Options

Road rage

Comments

• Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    What is it with some drivers? I got cut up by an idiot in Salford tonight, and not only did he threaten to cut my face, but also to murder me. What a lovely man!

(PS. Contains strong language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHMasmZc_38

"I'm Ronnie Pickering"

"who"

"RONNIE PICKERING" >:(

Seriously though, what was his problem? The dashcam driver didn't change lanes, so why the other driver was so angry is a mystery. Clearly his fault for moving into the lane too fast when another vehicle was approaching. At the end of the day, no harm done, no collision, nobody hurt - move on FFS.

ETA: Sorry OP, it was you. Hadn't cottoned on when I first watched.
  • Options
    Monkey_MooMonkey_Moo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Report that to your local police. Whatever you think of them, they will investigate that and it's pretty good evidence (although you can't see him). Out of order and he has committed a public order offence. You might brush it off, but he has got issues and it could be worse for the next person.

Road rage certainly seems to becoming more popular, or at least it's reported more. That's a good example of why the audio recording should always be kept on too.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctorb wrote: »
    It was the OP that said that he jumped the lights, so begs the question, why didn't he anticipate the danger and act accordingly rather than guess that the car was going to follow the cars in the same lane. Doesn't excuse the idiot who jumped the red lights...assuming, but the whole affair was avoidable.

If you watch the video to the end, the driver ended up exiting the roundabout in the left hand lane so he was in the wrong lane throughout the whole video, so don't try and make out that the OP is in any way to blame for anything here. He clearly thought he could get through the lights (in the wrong lane), barge through the queuing traffic (while being in the wrong lane), then cut across the traffic at the next set of lights to get into the lane he should have been in from the beginning.

Additionally, if you watch the video again, all the traffic that entered from the left that were in the black Mercedes' lane continued in the same lane. It was only the Mercedes driver that tried to barge into the OP's lane (because there was a 'gap'), so going by the behaviour of the other vehicles, it would be prudent to expect the Mercedes to stay in the same lane as the other traffic. He's not indicating that he's moving into the OP's lane so how the blinkin' flip is the OP supposed to expect the moron to barge into his lane?

Finally, you'll notice the Mercedes then pulls back into the left hand lane which was the lane he wanted to be in from the beginning, but arrogantly couldn't be arsed to wait behind the 5 or 6 cars in front of him so like an utter prick, decided to try and drive into the OP then give him verbal abuse as if the OP was somehow in the wrong.

As for the whole affair was being avoidable, with hindsight that's obvious, but you can't drive expecting every other car to be an utter moron and want to crash into you otherwise you'd never get anywhere. Drive defensively by all means, but by your reckoning, the OP should have hesitantly gone through the lights in case any of the other vehicles decided to change lanes without looking or indicating, then hesitantly continued his entire journey, slowing every time he approached another vehicle in case they tried to drive into him.

Victim blaming at its best.
  • Options
    DoctorbDoctorb Posts: 3,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not victim blaming at all as the other chap was clearly at fault. I think if the OP pulled away slower and/or let the idiot pass the situation could of been avoided.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not victim blaming at all as the other chap was clearly at fault. I think if the OP pulled away slower and/or let the idiot pass the situation could of been avoided.

He pulled off exactly as I would have done, and I'm an extremely careful, some might say, slow driver. As far as slowing down to let him pass, I don't think there was much time for the OP to react, and the Merc driver stopped just in time anyway.

Honestly, I can't fault the OP in any way whatever.
  • Options
    jackthomjackthom Posts: 6,634
    Forum Member

The way the other guy was driving I'd be surprised if he doesn't cause havoc and stress for other drivers every morning TBH.
    It's probably about time someone reported this behaviour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the point where it becomes apparent the Merc is trying to barge into DVD's lane (remember, he's not indicating and he's in the lane which is for traffic to go straight ahead at the next set of lights), DVD would have to slam on his brakes to cater for the moron's appalling driving (potentially causing the car behind to drive into him). As it stands, by DVD doing what 99% of other drivers would do, no other vehicles were affected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the point where it becomes apparent the Merc is trying to barge into DVD's lane (remember, he's not indicating and he's in the lane which is for traffic to go straight ahead at the next set of lights), DVD would have to slam on his brakes to cater for the moron's appalling driving (potentially causing the car behind to drive into him). As it stands, by DVD doing what 99% of other drivers would do, no other vehicles were affected.

He's coming from the left late with the potential of cutting in front. Personally I and others would of seen this way before, even the OP said cars end up merging and light jumping so even local knowledge should of prepared him. Would he do the same again? Could of been a crash video.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's coming from the left late with the potential of cutting in front. Personally I and others would of seen this way before, even the OP said cars end up merging and light jumping so even local knowledge should of prepared him. Would he do the same again? Could of been a crash video.

By that virtue, every time you drive on a multi-laned carriageway, you run the risk of cars either side of you barging into your lane without indicating, so the best course of action is to either slow down and tentatively pass them or simply never leave your house...

The car was in the left hand lane following traffic which was all staying in the left hand lane. Every car in that lane had to potential to pull into DVD's path so the only way to get through this junction is to wait for all traffic either side of you to pass.

I'm obviously exaggerating to prove a point, but you can't drive so defensively all the time that you never make any progress. You can't assume every car is going to pull in front of you, and if a car *does* suddenly attempt to pull in front of you, you can't slam on your brakes every time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As for the BiB, just LOL!!!!
    You'd have somehow seen that the car (in the left hand lane) following all the other traffic (in the left hand lane) would have pulled into your lane *before* it had pulled into his lane. Priceless :D:D

Any chance you could predict the lottery numbers for tonight while you're at it.
  • Options
    Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP - have you reported this to the police? You should do - the guy is a nutter and could end up doing far worse to someone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for the BiB, just LOL!!!!
    You'd have somehow seen that the car (in the left hand lane) following all the other traffic (in the left hand lane) would have pulled into your lane *before* it had pulled into his lane. Priceless :D:D

Any chance you could predict the lottery numbers for tonight while you're at it.

The lane where the car came from was traffic light controlled, although late, I would of anticipated late coming traffic may swap lanes. Normal roundabout fair enough, cars may swap lanes and you can't do anything about it. However, in this instance I believe the situation could of been avoided if the OP held back a little and let the cars through with greater space. It's only a minor thing but that's how I saw it. I think it was avoidable without driving too defensively.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was Ron Pickering driving?
  • Options
    GrafenwalderGrafenwalder Posts: 8,004
    Forum Member
    I'm considering it. Greater Manchester Police are an absolute shower, so the chances of them doing anything other then scoffing donuts is debatable.
    Don't be too dismissive.

This idiot played the fool on the M62 with an HGV driver. Company name and phone number splashed across the van rear, personal reg plate, so a complete give-away.

The company boss was furious and said he'd sacked the driver responsible.

Only he hadn't - because it later turned out the driver was the boss himself!

Manchester police pursued the case and brought him to Court.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Was Ron Pickering driving?

I think it was Joe Dolce, "shut your face", I haven't heard that expression since I was at school :p
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be too dismissive.

This idiot played the fool on the M62 with an HGV driver. Company name and phone number splashed across the van rear, personal reg plate, so a complete give-away.

:o Jesus wept - on a bloody motorway too, he was lucky no-one was injured.

I don't believe his moronic behaviour warranted the abuse his family appear to have received though.
  • Options
    GrafenwalderGrafenwalder Posts: 8,004
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    :o Jesus wept - on a bloody motorway too, he was lucky no-one was injured.

I don't believe his moronic behaviour warranted the abuse his family appear to have received though.
    IMO he deserved everything he got in the end. It shows how thick he was behaving like that in a sign written van with name and phone number displayed! He should count himself lucky if he's still in business.
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    OP: report to police!!! It could at least stop him acting that way to another driver in the future if he knows the police are already aware of a previous incident.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO he deserved everything he got in the end. It shows how thick he was behaving like that in a sign written van with name and phone number displayed! He should count himself lucky if he's still in business.

He might have deserved it but his family didn't.

He shut his business down (according to one of the links you posted).
  • Options
    TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't be too dismissive.

BiB:- I don't think the driver of the Citroen would have been too impressed with having an HGV trying to park in his back seat either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bio Max wrote: »
    OP - have you reported this to the police? You should do - the guy is a nutter and could end up doing far worse to someone.

I agree.

He could lose it and physically attack someone next time. He needs at least a police warning to hopefully bring him to his senses.
  • Options
    WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    Why do some people have such anger management issues? :o

Where is their self control for goodness sake!

Some people are about as self aware as my cat!:kitty:
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    He might have deserved it but his family didn't.

He shut his business down (according to one of the links you posted).

Good!! He could have easily caused a complete pile up or a fatality. I have no sympathy for him or his family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    [/b]

Good!! He could have easily caused a complete pile up or a fatality. I have no sympathy for him or his family.

I do have sympathy for them, a) It's not their fault he's an arse, and b) They have to live with him.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is it with some drivers? I got cut up by an idiot in Salford tonight, and not only did he threaten to cut my face, but also to murder me. What a lovely man!

(PS. Contains strong language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHMasmZc_38

I hope you have reported them to the police.

Not only should they be arrested for threatening behaviour but they should see a psych to make sure they are not a danger to society.