Pop star in a coffee shop

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    My mum thought she saw David Essex in a pub a few months ago. He wasn't sitting too far away from her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just only me that doesn't give a flying whether the establishment I happen to be in is also frequented by somebody that happens to be on the radio/TV?
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    1MJ1 wrote: »
    Is it just only me that doesn't give a flying whether the establishment I happen to be in is also frequented by somebody that happens to be on the radio/TV?

Probably, but they also probably won't bother reading or posting on the thread, it works that way with lots of subjects that don't interest/affect people.

It's a light hearted, random aside type thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I seen, brace yourselves for this celebrity now, Preston from the Ordinary Boys outside a Burger King in Brighton once.
  • Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what if i arrange a few mugshots? might that help?

i really want to know now:D

Lol, I bet it was Julie Goodyear (Bet Lynch)! :D:D
  • FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to bump into the Caleb from KOL. Or Jared Leto. Oh yes. I need to sit down a sec.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gregor Fisher (Rab c Nesbitt) filling his car up at a garage in Langholm.
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Here is a pop star filmed in a coffee shop (at 4 mins 20 secs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=W1Gqn920wVQ#t=255

I wasn't sure wither to post or not, I was Torn.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    I sat next to Charlotte Coleman in the waiting room of an eating disorders clinic once
  • FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh we're saying who we've seen? I've got a long list because of my job. But I'll tell you who is totally lovely. Katy Perry. Sweet happy to speak to anyone and everyone. Signed autographs for about half an hour didn't have a scrap of make up on as she had come for a wig fitting and cast of her face.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member
    1MJ1 wrote: »

No, but that's not the issue here.
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man that plays Eric Pollard in Emmerdale. He was in a cafe in Glasgow town centre. Looked a right grumpy sod!
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    A few years ago I was on an InterCity train sitting opposite a middle aged woman.

Every few minutes someone would come up to her to ask for her autograph. Eventually she asked me if I'd like her autograph.

Me: "I'm sorry, I haven't a clue who you are."
    Her: "Well, I play xxxx in Coronation Street."
    Me: "Sorry. Never watch it. I don't watch any of the soaps"
    Her: "Well you must have seen me in the papers."
    Me: "Sorry, I don't read those kind of papers."
    Her: "Humpf"

Was it the woman who played Liz MacDonald?
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My son was in a Pub near where he lives in London and Gorbachev was having a pint. He was with a couple of body guards but my son spoke to him and said he was very sociable and friendly.
  • HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stood behind Harvey when he was buying some stuff at WH Smith's at Sloane Square.

Bob Geldolf queued behind me at M&S Kings Road.

Held the door open at Safeways Kings Road, for Peter O'toole.

Locked eyes with Russell Crowe when he was jogging in Chelsea Bridge Road and the same with Alex Baldwin( not at the same time)

Been tutted at By Mickey Rourke, when l took a double take at him, hunkered down outside Waterstones in the King's Road (l thought he was begging)

Did a raised eyebrow greeting with Jacqueline Bisset, when we were in the same queue in Sainsbury's Sloane Ave.

Shouted at Frederick and Francis from MIC when they were riding Barclays Bycycles too fast along a narrow pavement, in Sloane Ave.

In fact you would be hard pushed not to see someone "well known" in this area, at any given time.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Heartache wrote: »
    Stood behind Harvey when he was buying some stuff at WH Smith's at Sloane Square.

Bob Geldolf queued behind me at M&S Kings Road.

Held the door open at Safeways Kings Road, for Peter O'toole.

Locked eyes with Russell Crowe when he was jogging in Chelsea Bridge Road and the same with Alex Baldwin( not at the same time)

Been tutted at By Mickey Rourke, when l took a double take at him, hunkered down outside Waterstones in the King's Road (l thought he was begging)

Did a raised eyebrow greeting with Jacqueline Bisset, when we were in the same queue in Sainsbury's Sloane Ave.

Shouted at Frederick and Francis from MIC when they were riding Barclays Bycycles too fast along a narrow pavement, in Sloane Ave.

In fact you would be hard pushed not to see someone "well known" in this area, at any given time.

BIB Who are they, when they're at their Nan's?
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB Who are they, when they're at their Nan's?

:D Glad it's not just me that didn't know. :blush:
  • JordanDSJordanDS Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lunching at a beachside hotel on the Isle of Wight, Jay Kay & entourage arrived by helicopter for lunch.

Had to evict Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen and the 'Who do you think you are?' film crew from my reserved seat on a train from Bristol Parkway a few year ago.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Rich Hall in the pub. Nice man.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never heard of 95% of these 'names'. :confused:

Are they soap folk?
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seen, brace yourselves for this celebrity now, Preston from the Ordinary Boys outside a Burger King in Brighton once.

Was he just about to go in to start work then?:D
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Charlie Brooks (Janine from Eastenders) was sitting a couple of tables away from me in a Mexican restaurant a few years back. She was with an older guy who I think was her boyfriend.

David Attenborough gave me a filthy look when I stared at him as he walked down the road by Kew Gardens. I was gutted about that because he's always been a hero of mine.

Davey Jones from The Monkees used to live not far from me and I regularly saw him around town. He briefly spoke to me once when we were queuing in the post office. Seemed like a really nice guy.

I used to deliver a newspaper to the footballer Mick Quinn's house when he played for Portsmouth in the 80s. He always seemed nice enough when I handed it to him if I happened to turn up when he was going in or out of the house.

John Stapleton from GMTV waved at me and a couple of mates from his car when we spotted him.

I'm sure I've seen a few more down the years, but these are the ones that immediately spring to mind. I've also spoken to Jimmy Carr, but that was when he was signing autographs after a show so it doesn't really count.
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what if i arrange a few mugshots? might that help?

i really want to know now:D

Please do! I really want to know now too :blush:
  • GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'Corrie star on a train' story made me think of my husband (who was a removal man for years) and the time he was on a job with a mate when they got talking to the guy they were moving. My husband asked him what he did and the bloke looked at him with a slightly surprised expression and said 'I play football'.

My husband thought that he'd misunderstood and pressed on. 'No. I mean, what do you do for work?'

Apparently the guy gave him a really dark, 'don't you know who I am and what I do for a living?' kind of look and said slowly as if he was speaking to someone really simple 'I'm a footballer'.

My husband thought nothing of it until he saw the guy pictured with his new bride on the front of our local paper the next day. It was Marcus Stewart, then playing for Bristol Rovers (and back with us again as Development coach), but soon to hit the big time in the Premier League with Ipswich and Sunderland. Hubby's boss told him afterwards that he'd specially chosen him and his mate for the job because they didn't know the first thing about football and so were unlikely to be a nuisance by coming over all starstruck and risking causing offence :D

His company used to auction off a lot of furniture to pay the bills of people who had put it into storage and abandoned it, and they used to see Toyah Wilcox up at the auction rooms quite often too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    David Attenborough gave me a filthy look when I stared at him as he walked down the road by Kew Gardens. I was gutted about that because he's always been a hero of mine.
    He lives near my son and d-i-l and as Kew is not far up the road from their house they are often in the Gardens. They've seen him a few times and he's just 'normal'. Probably having an 'off day' when you saw him.