Which DS forum/s do you avoid?

13»

Comments

• Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rachie wrote: »
    Once, years ago, I started a thread in 'fashion' about tips on where I could find an inexpensive bridesmaid's dress and got a couple of replies so snotty I never went back :D

I'm not a Dr Who fan but I was reading that forum yesterday as I was interested to see what people were saying about Peter Capaldi- there are some solid gold mentalists in there. Much scarier than the BB forums even! :eek:

Just always remember that the nasty posters are emboldened by their anonymity and wouldn't dare to speak to somebody in the same way. They are weak.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Showbiz - vicious bunch of shrieking harpies.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    Politics, Big Brother & the worst offender recently (although it's died down a bit now that he's been named) Doctor Who.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnitaS wrote: »
    Big Brother is somewhere I've only peeked at - it was scary in there and I never went back. The X Factor appreciation threads baffle me too. Oh and I'd never dare post in Politics.
    It's funny cause there was, for some strange reason, a thread on the BB forum the other day where somebody mentioned scary places on DS to avoid, and many said General Discussion :D (not me I hasten to add lol), it did make me chuckle, as I've often seen posts similar to your BIB over here on GD :)
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Someone on another thread mentioned the Big Brother Appreciation forum. I don't watch Big Brother, so I've never had cause to go there, but curiosity did compel me to have a peek. :eek: There are no words. I don't know what in Hell is going on in the various threads, but some of them appear to be nothing more than single posters talking to themselves for days on end with strange, rambling comments about... well, I'm not even sure what about. It is quite frightening. It's like reading a blog written entirely by one person as they descend into madness.

And you say the Doctor Who forum is even worse? :eek:
    I think you may have wondered into the Big Brother Appreciation Threads, rather than the BB main board. There is one thread on the AT in particular where there is a lady who tends to post alone for long periods of time (the JJJAT) bless her :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are there any forums on DS, you tend to avoid?

I usually avoid 'The Showbiz Forum' as it seems very much like the Daily Mail, where negativity towards women is very common.

Katie Price & Kerry Katona don't count.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't bother with:
    I dont go into anything too technical
    Big brother - No interest
    Soaps - No interest

Lurk but don't post (I'm shy :o)
    Football
    Gaming
    Doctor Who

The rest of the threads I don't avoid but I've just never found the appeal strong enough to go there.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnitaS wrote: »
    Big Brother is somewhere I've only peeked at - it was scary in there and I never went back. The X Factor appreciation threads baffle me too. Oh and I'd never dare post in Politics.

Politics is not too bad. You are allowed an opinion and if you disagree people don't jump down your throat. People even apologise if they have said anything untoward IMO. BB is boring as I don't watch BB. Favourite is Soaps and Food. But do dip into magazines, fashion and very occasionally showbiz. General discussion is an odd one . I dip in but can get a bit nasty IMO.

I have been know to go on some of the technical ones for advice and have usually benefited from really good advice. I recently asked about a dongle to use with my Humax and I saved £20.00.:)
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any of the forums about Big Brother/X Factor/The Voice and all that crap. I lurk alot in the Doctor Who forum but I've never dared post.
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I generally don't venture into the hidden sex forum. It's just too much hassle opting in, then entering the passwords, verifying my age and doing the secret handshake.
  • Options
    Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are a lot of hidden landmines in Soaps if you are not a fully paid up member of the EE fan club :eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    I generally don't venture into the hidden sex forum. It's just too much hassle opting in, then entering the passwords, verifying my age and doing the secret handshake.

Didn't know there was a hidden sex forum.:confused: I thought that was the advice forum, some threads are a bit :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Didn't know there was a hidden sex forum.:confused: I thought that was the advice forum, some threads are a bit :o

I don't go in advice because i either give bad advice or just tell barefaced lies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There are a lot of hidden landmines in Soaps if you are not a fully paid up member of the EE fan club :eek::eek:

So true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    So true.

I remember the time Pat Butcher said that in EE. Do you remember when she said that, you'd better remember.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    The BB forum is a little bit intimidating. Not that it puts me off, it's just there are a lot of comments about people in there which I disagree with, and I know I'd get into a pretty petty argument even when I don't watch the show that often.
  • Options
    peroquilperoquil Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I think you may have wondered into the Big Brother Appreciation Threads, rather than the BB main board. There is one thread on the AT in particular where there is a lady who tends to post alone for long periods of time (the JJJAT) bless her :D

That's the one I saw. How that thread fits into the rules here about constructive posts I'll never know, as it is patently just one or two peoples' descent into madness. Say as much on that thread though and I imagine you'd be banned quicker than you could say "JJJ best BB couple ever"
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Brother is the show that i'm not obsessed about now, But watch it sometimes when there is nothing else on. No forum puts me off. I don't like the X Factor being talked about in the main ratings thread. Its annoying to scroll past posts of that and rubbish soaps to get to the actual ratings.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    peroquil wrote: »
    That's the one I saw. How that thread fits into the rules here about constructive posts I'll never know, as it is patently just one or two peoples' descent into madness. Say as much on that thread though and I imagine you'd be banned quicker than you could say "JJJ best BB couple ever"

Is it me or is that particular thread a bit creepy? I just had a look out of curiousity and the poster just seems to post rubbish about rubbish. :confused:
  • Options
    Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it me or is that particular thread a bit creepy? I just had a look out of curiousity and the poster just seems to post rubbish about rubbish. :confused:

It's hilarious :D I think it's the longest thread on DS and 99 % of it is one woman talking to herself.

The Alexandra Burke bum licking thread is funny aswell, particularly when her last album bombed. She has some very devoted fans! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peroquil wrote: »

Just had a look out of curiousity and it a little weird.
  • Options
    peroquilperoquil Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not creepy, but very sad and almost suggestive of mental illness. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything to do with reality TV or soaps as I don't have an interest.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Showbiz, it's a trash area.
  • Options
    Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    I post mostly in GD and Chatter.

I do venture into Music and Cult TV shows, but not often.

I wouldn't say I avoid any DS forums,really. I'd say it's more like not having an interest or the time to post.