Options

Fifth Harmony Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Johnny_Orfino1Johnny_Orfino1 Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    ^ That's good so far. I really expected much less so really happy with this number right now.
  • Options
    Stacey_MoleStacey_Mole Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Why are the tour sales so tragic in a majority of venues?

I can still get up to 8 tickets together on the floor at almost every date on Ticketmaster.

I'm hoping for a big production tour and now I'm worried it will be a poor budget of the profits aren't in from ticket sales!

Has the tour been marketed properly in the States:confused:

Tour sales aren't worrying (yet) from what I could see. The South American leg is sold out and the North American leg starts in 2 months so I don't understand the panic. The date I'm going to in the US, I kept on missing out on the really good seats in the front that were in my cart (card issues during checkout) so obviously some people were buying.

As for the groupon sales that somebody mentioned, there is a deal for $25 on tickets worth $38.20 in Chicago, also deals in Toronto, Dallas and Nashville. I hardly think this calls for panic considering how many dates and venues there are.

A couple of people commenting in here in the past few days just want 5H to fail so bad haha. Wow your girl group and your own forum must be really boring (but I already knew that lol). But as has been said many times, this is a discussion forum not an appreciation forum, so as you were :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    7/27 debuts at #20 on the Japan Oricon Album Chart (3 days of sales) and #5 in South Korea (also 3 days of charting). Global queens. The album is still at 7 and 20 on itunes in Japan so hopefully that official position will rise once they get a full charting week in. (I know itunes isn't a major factor in Japan but it is an indication that something might be selling on other mediums too). There's no way I know of to check S Korea sales as they don't use itunes.

I do get the logic of a simultaneous global release for music but it doesn't make sense when it isn't in line with some countries' charting weeks. They should release things earlier in Asia, I doubt it would have any major impact on leaks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another thing on the tour front, I remember for the Reflection Summer Tour, we were worried right up to about 2 weeks before because some of the bigger venues still had many tickets. I remember my TL being in quite a panic. But then as the tour approached, tickets started selling and that tour was largely sold out in the end. Acts like 5H aren't Beyonce or Adele where people will snatch up tickets in minutes, they have fickle indecisive teen fans who decide at the very last minute that they actually do want to go so they do.
  • Options
    Ali_D2Ali_D2 Posts: 729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They just had a Billboard Music Awards performance lol. Hardly lack of promo. It'll be shocking if they debut with less than Reflection :blush:

I'll wait for the final sales tally. But for now, Ouch!:blush:

Mixers still think little mix and fifth harmony are in the same league? In 2014 perhaps. My friends have pretty much covered the basis but since you came all the way over here it would be unfair to you if i didn't respond.

Let me begin by stating the fact that Black magic, little mix's 10th single is the first and only single by the group to go platinum, whereas WFH, 5h's 3rd single, is their first and most likely not their last. Not only did 5h have less promo, they're not even british and they beat them in their own bloody market, and if you think thats bad...

BM released May.21,2015---certified platinum on Novemebr,13,2015
    WFH released February.26,2016---platinum on May.27,2016 :blush:
    It's about to surpass them in total sales too...
    But let's not forget the fact that WFH has been in the top 10 longer than any LM single...ever.

And this is all only in the UK, their home friggin market.. don't even get me started on the rest of the world :blush:

Anyway, you're probably the same fan who thinks LM spontaneously discounting their album the exact same day as 7/27 is some sort of coincidence, or the fact that they randomly paid simon a visit on XF the same day 5H made their UK television debut was just a mere coincidence ;-) They're keeping an eye out for sure.

Heck don't take my word for it ask MNEK, LM's producer i believe.

@MNEK
    @FIFTHHARMONY OK. YOU GUYS WIN. NOT THAT KINDA GIRL IS ****ING GENIUS.
    WHAT KINDA JANET REALNESS????

Win what exactly?? What competition could an LM producer possibly be referring to?

I would happily except another successful girl group in the market, (we truly do need more girl power) but really theres hardly anytime to compare the two when one is skyrocketing to superstardom and the other merely exists. So until LM have a single that is of the same caliber as WI or WFH, i just can't take the comparisons and comments from mixers seriously. And by no means am I saying that LM will never get a hit song because i truly hope they do. I would just personally refrain from such comments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So literally they performed WFH, AIMH, BO$$ and WI on the today show, and now they've gone back home... promo on point?

Even Jimmy fallon, GMA etc. would help with individual track sales, (10 tracks=1 album) and I truly do trust Maverick so i'm guessing they're not to concerned with album sales as each year they naturally decline anyway.

AIMH has yet to have an impact date and has already received 9 pop adds and 19 rhythmic adds and is #102(+14) on the US spotify chart with 206,969 plays, and the global spotify chart #77 with 614,988 plays. Total audience so far 1.870 with 261 new spins (+89) from 62 stations (+24).

Can they get another hit?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another thing on the tour front, I remember for the Reflection Summer Tour, we were worried right up to about 2 weeks before because some of the bigger venues still had many tickets. I remember my TL being in quite a panic. But then as the tour approached, tickets started selling and that tour was largely sold out in the end. Acts like 5H aren't Beyonce or Adele where people will snatch up tickets in minutes, they have fickle indecisive teen fans who decide at the very last minute that they actually do want to go so they do.

Yup many fans such as myself, have to juggle school, work and other extracurricular activities and it's hard to know what your schedule will be like until like a week or 2 from the date, but hey if this doesn't work out they can always just cancel and say they're working hard on 5h3 ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So WFH hits a new peak of #4 on the BB Hot 100!! AMAZING!!
    Let me put this into perspective,

Highest charting singles on Billboard by a few artists associated with 5H(i'm referring to the "related artists" page on spotify):

Nicki Minaj: #2 peak with Anaconda (a 5H collab is very possible now)
    One Direction: #2 peak with Best Song Ever
    Ariana: #2 peak with Problem
    Fifth Harmony: #4 WFH
    Selena Gomez: #5 peak with Good for you and Same old love
    Nick Jonas: #7 peak with Jealous
    Demi: #10 peak with Skyscraper and Heart Attack
    Becky G: #16 with Shower
    Austin Mahone: #44 with mmm yeah

Even Drake just got his first #1 hit with One dance

In other news 7/27 was #1 on the worldwide iTunes chart, the first by a girl group, they were #1 for 2 or 3 days

Plus WFH is currently #1 on radio for US, Canada and Australia!!
    And WFH has been the most watched video on youtube for a month straight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's so sweet!!
    https://twitter.com/MissyElliott/status/736085923373318145

Missy Elliott ‏@MissyElliott May 26
    @FifthHarmony "Not that kind of girl" straight snappin!🔥🔥🔥💣Ayyyyyye🙌🏾 #727OutNow Retweet 12K Like 18K

Missy Elliott ‏@MissyElliott May 27
    @dinahjane97 @FifthHarmony lol😱😂much love to y'all Congratulations! Much success!🙌🏾 Retweet 3.6K Like 5.7K

@NormaniKordei thank y'all for having me join y'all.. Fun record! Congratulations on y'all success & much more!🙌🏾 Retweet 3.1K Like 4.8K

@AllyBrooke awe thank u 4 your kind words I'm so grateful🙏🏾 & Congratulations 2 u all @FifthHarmony on a GREAT album🙌🏾 #727OutNow
    Retweet 3.5K Like 5.8K

Missy Elliott ‏@MissyElliott May 28
    @LaurenJauregui awww thank u so much Lauren it was my pleasure! I'm humbled🙏🏾 u & the girls @FifthHarmony y'all keep doing yall thang!🌊🙌🏾 Retweet 2.3K Like 3.3K

Missy Elliott ‏@MissyElliott May 30
    @FifthHarmony much love 2 u all! Your kind words have kept me uplifted & nothing but the best 2 come 4 u all on a Amazing album❤️#727OutNow🔥
    Retweet 1.8K Like 2.9K
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tour sales aren't worrying (yet) from what I could see. The South American leg is sold out and the North American leg starts in 2 months so I don't understand the panic. The date I'm going to in the US, I kept on missing out on the really good seats in the front that were in my cart (card issues during checkout) so obviously some people were buying.

As for the groupon sales that somebody mentioned, there is a deal for $25 on tickets worth $38.20 in Chicago, also deals in Toronto, Dallas and Nashville. I hardly think this calls for panic considering how many dates and venues there are.

A couple of people commenting in here in the past few days just want 5H to fail so bad haha. Wow your girl group and your own forum must be really boring (but I already knew that lol). But as has been said many times, this is a discussion forum not an appreciation forum, so as you were :p

I'm a huge 5H fan who is dying for the UK dates to be announced.

This is a HUGE problem with both fanbases. If you're a supporter of both groups, you're clearly not right according to some fans for either group.

It's pathetic. Both groups are about female empowerment and you're in here tearing another group of girls down.

Wow...you really do follow 5H well then, don't you!

Maybe if you put half of the energy you do hating on other artists in to furthering 5H, you'd feel a lot better!

I enjoy supporting both groups and I couldn't care what you say about either group lol.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their first top ten album in the UK, which went in at number 6. Nothing to be sniffed at. Well done Fifth Harmony:)

Praise needs to go to Simon Cowell for putting money into promoting this group too.
  • Options
    luner_45luner_45 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Honestly, I'm quite pleased with what 7/27 has done so far. HDD reports that its got 78k SPS and is #4 on the billboard 200. It could've been better had they lined up some promo but I'm sure the hits that will spawn from the album will make up for it. :)

And WOW @ WFH going #4 on the hot 100. Looks like I was right when I said this release week would be the last chance for WFH to get a new peak. Just 1 spot away from top 3.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So in case you didn't know, Jack & Jack (A music duo) was supposed to open for the 727 tour but got kicked out after the fandom exposed them of their racist tweets towards black women. Considering there is a large black following, many including I, saw this as very hypocritical of the girls. To preach about woman empowerment but add an opening act who literally degrades a certain race of women. Of course its not completely the girls fault they were added but I'm glad they got the boot.

Now Maverick has added a new opening act who will replace them: Jojo!!!!
    She's starting new after leaving her old mess of a label and I'm happy for her. This tour is looking more and more promising and I'm sure it'll generate a huge income for 5H. As for Jojo and Victoria Monet; I hope the exposure benefits them. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    727 debuted at #4 behind Drake, Beyonce and Dierks Bentley, it sold 136,900 reported copies worldwide first week,and 33,000 second week (Reflection sold 93,000 copies WW first week). Not bad at all! They've out peaked Reflection in every market and each single has done better than the last!

Australian Albums (ARIA) 8
    Austrian Albums (Ö3 Austria) 34
    Belgian Albums (Ultratop Flanders) 9
    Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia) 35
    Brazilian Albums (ABPD) 3
    Canadian Albums (Billboard) 3
    Danish Albums (Hitlisten) 21
    Dutch Albums (MegaCharts) 7
    Finnish Albums (Suomen virallinen lista) 8
    French Albums (SNEP) 46
    German Albums (Offizielle Top 100) 41
    Irish Albums (IRMA) 5
    Italian Albums (FIMI) 20
    Japanese Albums (Oricon) 20
    Japan International Albums (Oricon) 4
    Korean Albums (Gaon) 55
    Korean International Albums (Gaon) 5
    New Zealand Albums (RMNZ) 8
    Norwegian Albums (VG-lista) 8
    Portuguese Albums (AFP) 7
    Scottish Albums (OCC) 4
    Spanish Albums (PROMUSICAE) 1
    Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan) 6
    Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade) 23
    Taiwanese Albums (Five Music) 3
    UK Albums (OCC) 6
    US Billboard 200 4
    US Digital Albums (Billboard) 3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They've just announced their European leg and they are currently in Peru right now for their first 7/27 world tour show.

The venues they're hitting in Europe are actually way bigger than that of the American venues in the Reflection tour. The one in Switzerland has a 9k+ capacity. Considering the European leg is happening in October - November, they'll be on their 3rd single so hopefully they can sell out those venues.

5H are also doing multiple venues in Germany, guess that's what happens when your singles are able to chart well there.
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're coming to Belgium as well :) They're playing in the Lotto Arena (8k), which is a smaller venue than Sport Palace (18k) which is just next to it.

Is JoJo opening in Belgium too? That would be amazing
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    Their first top ten album in the UK, which went in at number 6. Nothing to be sniffed at. Well done Fifth Harmony:)

Praise needs to go to Simon Cowell for putting money into promoting this group too.

It's really Epic who should get the credit not Simon. Syco has had minimal involvement with 5H.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss Movin On:
    USA: Gold

BO$$:
    USA: Platinum

Sledgehammer:
    USA: Platinum
    Sweden: Gold
    Canada: Gold

Worth It:
    USA: 3x Platinum
    Australia: 2x Platinum
    Canada: 2x Platinum
    Sweden: Platinum
    Italy: Platinum
    New Zealand: Platinum
    UK: Gold
    Germany: Gold

Work From Home:
    USA: 2x Platinum
    Australia: 2x Platinum
    Sweden: 2x Platinum
    New Zealand: 2x Platinum
    UK: Platinum
    Canada: Platinum
    Italy: Platinum
    Spain: Platinum

https://twitter.com/FHCharts/status/744553390684971008
    Better Together Era - 1.295.000
    Reflection Era - 5.934.000
    7/27 Era - 2.815.000

Total - 10.044.000 records sold (pure sales)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    It's really Epic who should get the credit not Simon. Syco has had minimal involvement with 5H.

Strongly agree with this!! Simon has hardly done anything for any of his acts, he just collects the pay checks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fifth Harmony performing "Work From Home" at the #MMVAs 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbLelmd07fE
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit disappointed in the opening night of the "7/27 tour" last night in Peru.

I know it's most likely not the girls' faults but rehashing the Reflection tour with only the 3 singles from 7/27 tour is disgraceful.

I get that timing is an issue and they'd want to wait until the USA leg starts to kick if off proper but if that's the case then the South American leg should've came later and also they should've given themselves time to rehearse the new material.

There's no excuses to be given for SA fans who have paid tickets to see a show for an album they've supported only to be given a recycled show with no production whatsoever (they performed in front of a grey curtain as if they were an opening act!!)

It's a big disrespect to the SA fans (who is apart of probably their biggest market). I know a big chunk of it isn't down to the girls themselves but it's so awful of their team to think that would be okay to go ahead with.

It's gone down hugely negative in SA. Every single response to all the girls on social media is hounding them for it.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't worry. Looks like it's something to do with that particular venue. It's a very small venue and it may have just been a staging issue that prevented them from doing other songs. Also, most artists/bands use the first show of their tours to test things out (staging, technical stuff etc). They'll probably change the setlist for the next show.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the video for All In My Head. Good concept, but they've made them too sexual now. Every video they seem to just be getting more raunchy. I mean, Ally looks ridiculous in this video. Dinah looks hot but it's just not necessary.
  • Options
    Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the video for All In My Head. Good concept, but they've made them too sexual now. Every video they seem to just be getting more raunchy. I mean, Ally looks ridiculous in this video. Dinah looks hot but it's just not necessary.

"Too sexual now" They've went with the sexual branding since BO$$ was released. It's apart of their marketing. They sell sex. Their YouTube views prove that, it's horrible to think but teenage boys and grown men are getting off on their videos. They're not watching to listen to their voices.

Now all the girls are 18 and above, it's getting more intense obviously. It's the direction their management has taken them. They're getting huge views so its working, I guess.
  • Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex sells but they are really talented so really they don't need to be so over sexualised all the time there are plenty of singers out there who get just as many views without having to take their clothes off - it's working for them now but what about the long run.