6k santa run on saturday!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
Forum Member
✭✭
hi guys,

just need someone to make up my mind for me basically. im trying to decide whether to enter into this run on saturday for charity, i havent entered yet although there is still time. what's putting me off is that id have to go alone which is really depressing! i havent trained either but my general fitness level is 5k so completing it isnt a problem. its gonna take about an hour to get there too, and i cant overly afford the entry fee but the main reason i think i want to do it is for a bit of self esteem. being indecisive is a curse, what do you think i should do? :o

Comments

• Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    If you can't afford it, don't do it, especially in this current climate. For self esteem, go on a 6k run for free (eg run anywhere)

Can't decide if this is a self indulgent thread and you're waiting for a "go for it, well done" comment to make yourself feel good.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with pistol - go on your ho ho ho-own for a run somewhere. And stick on a santa hat and beard combo
  • BatPieBatPie Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was interested in doing one of these Santa runs for fun, but i was told youre expected to raise sponsorship or donate money yourself. Check if thats the case with the one youre looking at, as £12 entry fee + £10? token donation + transport costs will make it quite an expensive half hour run.

It does look fun though, but i dont want to be begging people for sponsorship for a race on a monthly basis as seems the way with most of these events.