Saint Row 4

124»

Comments

• HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm done with this game. to many lockups, making me do the whole mission again because save doesnt save checkpoints.
    Ive got to one mission "The Girl Who Hates The 50s" and every time I try to go to the office, the game hangs on the loading screen. I checked and a number of other people have the same problem, at the same point so its not my PS3. It locksups every time, meaning I have to start the mission again from the start.
    I cant be arsed with this buggy game..I was enjoying it....now...after 5 attempts at this mission, all locking up, I'm done with it. Ive had it less than a week, so I'll see if Tescos give me my money back as its a solid problem others are having.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had it lock up once on my 360 and that was on the menu screen, weirdly enough...
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two minutes ago, it totally locked my Xbox 360 up for the 8th time since I got the game last Friday!

It's a fun game, but more unstable than a rottweiller on crack!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I forgot to mention, since it froze on me, whenever I load up my game it plays one of Keith David's audio clips. Same clip every time...

Funny little bugs, I've played much buggier games though.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine has never froze but the Keith David clip always plays when I load it :p
  • Kai ThompsonKai Thompson Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started this game yesterday and it's my first Saints Row game.
    I'm enjoying the concept and sense of humour but very worried that there is no cover system in a shooter game.... The A.I is also really dumb.
  • dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started this game yesterday and it's my first Saints Row game.
    I'm enjoying the concept and sense of humour but very worried that there is no cover system in a shooter game.... The A.I is also really dumb.

You should drop 4 for now and play 2 and 3 first. A lot of things in 4 will make much more sense. The first game is fairly irrelevant as 2 explains pretty much everything (SR2 was multiplatform but the first game was exclusive to Xbox 360.)

2 is also the best of the series IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dellzincht wrote: »
    You should drop 4 for now and play 2 and 3 first. A lot of things in 4 will make much more sense. The first game is fairly irrelevant as 2 explains pretty much everything (SR2 was multiplatform but the first game was exclusive to Xbox 360.)

2 is also the best of the series IMO.

Whenever somebody starts a new game in a series the fans always recommend going back and playing the other games before they've completed the new one lol
    The only reason why I'm playing Saints Row 4 is because I got it for free. If I complete and enjoy it then I will defo go back and play the ones you suggest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think you need to play 2 and 3 to enjoy or understand 4... though I did prefer both of those to 4...
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying this on the PS4.
  • JimallJimall Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Whenever somebody starts a new game in a series the fans always recommend going back and playing the other games before they've completed the new one lol
    The only reason why I'm playing Saints Row 4 is because I got it for free. If I complete and enjoy it then I will defo go back and play the ones you suggest.

If you have a suitable PC/Steam, you can currently buy Saints Row 2, 3 and 4 (and a bunch of other games) in a Humble Bundle for about £8. You've only got until 7pm tonight though (UK time), then bundle expires. Link below:

https://www.humblebundle.com/deep-silver-bundle-2
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason, for me, to play 3 before 4 is that as far as I can remember, you can take your created character, along with all of it's attributes, in to the 4th game.

I think Gat out of Hell was a missed opportunity as well. Great looking game, but clearly designed as 'filler' until part 5, if they'd have spent a bit more time on it and added even a basic story mode, it would have been great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saints Row 4 was released in 2013, right? Why do the graphics look like something from 2007?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The times jumps are driving me absolutely insane! >:( There's no consistency! I can time the jump for the exact same length in the exact same place and still miss my target! >:(
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just recently purchased this on PS3. When I'm done with the third game, I'll be trying this out.

I played and enjoyed the first and second games years ago so fingers crossed.