Options

"Not Scotland" - What are STV Playing At? (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why we have the cr@p channel stv Glasgow that barely anyone watches why can't we have itv+1 it is really annoying. I suppose we should be grateful to catchup some shows on demand but not all the shows are available. If you don't have broadband, smart tv & a sky+ box it will be difficult to watch any shows you have missed.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why we have the cr@p channel stv Glasgow that barely anyone watches why can't we have itv+1 it is really annoying. I suppose we should be grateful to catchup some shows on demand but not all the shows are available. If you don't have broadband, smart tv & a sky+ box it will be difficult to watch any shows you have missed.

I am assuming your one of the viewers that has Freeview? I do agree why the heck STV have to advertise STV Glasgow nationally is beyond me as anyone outwith these local areas can't view them unless you have access to a possible Sky box or broadband. I agree with you on regards of catchup/on demand but if your living in a STV area you won't get these missed shows on their player. However if you have access to sky/VM by default its on ITV Player (so whatever STV didn't air ITV has it). I think still since that dispute STV still have not made it easier for people to view missed shows, as usual its a gamble with them whether they will air it or not
  • Options
    Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And they've the cheek to want to launch in more towns/cities next year. Full of stuff that could easily be repeated through the night, and cheap tat talk shows. >:( Instead of launching these dreadful channels they would have been more thought of if they had invested in production and improving the main STV channel.

ps STV OPT OUTS for the week ahead (Sat-Fri) posting here shortly... :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STV OPT OUTS from Sat. 1st-Fri. 7th inclusive:-

Comment - Still no sign of ITV new series Countrywise or Secrets From The Sky.

Meanwhile whilst the Digital channels (and some mainstream too) can offer a variety of programming through the night, our truly AWFUL NATIONAL BROADCASTER shuts up shop and defaults to the turgid Nightshift/Nightscreen from 1.20-6am Sat, 12.15-6am Sun :o, 3.30-6am Mon, 1.50-6am Tue, 1.35-6am Wed, 12.05-6am Thur :o , 1.25-6am Fri. >:(

STV YOU ARE A DISGRACE! >:(

SAT. 1ST:-
    STV - NIGHTSHIFT, ITV - Gambling/Jeremy Kyle USA.

SUN. 2ND:-
    STV - NIGHTSHIFT, NIGHTSCREEN, ITV - The Store/Motorsport/Jeremy Kyle/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle.

MON. 3RD:-
    STV - ON WEIR'S WAY, ITV - Countrywise - primetime.
    STV - SCOTLAND TONIGHT, JEREMY KYLE (x2), NIGHTSCREEN, ITV - Gambling/Jeremy Kyle.

TUE. 4TH:-
    STV - As Monday, ITV - The Cube/Gambling/Loose Women/Jeremy Kyle.

WED. 5TH:-
    STV - As Monday, ITV - Unforgettable Frankie Howerd/Gambling/Jeremy Kyle (x2).

THUR. 6TH:-
    STV - SCOTLAND TONIGHT - Then as Sunday, ITV - River Monsters/Gambling/Tonight/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle.

FRI. 7TH:-
    STV - MOVIEJUICE (7 of 10), ITV - Secrets From The Sky - primetime.
    STV - As Saturday, ITV - Gambling/Jeremy Kyle/Nightscreen.
  • Options
    Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    I am assuming your one of the viewers that has Freeview? I do agree why the heck STV have to advertise STV Glasgow nationally is beyond me as anyone outwith these local areas can't view them unless you have access to a possible Sky box or broadband. I agree with you on regards of catchup/on demand but if your living in a STV area you won't get these missed shows on their player. However if you have access to sky/VM by default its on ITV Player (so whatever STV didn't air ITV has it). I think still since that dispute STV still have not made it easier for people to view missed shows, as usual its a gamble with them whether they will air it or not

Virgin doesn't have ITV Player. ,(Or STV PLayer for that matter). In Scotland that is!>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Virgin doesn't have ITV Player. ,(Or STV PLayer for that matter). In Scotland that is!>:(

Hate to tell you but by default you do see all ITV Programming and if you look carefully it displays ITV I have virgin so I do know and how to use the thing - why do you think I have put ITV Player default on my PS3?

If Virgin Media does not have ITV player or STV how do viewers catch up with Corrie? Oh look Virgin Media site actually points it out! http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/tivo/your-tivo/apps.html . Funny that come to think about it I caught the Lynda Bellingham on "loose women" at a friends house who has ummm Virgin Media and guess where it was? Thats right on ITV Player on catch up (ITV DOG on top left)

On Virgin Media you have all catch up services such BBC IPlayer ITV Player 4OD Demand 5 and some Sky channels so where the heck you get that from you have no access to ITV Player? Freeview viewers possibly don't but I think is it Youview that allows catch up? Pending on area you will either get ITV or STV Player.

I believe it does not matter where you stay in UK you have full access to each broadcasters library (apart from STV) - you have both ITV and STV by default on both Sky and Virgin ie Virgin 103 (STV/Grampian - my "local") STV HD 113 (Glasgow) ITV 853 - all content on Virgin Media by default is ITV not STV in Scotland
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Sirs wrote: »
    STV OPT OUTS from Sat. 1st-Fri. 7th inclusive:-

Comment - Still no sign of ITV new series Countrywise or Secrets From The Sky.

Meanwhile whilst the Digital channels (and some mainstream too) can offer a variety of programming through the night, our truly AWFUL NATIONAL BROADCASTER shuts up shop and defaults to the turgid Nightshift/Nightscreen from 1.20-6am Sat, 12.15-6am Sun :o, 3.30-6am Mon, 1.50-6am Tue, 1.35-6am Wed, 12.05-6am Thur :o , 1.25-6am Fri. >:(

STV YOU ARE A DISGRACE! >:(

SAT. 1ST:-
    STV - NIGHTSHIFT, ITV - Gambling/Jeremy Kyle USA.

SUN. 2ND:-
    STV - NIGHTSHIFT, NIGHTSCREEN, ITV - The Store/Motorsport/Jeremy Kyle/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle.

MON. 3RD:-
    STV - SCOTLAND TONIGHT, JEREMY KYLE (x2), NIGHTSCREEN, ITV - Gambling/Jeremy Kyle.

TUE. 4TH:-
    STV - As Monday, ITV - The Cube/Gambling/Loose Women/Jeremy Kyle.

STV - As Monday, ITV - Unforgettable Frankie Howerd/Gambling/Jeremy Kyle (x2).

STV - SCOTLAND TONIGHT - Then as Sunday, ITV - River Monsters/Gambling/Tonight/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle.

STV - As Saturday, ITV - Gambling/Jeremy Kyle/Nightscreen.

STV ain't going to change who we kidding regarding Nightshift thats where the money comes from
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And they've the cheek to want to launch in more towns/cities next year. Full of stuff that could easily be repeated through the night, and cheap tat talk shows. >:( Instead of launching these dreadful channels they would have been more thought of if they had invested in production and improving the main STV channel.

ps STV OPT OUTS for the week ahead (Sat-Fri) posting here shortly... :p

Yes I heard about that .... STV Aberdeen/STV Dundee - what the heck am I going to get in Dundee from STV? The news and I will hazard a guess as we were the old Grampian area we will see old shows like "pick a number" :o:confused: , why not just launch a new Grampian TV channel altogether than being "local" ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another update on STV OPT OUTS:-

STV - SCOTLAND TONIGHT, JEREMY KYLE (x2), NIGHTSCREEN, ITV - Unforgettable Frankie Howerd/Gambling/Jeremy Kyle (x2).

STV - SCOTLAND TONIGHT, NIGHTSHIFT, NIGHTSCREEN, ITV - River Monsters/Gambling/Tonight/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle.

STV - NIGHTSHIFT, ITV - Gambling/Jeremy Kyle/Nightscreen.

SAT. 8TH:-
    STV - NIGHTSHIFT, NIGHTSCREEN, ITV - As Friday.

SUN. 9TH:-
    STV - As Saturday, ITV - The Store/Motorsport/Jeremy Kyle/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle.

MON. 10TH:-
    STV - As Wed. 5th, ITV - Gambling/Jeremy Kyle.

TUE. 11TH:-
    STV - WOMEN WHO WENT TO WAR, ITV - Hotel In The Clouds (New) - primetime.
    STV - As Wed. 5th, ITV - The Cube/Gambling/Loose Women/Jeremy Kyle.

WED. 12TH:-
    STV - As Wed. 5th, ITV - Gambling/Jeremy Kyle (x2).

THUR. 13TH:-
    STV - SCOTLAND TONIGHT, UNFORGETTABLE FRANKIE HOWERD, NIGHTSHIFT, NIGHTSCREEN, ITV - Ray Mears/Gambling/Tonight/Jeremy Kyle.

FRI. 14TH:-
    STV - MOVIEJUICE (8 of 10), ITV - Secrets From The Sky - primetime.
    STV - NIGHTSHIFT, ITV - Gambling/Jeremy Kyle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another update on STV OPT OUTS:-

STV - SCOTLAND TONIGHT, JEREMY KYLE (x2), NIGHTSCREEN, ITV - Unforgettable Frankie Howerd/Gambling/Jeremy Kyle (x2).

STV - SCOTLAND TONIGHT, NIGHTSHIFT, NIGHTSCREEN, ITV - River Monsters/Gambling/Tonight/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle.

STV - NIGHTSHIFT, ITV - Gambling/Jeremy Kyle/Nightscreen.

SAT. 8TH:-
    STV - NIGHTSHIFT, NIGHTSCREEN, ITV - As Friday.

SUN. 9TH:-
    STV - As Saturday, ITV - The Store/Motorsport/Jeremy Kyle/Nightscreen/Jeremy Kyle.

MON. 10TH:-
    STV - As Wed. 5th, ITV - Gambling/Jeremy Kyle.

TUE. 11TH:-
    STV - WOMEN WHO WENT TO WAR, ITV - Hotel In The Clouds (New) - primetime.
    STV - As Wed. 5th, ITV - The Cube/Gambling/Loose Women/Jeremy Kyle.

WED. 12TH:-
    STV - As Wed. 5th, ITV - Gambling/Jeremy Kyle (x2).

THUR. 13TH:-
    STV - SCOTLAND TONIGHT, UNFORGETTABLE FRANKIE HOWERD, NIGHTSHIFT, NIGHTSCREEN, ITV - Ray Mears/Gambling/Tonight/Jeremy Kyle.

FRI. 14TH:-
    STV - MOVIEJUICE (8 of 10), ITV - Secrets From The Sky - primetime.
    STV - NIGHTSHIFT, ITV - Gambling/Jeremy Kyle.

I caught that "secrets from the sky" it is quite interesting - not much into history myself but why STV couldn't have aired it later that night as Fridays STV are in a rush to close up shop after midnight!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I caught that "secrets from the sky" it is quite interesting - not much into history myself but why STV couldn't have aired it later that night as Fridays STV are in a rush to close up shop after midnight!

This coming week STV closes up shop (NIGHTSHIFT/NIGHTSCREEN coming on air) at:-

SAT. 8TH - 1.05am
    SUN - 12.40am >:(
    MON - 2.30am
    TUE - 2.25am
    WED - 2.05am
    THUR - 12.50am >:(
    FRI - 1.05am

Pretty poor as you say. I would have slotted in Secrets:-

SUN NIGHT - 10.45 BROADMOOR, 11.45pm SECRETS, 12.15-1.10am RUGBY UNION.

Keeping an ongoing check on what STV have opted out of (prob. plenty of others from the past but I have lost track - any more?) looks like this:-

COUNTRYWISE - Currently ITV Mon. 8pm
    SECRETS FROM THE SKY - Currently ITV Fri. 8pm
    HOTEL IN THE CLOUDS - ITV Tue. 11th 8pm.

:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This coming week STV closes up shop (NIGHTSHIFT/NIGHTSCREEN coming on air) at:-

SAT. 8TH - 1.05am
    SUN - 12.40am >:(
    MON - 2.30am
    TUE - 2.25am
    WED - 2.05am
    THUR - 12.50am >:(
    FRI - 1.05am

Pretty poor as you say. I would have slotted in Secrets:-

SUN NIGHT - 10.45 BROADMOOR, 11.45pm SECRETS, 12.15-1.10am RUGBY UNION.

Keeping an ongoing check on what STV have opted out of (prob. plenty of others from the past but I have lost track - any more?) looks like this:-

COUNTRYWISE - Currently ITV Mon. 8pm
    SECRETS FROM THE SKY - Currently ITV Fri. 8pm
    HOTEL IN THE CLOUDS - ITV Tue. 11th 8pm.

:(

The people who run STV have no real clue on how to schedule anything these days - all they care about more and more is having enough revenue to keep itself afloat whilst viewers are left to contend with crap programming they give us --- some days I just wish Grampian TV was more back on air so I wouldn't need to put up with their output - but lucky for me I can at least watch ITV (on virgin) for anything I can avoid on Sh.TV

Its also pointless trying to remember what STV have missed out on as they are not that bothered about it - if they were we would see them at least doing something more with the missed shows but again its like a gamble with this lot >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people who run STV have no real clue on how to schedule anything these days - all they care about more and more is having enough revenue to keep itself afloat whilst viewers are left to contend with crap programming they give us --- some days I just wish Grampian TV was more back on air so I wouldn't need to put up with their output - but lucky for me I can at least watch ITV (on virgin) for anything I can avoid on Sh.TV

Its also pointless trying to remember what STV have missed out on as they are not that bothered about it - if they were we would see them at least doing something more with the missed shows but again its like a gamble with this lot >:(

For the benefit of other readers/posters on the thread I will run it anyway so it gives us an idea of what STV have opted out of (or are behind on) since this month going forward (i.e. Nov. 2014). Old thread stalwarts like us Kezo we know by now to "just read it and weep!" :(:( >:( >:(
  • Options
    daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STV are struggling financially
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are they I didnt know that.
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Moviejuice is actually a really good show but probably only because the interviews. ITV are missing out without a weekly movie show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Moviejuice is actually a really good show but probably only because the interviews. ITV are missing out without a weekly movie show.

Supposedly "STV" don't make that its an outside contractor (or basically the movie companies do it for them .... possibly costs them nothing), just stick an annoying presenter on it and run with it.

ITV use to run in 90's Movies, Movies Movies then later it was renamed Movies Games and Videos :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If this is true then why do they blab so much on profits I wonder - can you provide us a source? As the only sources I will find is them blab on about profits (be more than welcome) :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Supposedly "STV" don't make that its an outside contractor (or basically the movie companies do it for them .... possibly costs them nothing), just stick an annoying presenter on it and run with it.

ITV use to run in 90's Movies, Movies Movies then later it was renamed Movies Games and Videos :D

Each to their own but personally I think Moviejuice is poor - I find the presenter annoying, and quite frankly it's nothing but cheap filler in primetime - another disgrace from a national broadcaster. >:( Fair enough if it was shown late night ala Film show on BBC1 but come on, who are STV kidding airing this tat at 8pm??? >:(

I'm old enough to remember Clapperboard on ITV, presented by Chris Kelly in the 1970s at least that was half decent back then, and shown on a Saturday morning!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Each to their own but personally I think Moviejuice is poor - I find the presenter annoying, and quite frankly it's nothing but cheap filler in primetime - another disgrace from a national broadcaster. >:( Fair enough if it was shown late night ala Film show on BBC1 but come on, who are STV kidding airing this tat at 8pm??? >:(

I'm old enough to remember Clapperboard on ITV, presented by Chris Kelly in the 1970s at least that was half decent back then, and shown on a Saturday morning!

I know ITV has "cheap" programming in its schedule a la "dinner date" a la "may the best house win" with the dodgy camera angles (must be using camcorders) but for shows STV produce is basically just that ... dodgy .... where is the "superior" in its opt outs? Good grief Secrets in the Sky on ITV in my mind makes the New Weirs Way look like piss water - I think my problem with this lot is it has to be done "cheap" but are more willing to throw their hard earn cash on poxy comps and shareholders but can't be assed making half decent programming for both STV public and in general ITV, plus I rarely see STV venture that much outside Glasgow unless its to do with the Appeal or the recent "weirs way" - for a channel that has more resources in Scotland ie STV North (which they barely use and is well what a part time channel - flick switch on/off?), ads are possibly controlled on Clyde as well? STV North hardly exists these days such a shame really but heck what do this lot at STV really care about .... the shareholders more than its viewers
  • Options
    Pop PrincessPop Princess Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STV seem very determined to advertise the fact that "Take Me", some long forgotten 13 year old Robson Green drama, is available on STV Player. They're trailing it as if it's brand new almost. I doubt many people were clamouring for that repeat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    STV seem very determined to advertise the fact that "Take Me", some long forgotten 13 year old Robson Green drama, is available on STV Player. They're trailing it as if it's brand new almost. I doubt many people were clamouring for that repeat!

The way STV advertises older programming is a joke and I agree with your comment - they make it sound as if its new, they do that all the time - I think their aim is that we all need to see repeats of Taggart/Rebus on STV Player yet the Drama channel/Alibi repeat them :D

I wouldn't mind if STV had made new drama and that was what they were advertising but good god!

I caught David Heyman on Weirs Way - overall not bad just basically really a programme showing the change of landscape from then to now (in a nutshell) - and actually for once STV hardly has any "dodgy" HD cameras/production - why the hell can STV not do this more often?? :confused: - they could in my mind sell this to the UKTV Network - Eden (possibly?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know ITV has "cheap" programming in its schedule a la "dinner date" a la "may the best house win" with the dodgy camera angles (must be using camcorders) but for shows STV produce is basically just that ... dodgy .... where is the "superior" in its opt outs? Good grief Secrets in the Sky on ITV in my mind makes the New Weirs Way look like piss water - I think my problem with this lot is it has to be done "cheap" but are more willing to throw their hard earn cash on poxy comps and shareholders but can't be assed making half decent programming for both STV public and in general ITV, plus I rarely see STV venture that much outside Glasgow unless its to do with the Appeal or the recent "weirs way" - for a channel that has more resources in Scotland ie STV North (which they barely use and is well what a part time channel - flick switch on/off?), ads are possibly controlled on Clyde as well? STV North hardly exists these days such a shame really but heck what do this lot at STV really care about .... the shareholders more than its viewers

Yes I agree ITV has "cheap" programming too but somehow it doesn't look cheap in comparison to the rubbish produced by STV! >:( Never mind there's always the local STV channels - showing (cough) all the latest local content (cough) and endless repeats of High Road and other relics that could be trotted out on the main STV channel... :blush:

It's a (unfunny) joke - typical of STV, we should be used to their amateurish tactics by now! :(
    The way STV advertises older programming is a joke and I agree with your comment - they make it sound as if its new, they do that all the time - I think their aim is that we all need to see repeats of Taggart/Rebus on STV Player yet the Drama channel/Alibi repeat them :D

I wouldn't mind if STV had made new drama and that was what they were advertising but good god!

I caught David Heyman on Weirs Way - overall not bad just basically really a programme showing the change of landscape from then to now (in a nutshell) - and actually for once STV hardly has any "dodgy" HD cameras/production - why the hell can STV not do this more often?? :confused: - they could in my mind sell this to the UKTV Network - Eden (possibly?)

Said before I like that new Weir's Way, actually think it's well produced and shows off the country in a good light. Quite interesting to find out what's happened to some of the characters since Tom Weir spoke with them all those years ago, David Heyman is no Tom Weir (who was/is?!) but he has a style of his own and comes across as likeable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I agree ITV has "cheap" programming too but somehow it doesn't look cheap in comparison to the rubbish produced by STV! >:( Never mind there's always the local STV channels - showing (cough) all the latest local content (cough) and endless repeats of High Road and other relics that could be trotted out on the main STV channel... :blush:

Said before I like that new Weir's Way, actually think it's well produced and shows off the country in a good light. Quite interesting to find out what's happened to some of the characters since Tom Weir spoke with them all those years ago, David Heyman is no Tom Weir (who was/is?!) but he has a style of his own and comes across as likeable.

I think when we look at programming ITV has during "opt outs" ie Cornwall/Secrets in the Sky the production looks sleek (hardly dodgy) but when we have programming like Moviejuice - the production looks more like as if its came off the back of the lorry!

I personally don't like "revivals" I find them more of a lazy way round of producing anything half decent (I will give Sky credit in Gladiators but I feel with that they went a bit too far with "duel" and everything needing to include a swimming pool - should have just stuck to a mattress!!) but both ITV/STV are at the capers with this at the moment >:(

Regarding Weirs Way with Hayman I admit I may have been a bit harsh with what I said (but obviously we all know why because its STV), it does feel different mixing in both new and old footage and by looks of it carefully produced (as there is a Weir mentioned at end of credit), but I would have just renamed it than living off "Weirs Way" but again on one side it looks good for STV but on the other in my mind its basically lazy programming (again) and will it be sold on worldwide? Or will UKTV buy rights to it? (I can't see it but I am guessing STV will have a DVD on it)
  • Options
    seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STV ain't going to change who we kidding regarding Nightshift thats where the money comes from

How does that make money? It has no adverts, of games and I doubt the texts makes alot of money.