Jordan & Pete Split Saga (Part 5) (Merged)

Comments

• DollyDumplingDollyDumpling Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dom-348 wrote: »
    He is not doing anything that any other singer/actor doesn't. He does make headlines for his personal life and that cannot be ignored whether he wants it to or not. The point is how to deal with it. Which imo he has managed in a very dignified and professional way.

It makes me laugh, the same people who only yesterday before the content of the interview was known, were slagging him off for selling out, are now slagging him off for giving a boring interveiw. Says it all really, Im sure he is not that bothered though :D

If you find a photoshoot like that to be dignified, I'm sorry I don't.:yawn:

In addition FMs are not the topic. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobis wrote: »
    He was discussing his work!

It is unrealistic to expect there not to be questions about Jordan and the media will always make her the focus of any interviews for now unfortunately, but he does talk about his upcoming tour, his album is mentioned as well as other work he has lined up, I don't see him portraying himself as an idiot at all, I am sure there is a lot more he could say if he chose to and could probably command a hefty fee for doing it!

Had he left it at just his work cobis, I wouldn't be bothered.:)

His work and a whole load of other stuff (advertised heavily on television) as well as a tacky photoshoot all made up the item on which I'm commenting.

He can do/say whatever he likes but its unreasonable to expect the approval of everyone.
    You like him.
    I don't.
    Its no big deal.:)
  • darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    He was discussing his work!

It is unrealistic to expect there not to be questions about Jordan and the media will always make her the focus of any interviews for now unfortunately, but he does talk about his upcoming tour, his album is mentioned as well as other work he has lined up, I don't see him portraying himself as an idiot at all, I am sure there is a lot more he could say if he chose to and could probably command a hefty fee for doing it!

Completely agree with your post.

I see Jordan has been dropped by Hello magazine. Disappointing sales of the issues in which she appeared for them so they've terminated their one year deal.

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=hello-mag-s-goodbye-to-jordan-flop%26method=full%26objectid=22008249%26siteid=93463-name_page.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pete`s interview and photoshoot for Fab mag in the NOTW is definitely not the cringeworthy sellout some of his detractors were predicting..................a nice, intelligent and interesting interview with nothing we do not already know about Krusty`s obsession with Andrew Gould - he said nothing nasty or vindictive about her and I have to say he looks damn good in those pics :p

I like the interview. I think he's given a little bit more away, especially about the horse-riding instructor, but so what? If he wants to talk about his personal life, that's up to him. There was nothing nasty or bitchy in the interview about KP, although I am not keen on the water everywhere in every picture. Front page is good though :D
    tegan1973 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed in Pwicey. I wanted her to dump Alex and now its a big fake engagement on the horizon. It won't make anyone like her. She is so lacking in warmth it is unbelieveable. When Alex won CBB, she looked wooden and unemotional. If she was in any way genuine she would have been so proud of him.

KP is incapable of showing any genuine warmth. Warmth and KP just don't equate. She's an ice-box, although I'm sure she does have some feelings underneath somewhere. Alex is obviously smitten and just going alolng with the KP bandwagon to bring in the dosh.
    I think this post sums it all up beautifully, Peter Andre is under an obligation to his record company to publicise his album, that is why these interviews are set up, it goes without saying that like it or not any interviewer is not going to talk to Peter without mentioning Jordan, I think he has answered all questions put to him as honestly as he can without going into all the sordid details, he seems to be able to bring the interview back to whatever it is he is promoting, so he is fulfulling his obligations to the media etc. I can't really fault him for that to be honest.

As for the timing of this weekend's article, and the adverts for it, I doubt very much whether he has had a say in that whatsoever, but with Alex winning CBB, Jordan all over the place being booed, Peter's management, the newspapers and magazines etc. are not likely to miss an opportunity handed to them like this one, that is their job!

Like I said on another post, an album cannot be gathered together in two weeks. This album will have been planned for at least a couple of months. Even the photo-shoot for the NOTW magazine must've been taken about three weeks ago, so this is to promote Pete's album, not to steal Alex's thunder. Three weeks ago, no one could possibly have known how well Alex was going to do on CBB.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darling wrote: »
    Completely agree with your post.

I see Jordan has been dropped by Hello magazine. Disappointing sales of the issues in which she appeared for them so they've terminated their one year deal.

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=hello-mag-s-goodbye-to-jordan-flop%26method=full%26objectid=22008249%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

She might as well go back to OK mag. Her and Alex have no doubt already sold their story to them.
  • LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    If his management team told him to jump in front of a bus he'd probably do that too.;)

Something you've said before elsewhere:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?&p=38212582
    If he was discussing his work I'd not be commenting but he involves himself in a whole lot more than that and imho portrays himself as an idiot who'll do/say anything to garner publicity.

He was speaking about his work. Why do you think he gave the interview, and why do you seem to feel he should never under any circumstances speak about his personal life to any greater or lesser extent? He has a tour and an album to to promote and it's the nature of showbiz for anyone in the public eye to promote things. You've claimed in the past to have been on TV yourself, so surely you of all people should realise the value of promotion and publicity?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something you've said before elsewhere:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?&p=38212582

He was speaking about his work. Why do you think he gave the interview, and why do you seem to feel he should never under any circumstances speak about his personal life to any greater or lesser extent? He has a tour and an album to to promote and it's the nature of showbiz for anyone in the public eye to promote things. You've claimed in the past to have been on TV yourself, so surely you of all people should realise the value of promotion and publicity?

Just like you, I give my opinions LC.

I don't feel its neccessary to justify them.
    Much better, I think, to discuss the topic.
    Forum Member

I'm discussing the topic and asking questions of you DD - it constitutes a debate.

I'll rephrase it - he was discussing his work, and why shouldn't he speak about his personal life? He has a tour and an album to promote and it's in the nature of showbiz to do publicity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to smile with Jordan trying to upgrade to Hello magazine and go all classy! A couple of years ago she was complaining she didn't get the sorts of jobs that Liz Hurley and CZJ get.......she wonders why???

It looks like she'll have to downgrade again back to OK. Never mind eh Jords, at least they pay the wonga!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member

So why give an opinion in the first place? Isnt it the norm to have an opinion and say why you have it. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Afternoon LC :)

Have to say I agree with the bolded bit. IMO, whether someone is a KP fan, a PA fan or *neutral*, most people would agree that as a business proposition they were very profitable together. He reignited his music career and she was able to reinvent herself as Katie the devoted wife & mum.

It WAS their personal life that people were interested in; that's why the reinvented Katie was offered the chance to put her name to so many ranges of merchandise (leading to people to refer to her as a *cough* businesswoman). When she was pure Jordan those same companies wouldn't have touched her with a bargepole.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is the problem with anyone talking about their personal lives if they want to? It's up to the individual. As has been said before, you don't HAVE to read interviews about those who wind you up. I avoid pish interviews now since I can't stand the silly mare, it's not that hard to do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to smile with Jordan trying to upgrade to Hello magazine and go all classy! A couple of years ago she was complaining she didn't get the sorts of jobs that Liz Hurley and CZJ get.......she wonders why???

It looks like she'll have to downgrade again back to OK. Never mind eh Jords, at least they pay the wonga!

OK's far too upmarket...I hear the Daily Sport are looking for a cover girl!! ;):D
    Forum Member
    I wander if it's another contract with OK or if it's a one off, off of the back of Reid's win? ie, his interview and shoot with her tagging along:D
    Forum Member
    WelshMum64 wrote: »
    Afternoon LC :)

Have to say I agree with the bolded bit. IMO, whether someone is a KP fan, a PA fan or *neutral*, most people would agree that as a business proposition they were very profitable together. He reignited his music career and she was able to reinvent herself as Katie the devoted wife & mum.

It WAS their personal life that people were interested in; that's why the reinvented Katie was offered the chance to put her name to so many ranges of merchandise (leading to people to refer to her as a *cough* businesswoman). When she was pure Jordan those same companies wouldn't have touched her with a bargepole.

Afternoon WelshMum. :)

It seems sometimes with some people Peter can't do right for doing wrong. Even before the article was published it seemed in some folks eyes as if he shouldn't discuss anything at all. He has an album out and a tour coming up, what's he supposed to do - say nothing? These things haven't just come out of the blue, they've been arranged for months. Where's the crystal ball to say that he knew Reid would win CBB, so he could say, 'Hey, let's release an album and go on tour!'

Katie gets publicity nearly every day because she can't bear to be out of the news. I haven't seen any of Peter's detractors saying 'Oh, this putative engagement is all on the back of Reid winning CBB', but if Peter is in the media for whatever reason it's all about getting the hump because he's 'a media ****'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WelshMum64 wrote: »
    OK's far too upmarket...I hear the Daily Sport are looking for a cover girl!! ;):D

I'd be willing to bet she'll be back with OK! Both need each other! I wonder if OK sales have gone down since she left?

Going back to Alex for a mo, I'm still not sure about him. I thought he'd be a mumbling, bumbling neanderthal nightmare in the CBB house, bleating on about himself and KP.......when really all he did was bleat on about himself! I thought he came across very well although I'm still not convinced about whether he's genuine or not. I still think he has his eye on the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
    Forum Member
    From my memory over the past months since they split. His interviews have coincided with promotion of something, ie, single, album, purfume etc. Where as KP has just been promoting herself via stories about her private life. Proper red top media fodder stuff, as it's obviousl any real work has dried up big time.
    Forum Member
    I'd be willing to bet she'll be back with OK! Both need each other! I wonder if OK sales have gone down since she left?

Going back to Alex for a mo, I'm still not sure about him. I thought he'd be a mumbling, bumbling neanderthal nightmare in the CBB house, bleating on about himself and KP.......when really all he did was bleat on about himself! I thought he came across very well although I'm still not convinced about whether he's genuine or not. I still think he has his eye on the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

That's right, he's never going to amount to much without her, he needs her like he needs oxygen, just to keep himself in the news. He's already gone on about 'gift horses', with regard to being with her, but she doesn't care because a man, any man, will do in her eyes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's right, he's never going to amount to much without her, he needs her like he needs oxygen, just to keep himself in the news. He's already gone on about 'gift horses', with regard to being with her, but she doesn't care because a man, any man, will do in her eyes.

That sounds exactly like Peter Andre.:eek:
    Forum Member

Do change the record please DD......:yawn: :yawn: :D

Funny how he seems to be doing quite well without her. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dom-348 wrote: »
    From my memory over the past months since they split. His interviews have coincided with promotion of something, ie, single, album, purfume etc. Where as KP has just been promoting herself via stories about her private life. Proper red top media fodder stuff, as it's obviousl any real work has dried up big time.

Katie doesn't have anything to promote though, not at the moment anyway......Her life is all she has to promote and she'll have to keep coming up with story after story to keep the public interested. I wouldn't want to be under all that stress. Mind you, I would guess that she thrives on it.
  • CiawomanCiawoman Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    I noticed this comment on the bottom of Petes NOW interview

i tot this guy had moved on.why is he going on and on abt katie,makn people hate her,it wount be long pete,u l become hated....move on and leave katie alone,uv caused her grief already,u have tried to shatter her life..but u wount...be fast about finding a girl,maybe when u do ,we can see less of u,cos i think u going soooo off.katie is in a good place ...spare her...leave her alone stop all these bad mouthn.she is the mother of ur kids,without her their would never have been those kids

I wonder wo wrote it lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    http://www.ok.co.uk/celebnews/view/18265/Alex-Reid-and-Katie-Price-Proposal-rumours-/

Love the tag for the first photo - "Alex Reid carries Katie Price and her huge ring over the threshold "
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Afternoon Dolly :)

As I said on an earlier post, I do think that the business arrangement that was KP/PA was totally reliant on the public's perception of the two of them together.

IMO in Alex Reid she's found someone who fulfils the muscley bodied, "Tim nice but dim" element that she had in PA, but AR is also is willing to play the media publicity game much further than PA ever was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how long it'll take KP to bite back about Pete's interview?! Next KP interview and headline: Pete was never my type!! :p
This discussion has been closed.