American Horror Story S5: Hotel

geosgeos Posts: 1,067
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Starring Gaga!

Interesting premise, I wasn't expecting a hotel theme.

https://amp.twimg.com/v/be6523a7-5a00-40a9-b11e-9e8a216ad272

Comments

• PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a hotel is a GREAT setting!
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't expecting a hotel theme, either. Sounds promising.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol its either going to be a total disaster with GAGA or bloody brilliant.
    keeping an open mind should be a good varied mix set in a Hotel.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't even know that Gaga was an actress. She's someone that I don't know much about apart from her being a famous singer.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to reserve judgement but I keep seeing a shark ready to be jumped over. :(

The discussions/Twitter will be hard to follow, it'll be full of "YAAAAS" "SLAY MAMA" etc.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting casting

I hope Hotel is a return to form. Coven was a mixed bag, while Freak show was a load of crap for me.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm excited for this and not because of gaga, I liked the freaks how season but I couldn't get into coven at all. The first season wast the best IMO
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Love the idea of a Hotel theme for the fifth season. Should be a good source of material to mine stories from.

Gaga's casting is interesting and it could go either way. It could help rejuvenate the show or perhaps signal towards it's end. Nah, I think she'll be good in it.

Will be interesting to see who else is cast for Hotel and of course watching this show along with the first season of Scream Queens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    So I guess we can expect more dreadful singing next season then? :D
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,839
    Forum Member
    I'm intriuged. It's a strong setting, and Lady Gaga is definitely a different type of casting, but I think the departure of Jessica Lange needed to be addressed with another big name.

Hotel has great potential, as did freak show. Hopefully it won fizzle out again this upcoming series!
  • caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i get a feeling this will be more like murder house, and to be honest its a good setting as you can have former cast members and new ones popping in for a guest stints as hotel guests
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am becoming sick and tired of the same actresses in every season now, despite how wonderfully talented and amazing they are. I would be surprised if Sarah Paulson is on board for Hotel. She's doing American Crime Story and has a few movie roles lined up. American Crime Story is at least a 5/6 month shoot. Ryan Murphy relies too much on Sarah Paulson and Jessica Lange to be the faces of the show's franchise. I would like to see some different actors. Perhaps hire a few from Nip/Tuck or Glee.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    caz06 wrote: »
    i get a feeling this will be more like murder house, and to be honest its a good setting as you can have former cast members and new ones popping in for a guest stints as hotel guests

That's what i like about it. I think a hotel will be a great setting. I also think this season will be set in the present day. I read an article on DS that season 5 will be a complete reinvention of AHS.
    Forum Member
    I actually think we'll get someone from Glee on American Horror Story seeing as we've got Lea Michele for Scream Queens. Not sure who though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I actually think we'll get someone from Glee on American Horror Story seeing as we've got Lea Michele for Scream Queens. Not sure who though.

We can rule out Naya Rivera. She's doing a recurring role on Devious Maids and just confirmed she is pregnant.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I real;ly hope we DON'T get Lea Michelle. Can't stand the Rachel character from Glee

I am very much liking the theme. When I think horror and hotels I think The Shining, Psycho and Identity. It's got a heck of a lot of potential.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange. But looking forward to it.. how many more horror locations can they do?

Season 2 will forever remain the peak of American Horror Story. Brilliant cast (Dr Thredson character was amazing from a psychological point of view) and storyline.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Strange. But looking forward to it.. how many more horror locations can they do?

Season 2 will forever remain the peak of American Horror Story. Brilliant cast (Dr Thredson character was amazing from a psychological point of view) and storyline.

Yup, twas the apex.
    Forum Member
    We can rule out Naya Rivera. She's doing a recurring role on Devious Maids and just confirmed she is pregnant.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get either Chris Colfer or Darren Criss to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if we get either Chris Colfer or Darren Criss to be honest.

Hopefully a no on Chris Colfer. He can only play himself, so if he joins Hotel, it will just be another gay character who likes singing broadway tunes.

I wouldn't mind seeing Joely Richardson from Nip/Tuck join. She could bring a bit of british-ness to the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    I real;ly hope we DON'T get Lea Michelle. Can't stand the Rachel character from Glee

I am very much liking the theme. When I think horror and hotels I think The Shining, Psycho and Identity. It's got a heck of a lot of potential.

She's doing Scream Queens so likely a no from Lea Michele
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I just realised Elsa always used to call the freaks her "little monsters" - am I being slow on that one...? :D
  • Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keviness wrote: »
    Oh I just realised Elsa always used to call the freaks her "little monsters" - am I being slow on that one...? :D

Good one! :D
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,839
    Forum Member
    A modern day Hotel setting could be exactly what AHS needs to return the show to it's roots. There is potential for some great storylines, and they could have different storylines going on in different eras like Murder House did so well.

A departure for Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson could be exactly what the show needs. They have been the major players in the past few seasons, and sometimes you need to chop down the bigger trees in the forest to let the new ones grow. The results could be a refreshed cast which would do the show the world of good.

Lady Gaga's casting is either a stroke of genius or a massive fail - only time will tell but it will go one of two ways.

Everything I have read so far points towards it being a great series, but, again, that's what I said with Freakshow and I was generally dissapointed!
    Forum Member
    Keviness wrote: »

Ah, so it was foreshadowed then:D