What is the fascination with hoarders?

Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
Forum Member
Yet another format of programmes where TV gives you a judgemental and moral lesson, don't have too much stuff which surely goes against the spirit of the advertisers!
A very simple thread, why are there so many TV shows about hoarders, what is it about this particular subject which they think so fascinates viewers?
It must have emerged from programmes such as How Clean Is Your House and You Are What You Eat, a sort of nannying, self improvement let's look at them and judge them sort of programming.
But surely when you've seen 1 or 2 programmes about hoarders, it is only a slight variation on a theme.

Comments

• zx50zx50 Posts: 91,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's interesting to see how extreme some people's hoarding has gotten. I can't understand how hoarding can develop into something that has a massive impact on your life. I don't know how they can live in their mess.
  • yesman2012yesman2012 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its because a lot of us are hoarders to some extent, we keep stuff that we should otherwise throw away.
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britain's Biggest Hoarders was the best show on the subject.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    We've become hoarders of hoarder programmes :D Some kind of metaphysical response to the hoarder in us all ;)