Charles Haddon RIP

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
Forum Member
✭✭
Can't see this already posted anywhere, so:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11047951

Ou-est la swimming pool singer allegedly committed suicide. I find this really sad, he was only 22 and they were a good band. :cry:

RIP.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I've heard of them before, but RIP.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    My first thought was that the singer must not have agreed with the OP...

Perhaps he'd taken something and had a bad trip?

Still, it's always sad when someone so young take their own life like that. Such a waste.
  • SILLY SUESILLY SUE Posts: 5,499
    Forum Member
    Heard about this last night on Twitter via NME. There was a link to the article and then a button to click to buy tickets as it looks as though the band were gigging later in the year. I was thinking they should have removed the 'buy tickets' link for obvious reasons. I doubt the rest of the band would want to carry on with any scheduled gigs as not only have they lost their singer, but I would imagine a good friend of theirs. :cry:

I've heard of the band but don't know anything about them other than hearing a 30 second clip of one of their songs. I guessed that the singer would have been in his 20's and as Johnnycash has posted that he was 22, it really is tragic news for family/friends and fans of the guy.
    Forum Member
    :(
    Just read of another death at this Pukkelpop festival. Michael Been frontman with The Call has died of a heart attack at the age of 60. He was working as a soundman for his son who is a member of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/52579
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sucks. I liked a few Swimming Pool songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SILLY SUE wrote: »
    Heard about this last night on Twitter via NME. There was a link to the article and then a button to click to buy tickets as it looks as though the band were gigging later in the year. I was thinking they should have removed the 'buy tickets' link for obvious reasons. I doubt the rest of the band would want to carry on with any scheduled gigs as not only have they lost their singer, but I would imagine a good friend of theirs. :cry:

I've heard of the band but don't know anything about them other than hearing a 30 second clip of one of their songs. I guessed that the singer would have been in his 20's and as Johnnycash has posted that he was 22, it really is tragic news for family/friends and fans of the guy.

I saw on the nme website that 'buy tickets' thing, I've just checked and its gone now. This is obviously a shame not only because he was so young, but also the band were definately on the up and had their new album coming out, I really hope the rest of the band decide to release it.

Suddenly the song 'Dance the Way I feel' sounds completely different!! :(
    Forum Member
    Johnnycash wrote: »
    I saw on the nme website that 'buy tickets' thing, I've just checked and its gone now. This is obviously a shame not only because he was so young, but also the band were definately on the up and had their new album coming out, I really hope the rest of the band decide to release it.

Suddenly the song 'Dance the Way I feel' sounds completely different!! :(

Glad NME have updated that link.

I agree the band seemed to be on the up just from what I've read - the amount of gigs they had coming up. Lots of international appearances amongst them.

Would be a fitting tribute for their friend if they did go ahead with the release of the album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I discovered these through NME about a year ago with 'Dance The Way I Feel' and loved it. I went to see them a few times in London and saw them support La Roux and they are a genuinely fantastic band both live and recorded.

Such sad news, a great musician has been lost. I can't even think what the rest of the band and his family and friends are going through! RIP Charles.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SILLY SUE wrote: »
    :(
    Just read of another death at this Pukkelpop festival. Michael Been frontman with The Call has died of a heart attack at the age of 60. He was working as a soundman for his son who is a member of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/52579

Thats a real shocker - one of my favourite bands of the 80's
    'Let The Day Begin' was a superb pop/rock song.

RIP to the both of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.I.P, really liked OELSP, quite a good debut album as well, coming out next week in fact :( not the greatest live band, but decent on record.
  • TomDaOneTomDaOne Posts: 11,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is very sad news, I watched these guys play in the rising stage tent at the summer sundae weekender festival in 2009.

Dance The Way I Feel and all it's remixes got such a rinsing on my iPod last year and the early months of 2010. Awesome track. I hope the band can carry on. Do they or did they have any plans for an album?

RIP Charles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ben_122 wrote: »
    R.I.P, really liked OELSP, quite a good debut album as well, coming out next week in fact :( not the greatest live band, but decent on record.

Oh cool a new album next week, thanks I didn't know that.

Thought they were pretty good when I saw them play last year. Very enthusiastic.
  • BikoBiko Posts: 2,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP, I was quite shocked by this news cos they're one of the few new bands I like
  • Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    RIP, they were a band of great potential :(
  • ElectroflowerElectroflower Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    I heard about this yesterday, it's tragic. RIP Charles Haddon. I didn't know their music that well apart from Dance the Way I Feel, which I really like but I also saw them live on Brighton seafront at the Great Escape Festival. They were so fun - brilliant live performers. As others are saying, they had so much potential and I hope they do eventually release their album.
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad news. Safe to say that he was off his tits on something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RaiseItUp wrote: »
    I discovered these through NME about a year ago with 'Dance The Way I Feel' and loved it. I went to see them a few times in London and saw them support La Roux and they are a genuinely fantastic band both live and recorded.

Such sad news, a great musician has been lost. I can't even think what the rest of the band and his family and friends are going through! RIP Charles.

That is such a jammin tune, can't believe I haven't heard it before...
  • HaberdasherHaberdasher Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Middle-class attention seeker playing the part of tortured musical genius. Without being a genius. :yawn:
  • captainboocaptainboo Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Middle-class attention seeker playing the part of tortured musical genius. Without being a genius. :yawn:
    Some of us here actually knew Charlie and are completely devastated by the whole incident.

Might be an idea to think before you post in a thread like this. Or, better still, not saying anything at all. Moron.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How unbelievably disrespectful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a lovely person you are.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry that the guys dead but I'd never heard of him or the band.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well aren't you a delight...

Prat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Go back to your cave, people won't miss you.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    I'm sorry that the guys dead but I'd never heard of him or the band.

Not heard of him/them either but just sought out a couple of their tracks on youtube and seems quite good.