Is Sam Bailey getting 35% of all votes?

Comments

• WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact there has been a leak proves the show doesn't want her to win there is never a voting leak if the right act in the eyes of the producers are in the lead.

Exactly. They can't get the judges to criticise her because she is so far ahead of everyone else, so they leak the voting again.
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The copy on that article says 'starring Simon Cowell'! Clearly written by someone in the know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. They can't get the judges to criticise her because she is so far ahead of everyone else, so they leak the voting again.

Spot on. I may not be a Sam B fan but even to me these tactics are very obvious. I think the producers are looking for a Rough Copy win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that all? 35% is nothing. I thought she'd be polling at least 60%.
  • sgeandhusgeandhu Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is meaningless. Is it an average or just one show?

It also contradicts the leaks from DS's very reliable source that say that it is Nicholas topping the voting.

BTW is it just me who is fed up of the constant pimping of her on Gogglebox?
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This could go against Sam people might think she is safe and not vote for her .

My thoughts exactly, producers playing a clever game to get Sam B out?
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sgeandhu wrote: »

It also contradicts the leaks from DS's very reliable source that say that it is Nicholas topping the voting.

This is from the same reliable leak. It only said Nicholas topped week 2, it didn't say he was topping the votes.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this leak credible (i.e. cut from the same cloth as the Maloney/Janet leaks)
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the sun dont have a track record of leaks being correct. Untill we see a daily star leak i dunno if correct
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Im not going to believe The Sun. Daily Star I would take more notice of. It isnt hard to guess that Sam and Nicholas are the top two. It was claimed that Nicholas topped the votes on week 2 already.

I just checked betfair and suddenly money had been laid on Tamera - the last odds exchanged were 1000/1 which is just insane and doesnt make any sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steve2013 wrote: »
    Its the sun dont have a track record of leaks being correct. Untill we see a daily star leak i dunno if correct

This. Isn't The Sun the same paper that said Jedward topped Week 3?
  • BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, for charity. Not because of her.

What?! Of course it's because of her silly.

You could vote for another contestant and 15p would still go to charity. :rolleyes:
  • puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sgeandhu wrote: »

She topped it every week they say, and its full of sources from the show...this was an intentional leak.

one of the quotes:

A source said last night: “Sam Bailey is so far ahead it is unreal. She’s the runaway leader, a million miles in front of her nearest rival and, if it was the final this weekend, she would romp home.
  • JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun claims the current voting order is this:

1 Sam Bailey
    2 Nicholas McDonald
    3 Sam Callahan (:eek:this can't be true)
    4 Rough Copy
    5 Luke Friend
    6 Tamera Foster
    7 Hannah Barrett
  • BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB92 wrote: »
    The Sun claims the current voting order is this:

1 Sam Bailey
    2 Nicholas McDonald
    3 Sam Callahan (:eek:this can't be true)
    4 Rough Copy
    5 Luke Friend
    6 Tamera Foster
    7 Hannah Barrett

I'm NOT surprised! Disgraceful.

Eggnog couldn't sing to save his lfie yet he came 3rd. Sam C could do the same.

No surprise Tamera is 6th, the public doesn't like a ready made star. :rolleyes:

Well done Sam B, I hope these people buy your debut album full of covers next year too. :)
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The papers certainly made us guess and speculate!. I want it to be true but i still have my doubts, just can't see her topping the polls by that much of a %. I think she is fantastic but going off what these shows are like i still have my doubts!

The girls vote for boys formula always the winner
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah the good old trust worth sun, the paper that bought us the bull shite leaks that jedward and wagner were topping the votes

NEVER i repeat NEVER believe any other voting leak paper than the star when it comes to the x factor
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abcd wrote: »
    Ah the good old trust worth sun, the paper that bought us the bull shite leaks that jedward and wagner were topping the votes

NEVER i repeat NEVER believe any other voting leak paper than the star when it comes to the x factor

Exactly.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun claiming she's unbeatable...

This could all be a controlled press leak to make her fans complacent and leverage one of the more marketable acts into the lead.

Let be honest who believes anything that is written in that paper.?
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    I think its certainly possible.

Don't forget Mary Byrne - she topped the vote easily in week 1 and was competitve with Cardle for a couple of weeks after. When they panicked about the possibility she might win the sniping/one trick pony/petty comments started and eventually her vote collapsed.

Saying that she still beat One Direction almost every week in the public vote:D. And Cowell introduced a sing off at the semi final stage to get her out cos he couldn't take the risk Cher or 1D wouldn't make the final - or even get beaten by her in the final as she was due to duet with Shirley Bassey (a showstopper if ever there was one!).

Mary is still living in her council flat in Dublin I believe and 1D are multi millionaires - such is how much the X factor public vote counts for much long term.

We shall see what happens in the next month!
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Suns reliability on storys such as this are pretty poor, Jedward topping the votes, Wagner topping the votes, none of this was true. I would say that on this show the voting can be unpredictable, last year proved that,

However at the same time i take exception to those that are writing Sam B off, theirs alot of brain washing in that if you are male, young, cute and have the aww factor thats your X Factor winner.

Sadly at the moment not one of those acts have shined consistently enough, whilst Sam B who is in her 30's a mum of two and a prison officer is constantly (up to now) stealing the show!

Sam B is in the eyes of alot of voters the opposite to your typical X Factor winner, and for me i so hope that trend changes,
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abcd wrote: »

This.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member
    The papers certainly made us guess and speculate!. I want it to be true but i still have my doubts, just can't see her topping the polls by that much of a %. I think she is fantastic but going off what these shows are like i still have my doubts!

The girls vote for boys formula always the winner
    BIB - Always? Are you sure about that?
  • MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, if this is true, the season already looks like a dud and it's not even over yet.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they'd be happy with Sam Bailey winning, she may not be marketable as a pop artist but she could sell a lot of records like Susan Boyle has.

I think they'd welcome a female winner, and an Over winning as well.