Options

Hammerbank Windermere

SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone remember this youth hostel or lodge and going to it when you were at school? i was trying to find it when i went to the lake district a few weeks ago and want to get a picture of it

i remember it at the time and visited it in 1982 when i was at primary school, i know the place is around windermere but i don't know the exact location.

Comments

• Options
    NidgsterNidgster Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    Does anyone remember this youth hostel or lodge and going to it when you were at school? i was trying to find it when i went to the lake district a few weeks ago and want to get a picture of it

i remember it at the time and visited it in 1982 when i was at primary school, i know the place is around windermere but i don't know the exact location.

Yes. I think you'll find it is now called the "Windermere Manor Hotel"
  • Options
    FrankDrebinFrankDrebin Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nidgster wrote: »

Was it really worth bumping a 9½-year-old thread just to say that?
  • Options
    archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What might explain the phenomena is when someone searches and finds a reference here, to which they can add information. So they take the trouble to join and don't immediately realise that digging up old threads is frowned on by the forum owners.

Welcome to the forum @Nidgster :)
  • Options
    FrankDrebinFrankDrebin Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    archiver wrote: »

What might explain the phenomena is when someone searches and finds a reference here, to which they can add information. So they take the trouble to join and don't immediately realise that digging up old threads is frowned on by the forum owners.

Welcome to the forum @Nidgster :)

You may be right although I don't think I would make the effort to join a forum to say that unless I was the owner of the Windermere Manor Hotel. :p

Anyway, sorry for being abrupt @Nidgster and welcome to the forum.