Options

Home and Away

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Scorpio87 wrote: »
    I'm in the minority but i think the cancer storyline has been the making of Maddy. Finally some 'real' drama to get her teeth into. Kind of shipping Nate/Maddy as well for some reason. I like Maddy/Oscar as friends but they'd be very boring together and i'm still annoyed the amazing chemistry between Spencer/Maddy has been ignored/thrown away in favour of Maddy/Oscar.

I criticised the show a while ago and while i've not done a u turn i am pleased other characters other than Brax are finally being given some bigger longer lasting storylines. I'd still like to see Spencer (probably a bit late for him now), Chris, Kyle, Marilyn, John, Jett, Irene and Roo given some more substantial storylines of their own. The only character at the moment i really can't stand is Evie, what a nasty piece of work she is, next time someone gets kidnapped can it please be her and can they please feel free not to bring her back. :D

Even the much criticised Phoebe is growing on me, just don't like her and Kyle together, no chemistry and i always think they look like brother and sister.

The show itself at the minute's not brilliant but Maddy's cancer storyline has really helped me get back into enjoying the show much more than i did a couple of months ago. Hopefully the only way is up fingers crossed.

I always thought Kyle and Tamara had more chemistry than Kyle and Phoebe and Casey and Tamara did. but I do think Kyle and Phoebe have some chemistry,but I think they would be better suited as friends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    (R)ED wrote: »
    There were pics of her with Ash taken a few weeks ago suggesting that the two end up together.
    Yeah, I also heard rumours about Kyle getting with Ash's sister Billie.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a big fan of Maddie. Totally gorgeous though. I get that she's scared but just leaving without thinking about how the people that care about her feel especially roo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do agree that a lot of characters are basically pretty young models without much personality going for them.

I wasn't a fan of Maddy before, but since the cancer storyline, she's been a lot more bearable. However I really don't like her and Oscar as a couple. I wish they'd make her get back with Spencer
    even though he's leaving soon. :(
    they made a much better couple. I wouldn't mind her with Josh either, as I'm really not a fan of Josh and Evie.

I do love Brax and Ricky together, but I am looking forward to seeing Ricky as a character in her own right without Brax around.
    I know they're a couple, but all of their storylines seem to be Brax's storylines that Ricky's just involved in.
    Brax isn't really the same without Heath and Casey. I also much preferred him when he first joined the show - he's lost the humour he used to have.

Not a fan of VJ, the recast is just ridiculous and he looks way too old to be the age he's supposed to be.

I miss Heath, Bianca and Casey. :(

I don't enjoy the show as much as I used to. It seems to be lacking something these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do agree that a lot of characters are basically pretty young models without much personality going for them.

I wasn't a fan of Maddy before, but since the cancer storyline, she's been a lot more bearable. However I really don't like her and Oscar as a couple. I wish they'd make her get back with Spencer
    they made a much better couple. I wouldn't mind her with Josh either, as I'm really not a fan of Josh and Evie.

I do love Brax and Ricky together, but I am looking forward to seeing Ricky as a character in her own right without Brax around.
    I know they're a couple, but all of their storylines seem to be Brax's storylines that Ricky's just involved in.

Not a fan of VJ, the recast is just ridiculous and he looks way too old to be the age he's supposed to be.

I don't enjoy the show as much as I used to. It seems to be lacking something these days.

Never understood why they split Maddy/Spencer up, they are better suited than she was with Josh or Oscar and than he was with Sasha etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    Never understood why they split Maddy/Spencer up, they are better suited than she was with Josh or Oscar and than he was with Sasha etc.

I agree. Both characters are so much better when they're together.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The VJ recast is the worst one I've seen. The guy looks about 30. What were they thinking.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ME1234567 wrote: »

I agree.:)
  • Options
    S-JoS-Jo Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    John Palmer has just said to Zac VJ is 16?! But he was born Nov 2001, making him 13? Eh?
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Not a big fan of Maddie. Totally gorgeous though. I get that she's scared but just leaving without thinking about how the people that care about her feel especially roo.

I agree with this (apart from the gorgeous part). I was warming to her when she received the diagnosis but now she's back to her usual bratty self. I understand that she's frightened but she's thinking of no-one but herself. She knows people are worried about her but she doesn't care.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    The VJ recast is the worst one I've seen. The guy looks about 30. What were they thinking.

He's Dan Ewing's (ex- Heath) brother in law.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading the thread and the spoilers, I'm glad I'm not watching now. There's hardly any decent characters left when I gave up watching (a year ago) but now there's only Kyle and Jett. I might resume watching once they get rid of Brax, the crime, Maddy, the twins and constant bed hopping. Can't believe there is going to be another explosion and more characters in hospital!

All the teens are like magnolia. Bring back the days of Belle, Matilda, Drew, Ric, Cassie, Lucas etc.
    S-Jo wrote: »
    John Palmer has just said to Zac VJ is 16?! But he was born Nov 2001, making him 13? Eh?

They added a few years onto him years ago, sometime around when Dan died but I don't understand why they had to get rid of Felix Dean and replace him with Dan Ewing's brother in law.
  • Options
    camy934camy934 Posts: 1,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    After reading the thread and the spoilers, I'm glad I'm not watching now. There's hardly any decent characters left when I gave up watching (a year ago) but now there's only Kyle and Jett. I might resume watching once they get rid of Brax, the crime, Maddy, the twins and constant bed hopping. Can't believe there is going to be another explosion and more characters in hospital!

All the teens are like magnolia. Bring back the days of Belle, Matilda, Drew, Ric, Cassie, Lucas etc.

They added a few years onto him years ago, sometime around when Dan died but I don't understand why they had to get rid of Felix Dean and replace him with Dan Ewing's brother in law.

So unrealistic the way they have aged up VJ. 16 would take it to 1999 and Leah didn't even arrive in the show until 2000 :D:D.
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member

It's so much worse as they have him and Jett so close yet Jett looks so young cos as far as I know he is the characters age. They need to separate them
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    camy934 wrote: »
    So unrealistic the way they have aged up VJ. 16 would take it to 1999 and Leah didn't even arrive in the show until 2000 :D:D.

Ages in H&A + Neighbours are meaningless, the characters are whatever age they need to be to fit their current storyline and their age can change on a whim.

It has always been thus.