Options

samsung LE40B620R digital tuner probs?

my dad recently became the proud owner of a samsung LE40B620R quite a nice tv, and as a good son i went and set it up for him, envious as i was being my lcd screen is a paltry 26in:mad:

anyhoo i set it all up and running for my ma and pa last night and he was mighty impressed with him, i finally strong armed him into watching sky digital through scart instead of the ariel (can you see where its going already)

now bless him my dad is no luddite but sometime i think they should still have tuner cogs on his tv's

when i left this morning all was hunky dory i left the tv just tuned in on terrestrial digital, a long way from the switchover for yorkshire but best he learn now i thought. he rang up this evening ranting the tv was crap and it had lost its signal, after several hung up calls as he stormed off to calm down i managed to get some fault finding done, one emley moor mast hadnt fallen over as my grandmas tv was still working:D and two after some name calling he checked the cables all still plugged in. puzzled i finally managed to guide him through re-scanning all the digital channels and it came on fine, but then he came to a realisation, he thought maybe it went to a picture with snow and loss of signal because he had been pressing the numbers wrong:rolleyes::eek::mad:

far be it from me to discount it its quite possible as my dad has a tendancy to break things even i couldnt but does anyone know of any digital tuner problems with the LE40B620R model? does it just suddenly loose the channels stored already?