Heart Manchester...If only!

HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Will there ever be an option for heart in Manchester or even the north west?

Hope so!

Comments

• bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why? You have Real (which plays similar songs but has a larger playlist).

Will swap our Heart (Bedford) for your Real
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    103.4 and 97.1 cover quite a large chunk of the area.
  • BangersBangers Posts: 3,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitmusic wrote: »

Hope so!
    You get Heart on DAB in Manchester, and have done for years!
  • Gary BrentonGary Brenton Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hope so!

If I had a choice between 'Real' and 'Heart'.....it would be 'Real' everytime.... no idea why anyone would want to hear the same tracks in complete rotation day in day out to be honest... :rolleyes:

I would swap Real for Heart given the chance...

'Real' everytime.... ;)
  • crusher19860138crusher19860138 Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't Go There!!!!!
  • wckartistwckartist Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think the O/P used to post under a different guise??

I'm suspecting thats the case!
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    Perhaps the OP would like to set out the reasons they would like Heart in Manchester, and what they feel it would add to an already crowded market? Otherwise I think this thread has the distinctive smell of troll about it.
  • darkknight77darkknight77 Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wckartist wrote: »

Radio123 and RedKite?
  • HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You guys have got to be joking about REAL NW? It's dire! All over the shop, naff presenters. It sounds so old fashioned, something my dad would listen to and he's only 51!

I wanna listen to heart in my car not via my tv.
  • RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard talk of a franchising deal between GMG and Global is a distinct possibility.
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wckartist wrote: »

I think so but I don't think it's who you think it is.
  • mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard talk of a franchising deal between GMG and Global is a distinct possibility.

Might be after Real Radios next Rajars if they are poor ?
  • NewbieBen12NewbieBen12 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure Real North East rajars haven't done too well recently, the Real Network has merged into Heart anyway interms of playlist / tacky competitions etc, so it won't be too long for the fatal Heart is coming.
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know when Real's become the Lidl version of Heart when High School Days sticks out like a sore thumb.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    105.4 HEART NORTHWEST! Fingers crossed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last ten songs
    Blondie Maria
    Pink Raise Your Glass
    Jls Take A Chance On Me
    Erasure A Little Respect h
    Owl City Fireflies
    Emeli Sande Next To Me
    Bryan Adams Can't Stop This Thing We Started
    One Direction What Makes You Beautiful
    SUGABABES About You Now
    Bruno Mars Grenade

As someone who likes music to sing along to, I listen to radio 2, what's wrong with the above? Do I like them all? No. Do I know some of the new ones? No. But that a name does not ring a bell does not mean it is no good, it has some female and male friendly songs. It is not my personnel jukebox, it is a BROADcaster, having to appeal to BROAD selection of people. I think too many radio stations are becoming NARROWcasters, targeting certain sexes, music, age etc, I think in the future if some have their way narrow casting will be all that's left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure sooner or later you'll have Heart in the NW. And the NE, and Wales, Yorkshire and Scotland. It's only a matter of time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last ten songs
    Blondie Maria
    Pink Raise Your Glass
    Jls Take A Chance On Me
    Erasure A Little Respect h
    Owl City Fireflies
    Emeli Sande Next To Me
    Bryan Adams Can't Stop This Thing We Started
    One Direction What Makes You Beautiful
    SUGABABES About You Now
    Bruno Mars Grenade

As someone who likes music to sing along to, I listen to radio 2, what's wrong with the above? Do I like them all? No. Do I know some of the new ones? No. But that a name does not ring a bell does not mean it is no good, it has some female and male friendly songs. It is not my personnel jukebox, it is a BROADcaster, having to appeal to BROAD selection of people. I think too many radio stations are becoming NARROWcasters, targeting certain sexes, music, age etc, I think in the future if some have their way narrow casting will be all that's left.

Same...same...same again as most of 'Today's Best Music' stations...

If this is the best efforts Heart can do...unfortunately that is the reason it will never appeal to me whatsoever.

The list is far too narrow...far too much of today's repetitive chart and that (to me) is just 'boring' in every sense. Switch on most commercial station and you will hear the same.

There is just one track that appeals to me - 'Owl City' (Fireflies) ...and that's about it.

Radio 2 is far more diverse (and more listenable) to me compared to Heart.

I am not sure about 'Real' these days...but I know when I have listened in the past it played a really good variety with much less chart music and a very diverse playlist and I was saddened when we lost in on DAB here in the Midlands a good few years ago and I hope one day something siimilar will return. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no way that's heart playlist thou! It's Gotta be REAL radios!
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am not sure about 'Real' these days...but I know when I have listened in the past it played a really good variety with much less chart music and a very diverse playlist and I was saddened when we lost in on DAB here in the Midlands a good few years ago and I hope one day something siimilar will return. :rolleyes:

Since Real Digital was axed, the soft rock has been largely dropped and re-focused on the 30 something female (similar to Heart) and less 80s and 90s to a more 00s/current Hot AC playlist with some Capital esque rhythmatic CHR. Because of this refocusing, Real NW axed Ditchy and Salty for a female led breakfast show with one male, this was axed for the current breakfast show with Sam Walker (5 Live/Key 103/Radio Manchester) and Lorna Bancroft.

80s show High School Days, which was Real's great start to Friday nights has been shunted to Sunday evenings, so they can stick on the Heart-esque Real Club Classics two nights a week, which just happens to be on at the same time as the Heart Club Classics show.

It has been said that GMG Radio have been too busy focusing on getting Smooth Radio right, that Real has been neglected.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since Real Digital was axed, the soft rock has been largely dropped and re-focused on the 30 something female (similar to Heart) and less 80s and 90s to a more 00s/current Hot AC playlist with some Capital esque rhythmatic CHR. Because of this refocusing, Real NW axed Ditchy and Salty for a female led breakfast show with one male, this was axed for the current breakfast show with Sam Walker (5 Live/Key 103/Radio Manchester) and Lorna Bancroft.

80s show High School Days, which was Real's great start to Friday nights has been shunted to Sunday evenings, so they can stick on the Heart-esque Real Club Classics two nights a week, which just happens to be on at the same time as the Heart Club Classics show.

It has been said that GMG Radio have been too busy focusing on getting Smooth Radio right, that Real has been neglected.

The club classics (to an extent) on Heart was a good listen...but that got a tad bit repetitive after a while. A lot of my personal collection is the very type Heart played on it's 'Club Classics' show...with the only difference being that there were so many tracks I had that was never played, and the playlist was rather tight. Albeit I like 'Chic' & Sister Sledge'...there is only so many times you can hear the same two tracks.

It is a shame about the soft rock classics being dropped as it did split the format...and add a little more variety to their output.

The good thing about 'Real' was the fact you never knew what track was going to be played next. Another great station that played a simlar variety of music was 'Century' ... it was once a great listen when we had this on DAB over here ion the Midlands.. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

less 80's. that was one thing about Heart that was wearing me down...to many 80's songs. I was 22 in 1990, yes I like some 80's but Heart just seemed to play 80's to death (and the same songs).
    As for the soft rock faded on Real is that to make it sound different to Real Radio XS?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guess we will also know if Real is Heart when artists are played about 130 times a month!
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member

What ARE you banging on about? Come on, either move the debate on or quit trolling.
  • Martin KongMartin Kong Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I take it you want a job at Global?:rolleyes:

And I thought with a username like that, you'll think they listen to Capital Manchester?