Options

Is BBBOTS slowly phasing out AJ?

Comments

• Options
    scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in hope because shes terrible. They can keep Rylan as hes surprisingly good.
  • Options
    KayokKayok Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    AJ has not improved her presenting skills, I think she is worse now than she was back in June. She fluffs her lines all the time, not just occasionally, she does not listen to answers just ploughs on with her own voice, and to top it all, the one thing that drives me mad, is not only has she an accent as thick as fog, but she also has a speech impediment, and cannot say 'W' she says 'ver' and sometimes it seems like she is eating her own teeth. Just my opinion. She is fun, beautiful and seems very likeable but she should be a lot better by now. If Rylan would just stop saying 'now listen' every sentence he would be fine.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is that true? Having checked the Channel 5 website it states that Rylan and AJ are presenting on 26 August

He said it right at the end after having talked to Ian 2 in the Digital Box

http://www.channel5.com/shows/celebrity-big-brothers-bit-on-the-side/episodes/cbb-bots-supersized-sunday-episode-1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Oh BOTP is just a joke and one of those shows where AJ is definitely doing wrong. The show would be so much better if they had Judi James and Pam Spurr as the regulars over the Dr. Funkay and the performance coach. It would be better off presented by Emma as well. Also Ian Lee should have been ousted series and series ago.

I didn't quite realise so many people thought AJ was awful lol. I still think she's improving and like it when she doesn't allow people to not answer questions or avoid them. By the looks of it she won't be back next year
  • Options
    HBlockHBlock Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    she hasn't improved . the worst is in the phone room , she just acts stupid and takes forever trying to decide how to ask the caller what they want to say

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

IT DOES MY HEAD IN - SHE SPENDS 5 MINUTES INTERRUPTING PEOPLE AND CAN'T STAND IT IF SHE ISN'T THE CENTRE OF ATTENTION. I WISH SHE WOULD SHUT UP AND LEAVE QUIETLY VIA THE BACK DOOR.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, she is terrible.She stumbles, fluffs, talks over people but once you get over that and believe me you will she's actually quite fun and likeable and a pretty good laugh overall.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    You need to wear a welders helmet just to watch the show when Rylans on it, and AJ isn't much use either, hopefully both will go before the next CBB.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's really irritating, I find myself repeating what she's saying in that daft voice rather than listening to what she actually says. She never lets anyone say anything good about any of the HM's that she doesn't like, and boy can you ever tell who she DOESN'T like and who she does. Very pretty girl, but rubbish presenter. Rylan is surprisingly ok though, although he still goes over the top a bit at times, but he seems better at interviewing.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    She's really irritating, I find myself repeating what she's saying in that daft voice rather than listening to what she actually says. She never lets anyone say anything good about any of the HM's that she doesn't like, and boy can you ever tell who she DOESN'T like and who she does. Very pretty girl, but rubbish presenter. Rylan is surprisingly ok though, although he still goes over the top a bit at times, but he seems better at interviewing.

I must admit Rylan has been better than I expected , and he's improved .

but AJ - dear lord , I've had enough , she can't stay focussed on whats being said for more than 2 seconds and then blunders over everything , she's a verbal version of the Golightlys .

• Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so!

I can't watch it when she's on.
  • Options
    Paul MichaelPaul Michael Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    I think Rylan is a GREAT presenter. He is alot better than i initially expected. BBOTS is great when the right people are on panel.

Ian Lee must stay too!
  • Options
    Noisy OysterNoisy Oyster Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they need to get rid of AJ and Rylan...they are too "daft"...make a mockery of the whole thing. As much as I loved Brian Dowling as a BB contestant and winner..he was rubbish at presenting the show. BB made a good move replacing him with Emma...lets hope they can do the same with AJ and Rylan. I really think Luke A (as the sensible one)...and. Luke Marsden has a great sense of humour but can also be sensible!..

I like Rylan as a presenter. AJ went up massively in my estimation after the professional way she handled the situation with Iain Lee and Callum but, unfortunately, I still can't understand what she says half the time - which is a bit unfortunate to say the least since that's her job.

Agree about Brian too, he was so wooden it was painful to watch.

As regards Luke Anderson and Luke Marsden, I think they would both make great regular panellists along with one or two others like Dexter, Tom and of course Aaron and Faye (though I don't think the Producers would ever agree to those last two). It's a shame that Channel 5 now have such a number of valuable ex-BB contestants from the shows and don't use them to their best advantage. I know Luke Marsden came from the Channel 4 days but he's so funny that I'd be prepared to let him on the show :D
  • Options
    .Dozy Rosie.Dozy Rosie Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Rylan as a presenter. AJ went up massively in my estimation after the professional way she handled the situation with Iain Lee and Callum but, unfortunately, I still can't understand what she says half the time - which is a bit unfortunate to say the least since that's her job.

Agree about Brian too, he was so wooden it was painful to watch.

As regards Luke Anderson and Luke Marsden, I think they would both make great regular panellists along with one or two others like Dexter, Tom and of course Aaron and Faye (though I don't think the Producers would ever agree to those last two). It's a shame that Channel 5 now have such a number of valuable ex-BB contestants from the shows and don't use them to their best advantage. I know Luke Marsden came from the Channel 4 days but he's so funny that I'd be prepared to let him on the show :D

Thanks noisy!! Nice to meet a decent poster on here!! There must be ( if Ex housemates)..other people out there to do BBBOTs.......without making a mockery of the whole show. Not saying it should be 100% serious...but they do make me turn off......shame really!!!:D
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like her.

Yes, she fluffs her lines occasionally, but at least she seems interested in what the panelists have to say, as opposed to just slogging on with her USP, some nebulous brand agenda.

If I thought there wouldn't be any issues with the authorities, and so on, I'd put a full stop on Emma Willis' career tomorrrow, no problem.

Yes, it's irrational to entertain these feelings ( these ink dark feelings) about a show one, at the end of the day, does not have to watch.

But all the same, how can any of you think AJ is the problem?

If you had just one bullet, plotted up up with a notional sniper rifle near the C5 studio, would you use it on AJ? When you knew Willis was going to be doing her 'screechy-running-about-oh-I'm-so-excited' thing quite shortly?

:eek: You need a good old lie down in a dark room or failing that a trip to a professional mental health facility.:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    I hope she stays and if she does go I want another clean slate I want her and Rylan gone if she is fired!
  • Options
    LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's awful, cannot understand her, and when she stumbles over her words it's worse. She talks like the viewers are simpletons. Rylan is beginning to grate too with his comedy teeth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    she hasn't improved . the worst is in the phone room , she just acts stupid and takes forever trying to decide how to ask the caller what they want to say

Completely agree. I think she believes the callers ring to talk to her, then after 10 mins of babbling she finally asks the caller for their question.
  • Options
    dans_t16sdans_t16s Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has a real problem presenting from autocue, and even worse when trying to adlib. But she's a dream to look at. Her tits and bum. wow. Just needs something in her mouth to stop her talkIng.
  • Options
    SammmymackSammmymack Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have changed my view lately and think they have gelled as a pair. She's sardonic and so upbeat in equal measure and she wears lovely shoes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    I hope she stays and if she does go I want another clean slate I want her and Rylan gone if she is fired!

I wasn't a fan of Rylan on XFactor or of his time on CBB, but I have to say he's improved a lot compared to A.J. who sounds like she has a mouth full of marbles.
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I really like her, but definitely some areas she could improve. I dont think she does the phone room very well, I know she probably has a producer shouting in her ear to move on from each caller but its not done very smoothly at all. I think the producers really should give AJ and Rylan different segments playing to each of their strengths - if they are both trying to interview people they tend to speak over each other or the conversation doesnt flow. AJ is good with the audience and guests, plus the news whilst Rylan does the phones well and seems to have fun walking around the audience.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see AJ teamed up with Iain Lee. Rylan annoyed me on CBB and he annoys me now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...and. Luke Marsden has a great sense of humour but can also be sensible!..

They should have 2 presenters which are consistantly rotated from:

Luke Marsden, Liam McGough, Victor Ebuwa, Vanessa Feltz & Iain Lee.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said, I don't mind her, she gets over excited and loses control:D, it's Rylan that I can not take to, For all I care they can both skip down the road holding hand if AJ is fired.:p
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The main problem is that she doesn't seem to listen very well and when you want to hear what somebody has to say she's talking all over them.