✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to be kiddin' me nate, surely ? :confused:

love all they old films

did you like the keystone cops films ?
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, find them a bit silly. Excellent stunts for their time though ;)

Did you watch Wacky Races as a child??
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Course I did

who did you like the best ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dick Dastardly :)

You??
  • Options
    twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gruesome twosome!

Fab weather here, we filched some lilos and floated about the paddling pool to the raised eyebrows of the Germans......staid bunch.....only one other English pair in the hotel! I've mixed my drinks so will probably pay for that.....is beer then gin then wine a bad idea?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Nah you're on holiday .. mix away. :D

You will be happy to know it is freezing here .. glad the weather is good for you. :)

Do you have a drink from the mini bar while you're getting ready ??
  • Options
    twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course! Especially as they fill it up again once you've slurped them all :D

It's pomegranate season here, they held a pomegranate festival here today, with Chinese acrobats and Turkish rappers :D. What have they got to do with pomegranates?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turkish rappers love to mix vodka and pomegranate... have you never tried this?? :o:blush:
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I haven't.

Do you think there are a lot of very false people about? For instance the type who act friendly towards you but talk about you behind your back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this to be true. I'm often walking into rooms to whispers turning to silence. You just have to be above all that; words can't hurt you and only by letting your true personality shine through will you ever win. :);)

Did you know the Canadian Election was today??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I didn't. I don't know much about what's going on in the world at the moment

As you what you have said to my last question, you are so right. Although words do hurt me a lot. Some people seem so unkind and uncaring and I find that I can't understand it because I try to be a good person and help others. Oh well, I don't suppose I will ever understand people. People like that must be very unhappy really.

Bet you can't believe just how early I am posting this. I've got a hospital appointment at a hospital further away from home at 9.30 and because of it being a busy time for traffic, I am up at "stupid o'clock". Then I have another appointment at our local hospital this afternoon. Fun life I lead!

Is there any cereal you like with hot milk instead of cold?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't like hot cereal. Had Ready Brek as a kid but only because I was collecting vouchers for something :(

Good luck with your appointment ;)

Do you like porridge??
  • Options
    ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    I do - but don't have it too often

I have enjoyed hot milk on shreddies - the aroma is yummy too

Good luck today Fibro with your appointments x

On Monday - I cut down on calories after eating ** way too much on Sunday **
    [ A full ready meal of cheesy Potato Dauphinoise - A Broccoli cheesy meal
    A Large Luxury hot choccy with many marshmallows and whipped cream
    S&P bread buns & cheese etc etc
    then given - big roast dinner
    & at night given a surprise bag of chips :p

SO Yesterday I made :-
    A BIG WOKKY of assorted VEG :p:p made into a thick blended Soup

Using a whole bag of frozen Broccoli -
    some frozen peas
    bit of red onion
    a full tub of stir fry veg
    a field fresh carrot
    raw ginger Lea & Perrins
    1 packet of asparagus soup black pepper and various spices

Today have got a new Wokky of Veggie soup
    this one is made mostly with A Bunch of celery - a pack of french onion soup
    with a Mixed bean vegetable casserole pack - & 15 cardamoms
    a large field fresh carrot and potato - another pack of stir fry - ginger & spices

When did you last have some yummy homemade soup ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not for a couple of months, my wife usually makes loads and fills up the freezer :)

Do you keep a lot of change in your pocket??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No - but I used to in OZ
    Each day I at work - I always paid for all my food with ** notes **
    By the end of the day my bus driver uniform skirt's 2 pockets where bulging and drooped down as they were so heavy
    I always worked 11 days each fortnight - and often worked 10 days straight & pretty well all public holidays

Every night I would pull out the heavy batch of coins and put them all into a large sports bag
    After a couple of weeks - When I took each batch to the bank - to be put into their fast coin counters
    I would it would often amount to a couple of hundred dollars

How about you ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't keep any money in my pockets, that is a man thing. But I always have some money, both change and notes in my purse which always goes out with me.

I like hot milk of Sheddies and Shedded Wheat and of course, on porridge which I love.

Back from one appointment and going of to the other one in about an hour. I am going to get some treatment in a hydrotherapy pool, which will be lovely. Also going to have some acupunture which I hope with help.

It's a beautiful autumn day here, the colours of the leaves are lovely. Is it nice where you are?

If Choccy comes back - a question for you - are you on Facebook?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love seeing the gorgeous trees in many of the streets here - and roads near by
    They are a wonderful mix of vivid beautiful colours - even more beautiful when the sun lights them up

[ No Fibro - I don't use FaceBook - or any other social media -
    I do all my typed chatting in here :D:)
    Years ago I used MSN - it was like Skype -or we ended up doing typey chats as the video - crashed quite often ]
    I used that often - from 2003 till - Skype arrived and I used that till about 2012
    From 2003 I did video chats with various pals around the world in China - Israel - Turkey - Oz - and Prestwich -

Do you keep up with all the new things that keep coming along
    :o such as Instagram , Snapchat Whatsapp etc etc ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

Have you ever walked into something as too busy looking at your phone??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No

I only have a mobile - Just in case of Emergencies
    I will only take it out with me - if I am going to be driving on a motorway
    or if I actually need to be - contactable -

I think it is about £12 per month on a contract with unlimited internet access which I rarely ever use - only do if I need a post code - for my sat nav while I am out on my way to meet at a particular location

Are you on a great deal / or system - where you pay very little each month
    to have your mobile phone in use ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't say it's a great deal, but it is cheaper than my kids contracts.

I think it's all so expensive when you take into account you have to pay for a landline (that I rarely use) to access broadband, then the cost of broadband, Sky plus mobile phones. Not including a tv license and electricity costs to charge and run equipment.

They still put a lot of Sports on several different channels that you have to add to your subscription. Now there is Netflick and Amazon to add to costs if you want access to certain programmes.

I think it is all such a money raking rip off and the compulsory change to digital forces people to use a service they probably weren't bothered about.

I have a basic tv package and don't subscribe to all the additional ones they keep adding. Once a year I cancel to negotiage a better deal as freeview has a bad reception here, it's more off than on, so I have no choice.

Do you think that analogue should've remained as a choice ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, I love my choice of 40 channels of detritus... all of which seem to be Jeremy Kyle repeats : rolleyes:

If I gave you £2,000 would you go on Jeremy Kyle??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol nope .. plus I would have to remove several teeth :). I do not know why it is still on.

Is DS slow for you or is it just me ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Working fine here but I'm still at work and our internets is the dogs ;) :cool:

Have you read about 'forced shopping' in Hong Kong?? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, what is it ?? I actually hate shopping, any kind, including internet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-34584235

Ever been on an all-inclusive package holiday??
This discussion has been closed.