DC's Legends of Tomorrow - UK PACE - Sky 1

Comments

• CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    If the Universe is that resilient to such massive tampering then why would the Time Masters be concerned over the Legend's actions anyway?

It still doesn't make the idea of punishing tampering by more tampering any less nonsensical!

Well that there's the crux of the whole show though :)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday's episode had the time-honoured cliche of the good guys persuading the offspring of the evil dictator to change sides by showing them what a total barsteward Daddy is
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,684
    Forum Member
    Yes. And? So what? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just too obvious, it would have been much more interesting if Snart had failed to persuade her
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    It's just too obvious, it would have been much more interesting if Snart had failed to persuade her

Not really, she just would have been a cliched evil offspring character.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    If the Universe is that resilient to such massive tampering then why would the Time Masters be concerned over the Legend's actions anyway?

It still doesn't make the idea of punishing tampering by more tampering any less nonsensical!

Remember when it first started and rip told them they can't do anything that could change the timeline which I'm sure everyone watching knew they would and so it's proved in pretty much every ep.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying the series but I don't understand why Rip thought the Time Masters would be on his side? It was only 2 episodes ago that they sent the Pilgrim after them.

I think Thursdays episode contained my favourite line of the series so far lol.

Vandal Savage: Who are you to stand up against ME, Vandal Savage, Destroyer of Empires?

Leonard Snart: Leonard Snart, Robber of ATMs!
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a brilliant yet sad episode.

Snart. :(
    Forum Member
    Indeed. Unfortunately I inadvertently spoilered myself a few weeks ago :( (As I just did tonight for next week's finale. Oh well :()

This series has certainly improved over the season. Weirdly it's not as light as The Flash but not as dark as The Arrow either. Really enjoyed it. Roll on Season 2; whatever they're going to do with it.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think a weakness of the show has been it's huge cast, nine major heroes was it? Rather than a Walking Dead style of concentrating on different members each week they decided to give every person a key roll every week which leads to diluted shattered stories.

So I feel the odd loss of a hero along the way has actually been for the best. If they could off another one or two I think it would be even better.
  • SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG I cried at the Snart/Rory farewell scene!! :cry: (I do absolutely adore those two - we must see Snart again, we just must!)

So now we have Hourman! :o (I was squinting under the hood, but could see it wasn't Arrow or Arsenal - that would have been toooo complicated!) Bringing in the JSA is pretty smart - there's so many characters there? Looks like this series has legs after all...:)
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG I cried at the Snart/Rory farewell scene!! :cry: (I do absolutely adore those two - we must see Snart again, we just must!)

So now we have Hourman! :o (I was squinting under the hood, but could see it wasn't Arrow or Arsenal - that would have been toooo complicated!) Bringing in the JSA is pretty smart - there's so many characters there? Looks like this series has legs after all...:)

Seems that was Wentworth's last scenes in the show. Read it elsewhere.
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Seems that was Wentworth's last scenes in the show. Read it elsewhere.

Read he will be working for the 'universe' not the show.
    Hope we will see Hawkman and Hawkgirl next season. Though believe Hawkgirl may be another 'universe' character between shows.

With a Superman cast, seems we will have one heck of a support cast of heroes next year.
  • Hampton WickHampton Wick Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope we will see Hawkman and Hawkgirl next season. Though believe Hawkgirl may be another 'universe' character between shows.

With a Superman cast, seems we will have one heck of a support cast of heroes next year.

The Hawk characters were rubbish .. they really dragged the show down. They had pretty much the same 'power' as Savage (immortality/rebirth) and would have started on a par with him yet all they did for thousands of years was get killed by him, making him progressively stronger. 'Hawkman' was always an annoying plonker, no matter what incarnation he was in. Plus, lots of wooden acting by 'Hawkgirl' too.

All the time travel stuff was completely inconsistent in terms of what would or wouldn't change the timeline, they very obviously just made it up as they went along.

That said, the final couple of episodes were a jump in quality over most of what went before and the hawks are gone so maybe there is hope.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No the Hawks are gone for def.

There are new characters coming in
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Both Hawks are not returning for Season Two, they've already announced that. Hourman will be a new character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Quite right

http://www.starburstmagazine.com/tv-news/15174-wentworth-miller-signs-unique-warner-bros-tv-deal
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    The Hawk characters were rubbish .. they really dragged the show down. They had pretty much the same 'power' as Savage (immortality/rebirth) and would have started on a par with him yet all they did for thousands of years was get killed by him, making him progressively stronger. 'Hawkman' was always an annoying plonker, no matter what incarnation he was in. Plus, lots of wooden acting by 'Hawkgirl' too.

All the time travel stuff was completely inconsistent in terms of what would or wouldn't change the timeline, they very obviously just made it up as they went along.

That said, the final couple of episodes were a jump in quality over most of what went before and the hawks are gone so maybe there is hope.

The hawk characters were rubbish (not the actors). Boring as heck and always stories about love. Yuck.
  • BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    The hawk characters were rubbish (not the actors). Boring as heck and always stories about love. Yuck.

they were the worst heroes ever...she kept getting caught by savage and he was forever being killed/captured
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they were the worst heroes ever...she kept getting caught by savage and he was forever being killed/captured

Rather like what happens with their comic book incarnations only in those its not Vandal Savage who is their enemy but the Egyptian priest Hath-Set and his various incarnations :)
  • jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will the flashpoint storyline that has just been confirmed for the Flash leak into the legends story it will be Interesting if it does
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    This show this season felt like it didn't know what it was, almost like it was a season long tryout for the writers to see what worked and what didn't and take the best bits forward into series 2

When you throw in the mythologies of rip hunter, hawkman/girl, vandal savage (and mix him up with seth too) and throw in two bad guys from the flash, one good guy from the flash and two arrow semi regulars then it's not surprising the result is not exactly a cohesive whole

Some episodes were better than others and I felt the underused firestorm and atom were the most interesting of the bunch but most episodes were underwhelming I felt

Oh well, it's only series 1. Let's hope it's like tng and a bad series 1 doesn't mean the series doesn't have potential ;)
    Forum Member
    When you throw in the mythologies of ...
    OTOH I don't have any of that knowledge so couldn't care less. Which might explain why I don't agree with your other comments :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jedi matt wrote: »
    Will the flashpoint storyline that has just been confirmed for the Flash leak into the legends story it will be Interesting if it does

I think, given there's going to be a four show crossover, there will have to be some impact on LoT but also given that this show's operated "outside the timeline" it may not actually make any long term difference :D
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    So Sky 1 have announced start dates for the new seasons of Arrow,Flash and Supergirl but no date yet for Legends Of Tomorrow which is a concern as are they delaying it till 2017?