didn't hide it. They tried to sing a serious song and he stopped them after 2 seconds to have them conform to the stereotype (sing a gay anthem).

Then they had to sing that god-awful Barbra Streisand shite and jump about on stage like they had ants in their pants. Meanwhile, One Dimension are given better songs, better production and hyped up to be a bunch of rampant straight guys. But I'm sure (at least) one of them is gay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest it's not so much the not wanting to 'come out' thing that annoys me its the "oh my God people are cottoning onto the fact he's gay, quick, print a story pretending he's dating another contestant" thing that bugs me like Joe last year.

That combined with the "oh, nobody on the show cares if you're gay" response is really annoying.

More galling by the fact that SIMON COWELL is the one in charge of the whole thing. I mean really, that's like being told by Joan Rivers that she's never had plastic surgery but it wouldn't matter if she did anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meanwhile, One Dimension are given better songs, better production and hyped up to be a bunch of rampant straight guys. But I'm sure (at least) one of them is gay.

Don;t name which one or else 'Non-Gay member of One Direction has passionate sex with FEMALE make-up artist from show who doesn't even have a penis so there!!' - story will be released.
  • Options
    astoundedastounded Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest it's not so much the not wanting to 'come out' thing that annoys me its the "oh my God people are cottoning onto the fact he's gay, quick, print a story pretending he's dating another contestant" thing that bugs me like Joe last year.

That combined with the "oh, nobody on the show cares if you're gay" response is really annoying.

More galling by the fact that SIMON COWELL is the one in charge of the whole thing. I mean really, that's like being told by Joan Rivers that she's never had plastic surgery but it wouldn't matter if she did anyway.

Yes, that's likely Cowells doing most of the time. Being out probably damages record sales to some extent (unfortunately) and Cowell being primarily a business man, because want that to happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paije was talking about how he likes America because of the "fast cars" and "fast women" (and fast food of course. ;)) on Xtra Factor a few weeks ago, despite being clearly RAVING.

Diva Fever of course were openly gay and no bones were made about their sexuality, but that's because they were as camp as a row of tents. The "okay" obvious gay that's okay for television.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tischlampe wrote: »
    Paije was talking about how he likes America because of the "fast cars" and "fast women" (and fast food of course. ;)) on Xtra Factor a few weeks ago, despite being clearly RAVING.

Diva Fever of course were openly gay and no bones were made about their sexuality, but that's because they were as camp as a row of tents. The "okay" obvious gay that's okay for television.

As I've said before, naming these people still in the show just means that Cowell and Clifford will be on PR overdrive.

Young Paige will now spend the rest of the week involved in a love triangle with a female dancer and one of the other one's from Girls Aloud.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don;t name which one or else 'Non-Gay member of One Direction has passionate sex with FEMALE make-up artist from show who doesn't even have a penis so there!!' - story will be released.

Apparently the machine is now in full effect. Bizzare...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a287715/x-factor-hopefuls-at-it-like-rabbits.html

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a287651/cardle-grimshaw-warned-against-pulling.html

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a287651/cardle-grimshaw-warned-against-pulling.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tischlampe wrote: »

My gaydar's not working with Paije, but it may be faulty. I think he may be "a straight" :D Time will tell.