Options

People With a "Bubbly Personality"

St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If I hear someone describe themselves as Bubbly, it puts me right off them.

Most young ladies in the eighties were described as Bubbly, Such as Babara Windsor, And Debbie Magee.
And Sue Pollard.

I think of them as being haphazard, giggly, daft, and potentially combustible.

I have a "Creamy Personality" myself, I am sweet, a bit thick, but consistent.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Most young ladies in the eighties were described as Bubbly, Such as Babara Windsor, And Debbie Magee.

Do you need to be kept refrigerated after opening?:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a popular word these days; people tend to think it means both annoying and fat. I think it has its place though, as long as people don't bubble manically all the time. I like people who can laugh in the face of adversity.
  • Options
    HP.80 VictorHP.80 Victor Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a popular word these days; people tend to think it means both annoying and fat.

On hook up sites like PoF and the like that's exactly what it means.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    it's not as bad as people who describe themselves as "wacky" and/or "zany" - both a surefire sign you have encountered a tedious bore.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    When I hear bubbly I think fat

I would describe those in the OP as bimbo rather than bubbly
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Bubbly' just means someone has a bright and breezy personality, and they generally talk a lot! There's no harm in someone describing themselves that way. They're usually a 'what you see is what you get' type person, so at least you know where you are with them! :D
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member

And Sue Pollard.

And prone to separation if not whipped? :D

I am sure Barbara Windsor would have been delighted to have been called a young lady in the 1980s. She would have been about 50.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    When I hear someone described as "bubbly", my first thought is that they are one of those people who likes to think they are the life and soul and popular, but in reality behind their backs people find them irritating, brash and dread their presence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    possibly fat, certainly annoying
  • Options
    happygirl22happygirl22 Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    Bubbly personality in my day at working in the early 90s meant a sec who would go to bed with her boss., that's how bd the bosses were then
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bubbly to me is just another word for annoying.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a popular word these days; people tend to think it means both annoying and fat. I think it has its place though, as long as people don't bubble manically all the time. I like people who can laugh in the face of adversity.

I don't see having a bubbly personality as meaning fat or annoying. My Mrs has a bubbly personality and she is size 6. To me it means you are someone with high spirits, full of life, someone who makes you laugh and smile, someone who is cute, happy and engaging, not someone who is fat. Fat means fat!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see having a bubbly personality as meaning fat or annoying. My Mrs has a bubbly personality and she is size 6. To me it means you are someone with high spirits, full of life, someone who makes you laugh and smile, someone who is cute, happy and engaging, not someone who is fat. Fat means fat!

Very reasonable, but you can see that people DO use it to mean that. 'Cute, happy and engaging' sounds nice though. :)
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very reasonable, but you can see that people DO use it to mean that. 'Cute, happy and engaging' sounds nice though. :)

Yes I understand that some people do see that bubbly = fat, but not by my definition! :)
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard bubbly was code for fat and annoying...
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard bubbly was code for fat and annoying...

My ex wife was not bubbly so your definition is incorrect
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ex wife was not bubbly so your definition is incorrect

My ex was.... So I disagree.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I've been described as bubbly and will happily call myself bubbly. Outgoing, confident, friendly and as another poster says what you see is what you get. Just because a few posters here wants to use it a negative way means nothing to me, it's the same as the term chav.

Real definition - council house and violent
    DS definition - anyone I don't like
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I hear people being described as "bubbly" I think that I'll enjoy their company for half an hour and then they'll start to grate. I also find a lot of "bubbly" people come across as a bit fake but maybe that's just me.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Images of someone overweight, short permed curly hair and a permanent smile.
  • Options
    Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    It's definitely a euphemism for fat woman. For men, see "larger than life".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bubbly people try to hard to be 'fun'. It's like that sickening idea of forced of fake 'fun'. It can get on a lot of people's nerves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Images of someone overweight, short permed curly hair and a permanent smile.

Dyed blonde hair?.....
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,159
    Forum Member
    A person who describes themselves as "bubbly" is usually never too far away from a packet of crisps or a bag of chips:D
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely a euphemism for fat woman. For men, see "larger than life".

:D ... shirt buttons hanging on for dear life, hair plastered down, the kind of person who gets up at a wedding do and dances like your grandad.