CS: I quite like Maddie

Comments

• sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Yeah I like it too. I also think Tim is sexy - another unpopular opinion on here I'm sure. :D

Not with me! I think Tim is gorgeous! He's John Duttine's nephew isn't he - and John Duttine was a bit of a hottie! I think he's a bloody good actor too.

Back to Maddie - I really like her.
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not with me! I think Tim is gorgeous! He's John Duttine's nephew isn't he - and John Duttine was a bit of a hottie! I think he's a bloody good actor too.

I love Tim's cheeky smile, very sexy. I just looked up JD when he was younger: agreed, he was very pleasant. :)
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say that I've warmed a lot to Maddie recently. It's good that they've toned the character down from the Godawful chav she was earlier this year. Amy Kelly is actually quite a decent actress and I enjoy her character's interactions with Sally, Tim and Carla. The problem is that she's been lumbered with Sawphie, a character who becomes worse with every passing day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirk Angel wrote: »
    I see beauty in any sex male and female but lol no not Tyrone! Anyways judging by his past relationships he seems a bit submissive ;)

Plus! Anyone who has been banging Fiz for a year or so won't be fun!

True, Fiz's constant moaning would be like throwing a cup of ice water at your raging ding dong. :D
  • Kirk AngelKirk Angel Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, Fiz's constant moaning would be like throwing a cup of ice water at your raging ding dong. :D

Cup iof ice water?! More like a cup of lava!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirk Angel wrote: »
    Cup iof ice water?! More like a cup of lava!

Even more terrifying. :D
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit I do like her current portrayal, and I enjoy her interactions with Tim. Just a pity she is paired with Sophie, who just brings her down. And Amy Kelly isn't really that bad, considering this is her first major role on TV.

Hopefully she splits from Sophie.
  • LittleByLittleLittleByLittle Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Becky was hated during her early years. Then became one of the best loved characters the show ever had.

Takes time for characters with rough upbringings to settle down to therefore being toned down by the writing team.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    She was a chavvy trampy robbing street urchin and now suddenly she acts and talks like she has just left finishing school.
    I hated the character of Muddie when she was a tramp; I hate her even more now that Stuart Blackburn has canonized her. But he has stated that Muddie will be in the show as long as he is in charge; so let us hope he will go soon, and take Muddie and Sophie with him.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    I like the actress who plays Maddie.

As for the character, I'm not completely sold on her. Her character development hasn't been organic, rather the writers forcing her qualities to shine.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep Maddar has been turned from a thieving lying little skank into Saint Maddar, the wholesome girl next door. I dont mind her so much but we have to get her Siamese twin in every scene with her mumbling and moaning. Kill off Sophie Webster is what i say.
  • boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly don't dislike her as much as I did but for me the change in her character has happened too quickly. The writers made sure she was consistently unpleasant for months (I genuinely found her scenes with Sophie unwatchable) but she suddenly wants to make sad children smile again, save injured animals, impress Carla with her hard work and help Tim.

In all his interviews about Maddie, SB has seemed like he is pretty desperate to convince people that she is the best thing since sliced bread and now a lot of her scenes reek of desperation.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Yeah I like it too. I also think Tim is sexy - another unpopular opinion on here I'm sure. :D

...no not an unpopular opinion for me ..... he is sexy :D

I didn't realise that Tim was John Duttines nephew :o is that 'The Mallen Streaks' John Duttine?.....if it is then I fell in love with him in that :D

Back to Maddie :p yes I quite liked her from day one as I thought the actress had potential but it has been no surprise to see her transformed 'My Fair Lady' style into the caring thoughtful Maddie, I still like her though mainly because I rate the actress.:)
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Maddie too.
    I think away from Sophie she works as a character. I've enjoyed her scenes with Tim, Sally and Carla.

Totally agree. I prefer her to Sophie right now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with pretty much everyone here. Maddie has come on in leaps and bounds as a character. Her and Tim together are brilliant

And yes, Tim is GAWJIS but Kevin is also looking VERY cute with that beard and tan!
  • zonizoni Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becky was hated during her early years. Then became one of the best loved characters the show ever had.

Takes time for characters with rough upbringings to settle down to therefore being toned down by the writing team.

......and Karen before her and Kylie since her and numerous former rogues in most soaps. The writers need to tone done manic characters if they want them to achieve longevity ;-)
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,133
    Forum Member
    I must say she's growing on me; she's gradually morphed into quite a sweet, likeable character.

And I'm sure this won't go down well on here. :D
    Think you will probably be in the majority, WanderinWonder as Maddie seems to be growing on a lot of DS Members now (though I have not read all the replies to your post yet) and I have to say I am in agreement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OldEnough wrote: »
    I agree with pretty much everyone here. Maddie has come on in leaps and bounds as a character. Her and Tim together are brilliant

And yes, Tim is GAWJIS but Kevin is also looking VERY cute with that beard and tan!

She has indeed. :)

Yes the two gents are quite tasty - I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of threeway action with them & Sal, or just the two of them actually. I must have a thing for older men, as Tony's another one I like. I wouldn't stretch to Ken though, he's a little out of my age range. :D
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I like Maddie & Sophie as a couple.
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hated Becky most of the time in her later years , especially every time she went on a drunken rampage, caused trouble, smashed things up,, stealing and self pitying etc. Her overacting didn't quite help either.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loathed Maddie when she first came in it as a homeless tramp but now she's one of my favourite character's in Corrie and her scenes with Sally and especially Tim are brilliant, just a pity she's lumbered with Sophie.

Maddie Kelly is a good actress, just a shame she has to be in scenes with Brooke Vincent.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,680
    Forum Member
    She's grown on me too
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I'm not a gay man but I had to choose it would be Tim. Even with a manly beard Kevin looks so tiny.

Agreed. I am a gay man and I like Tim over Kevin any day of the week. There's kind of an easy going appeal and charm to Tim. Tim and Sally are a pleasure to watch together.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boxer1988 wrote: »
    I certainly don't dislike her as much as I did but for me the change in her character has happened too quickly. The writers made sure she was consistently unpleasant for months (I genuinely found her scenes with Sophie unwatchable) but she suddenly wants to make sad children smile again, save injured animals, impress Carla with her hard work and help Tim.

In all his interviews about Maddie, SB has seemed like he is pretty desperate to convince people that she is the best thing since sliced bread and now a lot of her scenes reek of desperation.

This sums up how I feel. The transition from sinner to saint has been almost overnight.

I didn't like her at all to start with but that was definitely because every scene involved Sophie and their relationship was so bizarre, all they did was shout at each other, there was no growing attraction or affection. It was very hard to judge Maddie without thinking about the awful Sophie. If she'd been introduced as the chavvy little thief without being lumbered with her as well I think she'd have been interesting.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,463
    Forum Member
    I quite like Maddie too and hope the writers don't ruin her by pushing her in our faces too much. It's sweet that she wears that spotty top Sally bought her so often. She must have really appreciated the thought as she didn't seem mad keen on it when she first saw it ;-)