Options

Dates.

crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone here buy a box of dates to eat at Christmas? My mum always did when I lived at home. Hated them, all sticky and that stone in the middle. :rolleyes: Just seen some boxes in Asda so people must still buy them.

Comments

• Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I buy them without stones. They are better in cakes.
  • Options
    petral_galpetral_gal Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh i bought a bag of chopped dates today to make a sticky toffee pudding!!! I hate them on their own tho!!
  • Options
    LainiomonkioLainiomonkio Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the gorgeous, plump, sticky dates from Waitrose - the Medjool ones.... dribble!
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've actually been looking for dates yesterday and today. M&S had "luxury" dates, at £4.99 for 12. Sainsbury's had the same dates, plus some French ones which looked awful! Budgen's had none.

So tomorrow it looks like Tesco. I won't use the local ASDA because it has no "basket only" checkouts. The self service area has a notice "Up to about 20 items only"; what on earth does that mean? So it has a queue of full trolleys.
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Ugh my mum bought some yesterday and today I forgot about the seed and bit right through it. Ouch, my teeth. But it tastes nice in the way that they don't taste nice?
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Ugh my mum bought some yesterday and today I forgot about the seed and bit right through it. Ouch, my teeth. But it tastes nice in the way that they don't taste nice?

Eh???:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Does anyone here buy a box of dates to eat at Christmas? My mum always did when I lived at home. Hated them, all sticky and that stone in the middle. :rolleyes: Just seen some boxes in Asda so people must still buy them.

I do. I buy the unglazed ones, because I have a person at home which has problems in eating and dates are very good for your health - they are rich in minerals and a bunch of them is a perfect meal substitute,
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think my family do D: I don't like them though.
  • Options
    LaChatteGitaneLaChatteGitane Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think my family do D: I don't like them though.

School finished for the day ? Shouldn't you be doing any homework for school?
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    School finished for the day ? Shouldn't you be doing any homework for school?

Are you her parent? :D
  • Options
    LaChatteGitaneLaChatteGitane Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you her parent? :D

No ! Thank god ! :D

She wouldn't be allowed on the internet, computer, tv .....
    She would be allowed to read a book after I'd checked it out.

And no music that I don't like either.:p

No boys ! To the attic with ye !