Options

Tweets saying Malcom Glazer has passed away?

jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
Forum Member
✭✭✭
True or not?

Comments

• Options
    the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No official news, just rumours on football sites, wouldn't be surprised if it was false but you never know.
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,484
    Forum Member
    Dan Roan ‏@danroan
    United confirm Malcolm Glazer is alive & well despite rumours
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So that is the end of that, thread closed.
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    if any news can be prefaced with 'rumours on twitter' then you can take it as total rubbish
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Made up by one of the usual mugs on Twitter.

Amazingly the likes of The Mirror actually ran with the story, which says it all really, ridiculous.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so pleased I never reead this Twitter thing. it seems such a pointless waste of effort.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CNN are confirming it's true.
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »

care to post a link?

the original idiot that started the rumour that the mirror then decided to state as fact was that cnn confirmed it when they never did. The mirror then tweeted that it was all false
  • Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Is this the same site that recently had a discussion between Gary Glitter and Joey Barton :D:D
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »

Actually, the idiot who posted it on Twitter said 'CNN reporting'

Bit like me saying

'SkyNews reporting The Queen is pregnant'
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,331
    Forum Member
    One of these days a twitter rumour will be true.... I guess I won't be on Jelly and Ice Cream tonight then.
  • Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    One of these days a twitter rumour will be true.... I guess I won't be on Jelly and Ice Cream tonight then.

If United fans 'celebrate' his death it would reflect very very very very very very badly upon us.

I think not wanting to have reputation completely torn to shit would be a reason for the 'Wahey!!' element to calm it the f*** down if (when) it happens.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rarely take much notice of Twitter stories, load of cobblers most of them.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    It would be a complete f***ing embarrassment to the club and anyone associated with it if there was any sort of "celebration" to a man dying from our fan base. I have the feeling there are people just stilling waiting on it happening though.
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rarely take much notice of Twitter stories, load of cobblers most of them.

Oh I don't know,some threads on here are propped up by twatter.;)
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »
    Oh I don't know,some threads on here are propped up by twatter.;)

:D:D:D
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The club's reputation and the fans as a whole would go right down if there is even one idiot that posted anything in the way of gloating that Malcolm had passed away, but you just know that there will be sadly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The club's reputation and the fans as a whole would go right down if there is even one idiot that posted anything in the way of gloating that Malcolm had passed away, but you just know that there will be sadly.

I suspect you'll be very dissapointed if and when the time comes as even the fans inside the ground could celebrate judging by the ill feeling a few years back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I suspect you'll be very dissapointed if and when the time comes as even the fans inside the ground could celebrate judging by the ill feeling a few years back.

Yes and they were outed as complete bloody jam-rags of the highest order, just like the ones who booed Fergie and sang for Tevez.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Yes and they were outed as complete bloody jam-rags of the highest order, just like the ones who booed Fergie and sang for Tevez.

That was a significant chunk of your support at that time, a group of that size can't be dismissed so easily. Is the depth of feeling still there? Time will tell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was a significant chunk of your support at that time, a group of that size can't be dismissed so easily. Is the depth of feeling still there? Time will tell.

I dismiss them very easily.

It was embarrassing in most instances.

People who apparently would struggle to add up the change in their pocket were devouring company accounts and offering opinion on global financial markets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I dismiss them very easily.

It was embarrassing in most instances.

People who apparently would struggle to add up the change in their pocket were devouring company accounts and offering opinion on global financial markets.

Maybe you can, they have no direct impact on you personally but these are regular season ticket holders who clearly have a strong impact on the clubs finances etc....anyway it looks like he's alive and kicking and twatter is wrong again....
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Malcolm Glazer is alive and well, sitting on his mushroom, fishing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe you can, they have no direct impact on you personally but these are regular season ticket holders who clearly have a strong impact on the clubs finances etc....anyway it looks like he's alive and kicking and twatter is wrong again....

I have no problem with people objecting to the debt. I have no problem with people who put significant money into the club having an opinion.

However there were a significant number of brainless idiots who hurled their weight behind "Glazer out" while having absolutely no idea of any viable alternative. They would have cheered on a Bin Laden led take over simply on the basis that it "wasn't the Glazers" and assumed that someone would come along and spend the best part of a billion pounds on a business but not do it for their own ends.

It was ill conceived, idiotic and in a number of cases added credence to the image of Man Utd fans as being spoilt brats TBH.

Anyway, rant over!!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe some said that he'd dyed... his hair and funny little gnome beard that bloody awful ginger colour.