$2 to know the name of Leyton Hewitt's baby

pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
Forum Member
Well, this just about takes the biscuit. I've heard everything now, even KP didn't think this one up.

(He's an Australian tennis player, in case anyone doesn't know).
Lleyton and Bec's daughter was born this past weekend and they are planning to announce her name later this week...for a price. Yahoo! Sports says that Lleyton and Bec have teamed up with "Text A Star" to deliver the name of their baby for $2 a message..

http://www.dlisted.com/node/39382

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh but surely once one person finds out it'll be all over the net in a shot.
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Eviesmum wrote: »

Well of course, this is the fatal flaw:D Maybe it's all a hoax, who knows. Wouldn't put anything past Bec though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Its not a hoax, it is a service where users can get messages from their favourite sports stars.

The baby's name is Ava Sydney, by the way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Novel way of making money of off your new born, makes you wonder what is next. Selling her used nappies on Ebay his 'fans' get first pick.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kwusty Price will be kicking herself for not thinking up this one first.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Kwusty Price will be kicking herself for not thinking up this one first.

Give her time she is trying for a baby and who knows what scheme she will come up with now she has heard this.

Maybe a raffle if you get the winning ticket you can name the baby, how does 'Image Sold For The Right' Immy for short sound?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Ava' is fast becoming an overused celebrity baby name.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's already on their website.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I saved myself $2 then - thank you. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would anybody be bothered enough about their baby's name to pay for it??
  • funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see the reason behind it, but why didn't they just put it on Twitter? That's free. oh hang on...

Also what the hell is she wearing?!:D
  • belive940belive940 Posts: 32,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL :D Quite clever.
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    Well of course, this is the fatal flaw:D Maybe it's all a hoax, who knows. Wouldn't put anything past Bec though.
    what's the gossip about Bec, i haven't heard anything
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,210
    Forum Member
    what's the gossip about Bec, i haven't heard anything

From what I read she's more into money than the guy. Though that was an interview with her ex she dumped for this guy so may not be true
  • halfbiscuithalfbiscuit Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Adolf would be a great name.
  • moomeemoomee Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    There's an article on it here

http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/celebrityheadlines/8112878/bec-and-lleyton-hewitt-charging-for-babys-name

All of their kids names have been used by other celebs before them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    'Ava' is fast becoming an overused celebrity baby name.

Yeah it's totally ruined the name for me. It was okay before Myleene Klass used it then everyone seemed to jump on the bandwagon.

I can think of 7 celebrities off the top of my head who have a daughter named Ava.

I only know 2 in real life though.

This used to be my favourite name about 6/7 years ago as well. :(
  • BingedrinkerBingedrinker Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The babies name is Jim.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    Yeah it's totally ruined the name for me. It was okay before Myleene Klass used it then everyone seemed to jump on the bandwagon.

I can think of 7 celebrities off the top of my head who have a daughter named Ava.

I only know 2 in real life though.

This used to be my favourite name about 6/7 years ago as well. :(

It's still a nice name, but once celebrities get hold of a name I think it loses an element of individuality.

People start to presume you're being influenced by the likes of Myleene Klass!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    It's still a nice name, but once celebrities get hold of a name I think it loses an element of individuality.

People start to presume you're being influenced by the likes of Myleene Klass!!

This was part of the reason I changed Jude to being a middle name instead of a first name as people would assume it wsa after Jude Law.