Options

Have you ever seen/met a celeb while on holiday?

PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
Forum Member
I once met an actor called Bill Paterson while staying at a scottish hotel.He was very chatty asking other less famous guests who performed a show at a glasgow theatre how their evening went.

Comments

• Options
    confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy Speed from EE and The Bill stayed at the same hotel as me in Cuba about 9yrs ago. she was there pretty much the same length of time as me and i kept seeing her around the pool and in the bar etc, she never looked particularly smiley despite being with quite a nice looking black bloke.
  • Options
    Stella1971Stella1971 Posts: 691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sheree Murphy, last week in Dubai, got in our lift and her mum leant against the floor buttons so we stopped at every stage from the 12th down. She was very apologetic though.
  • Options
    Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Phixx and some Nickelodeon presenters in Butlins years ago :p

Unfortunately thats as good as it gets :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    Uma Thurman whist on holiday in NYC(we saw her with her 2 children in Central Park):)
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once met an actor called Bill Paterson while staying at a scottish hotel.He was very chatty asking other less famous guests who performed a show at a glasgow theatre how their evening went.

Ooh, I like Bill Paterson. Good actor, and seems like a nice bloke.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boxer Nigel Benn in Cyprus in 1997.

He had just retired from boxing and was doing a DJ set on the island. I literally walked into the back of him.

He.is.massive!
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 6,885
    Forum Member
    Anthony Hopkins and his wife sat at the next table to ours in the hotel we were staying at in Barbados.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When take that were around in the 90s I saw Gary Barlow in San Francisco.

My parents and I walked past Anthony Edwards in central park in new york, I didn't notice him but my parents were big ER fans so were quite excited. We all loved Dr Green!

Never met any though, I never feel right disturbing people if they're going about their day.
  • Options
    Platinum BobPlatinum Bob Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I bumped into singer Maxi Priest in a Nike store in Chicago back in '99.

He was very friendly and chatty...and his girlfriend was gorgeous! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't but my friend was in the same taverna as Johnny Depp and his family in Kefalonia. She said they were completely inconspicuous. There was no enterage, no bodyguards and they were just a normal family having dinner.
  • Options
    My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Bradley Cooper in a restaurant in New York.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin Kennedy who played Curly Watts in Coronation Street sat on a table next to us in a cafe in Marbella. Was close to passing out with excitement!;)
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Bernard Cribbins (of Dr Who and Carry On films) at the Central Station Newcastle about 10 years ago, when I was a student. :)

It wasn't exactly a holiday, but I was away from home. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My parents met Bob Hope years ago while holidaying in Florida.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dermot O'Leary on a Ryanair flight to Pau, Pyrenees. He is tiny;)
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    My boyfriend met Jordan (when she was Jordan and not the re branded good married woman Katie Price) in a club in Faliraki years ago- he didnt do anything though :D
  • Options
    Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elton John and his now husband in California back in 2000. He walked straight past us, not even acknowledging the fact we tried talking to him.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actor Richard Wilson at The Louvre in Paris a few years ago.
    No, I did not go up to him and say "I don't believe it!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many years ago went ski-ing to Austria and Ian Hislop was in the queue at the airport. Then he got on the same transfer coach and yep stayed in the same hotel. He was with his family and one afternoon, while at the kids tea his kids threw a total strop HAH ! Later saw his kids in the street and took their picture. Does this make me a stalker :confused::eek:

Oh and on the Monday night there was some sort of audience participation/improv entertainment... Ian was nowhere to be seen :( Chicken :eek:
  • Options
    seal bseal b Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw Jordan and Peter Andre when they were together (Princess had just been born) in Disney Land Paris. Both are very small and very orange!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I'd love to say something like seeing Madonna jogging in central park back in the 80's it's sadly no true.

No celebrity encounters for me but some here sound very interesting :P
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam Heart Davis (the science man) in Corfu! He was dressed in an indian smock shirt, like you would hope an eccentric scientist would wear.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My aunt and I saw Julie Walters in a tearoom in Jersey. She was with a young woman, maybe her daughter. My aunt's a big fan and was trying to tell JW how brilliant she is but JW was having none of it! She was really down to earth and lovely, and she recommended a nice restaurant for dinner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,048
    Forum Member
    Elle MacPherson at Sydney airport.

All the Spitting Image/Who Dares Wins and alternative comedy stars of the time skiing in Megeve, then oddly the exact same group the following year in Courcheval (John Lloyd, John Sessions, Angus Deyton, Jimmy Mulville, Lisa Mayer who wrote The Young Ones with Ben Elton).

Alicia Dixon in Puerto Banus.

Don Johnson in San Francisco.

Kelly Hoppen (famous Interior Designer) at Babington House.

Kenny Gamble (Gamble & Huff, famous music producers) in Philadelphia.

Billy Paul (Me & Mrs Jones fame) also in Philadelphia

Lulu in Rainbow Room in New York with ex husband John Frieda

Hugh Grant in the Cotswolds, at a cricket match with Jemima Khan
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I once saw the late, great actor Michael Gough, on a clifftop walk with his wife in Cornwall. I was always a great fan of his horror work and wanted to tell him so, but didn't want to disturb him. Now he's gone, I wish I had.

And one evening, also in Cornwall but a different year, my Mum and Dad were talking for ages to a very interesting man who knew a lot about animals and was making a huge fuss of our dog. I wish I'd joined in more, instead of messing about with whatever I was doing, because we later found out that it was Gerald Durrell.